PSA: MTB'ing girlies with rilly wide bars:

Shaun Rimmer

Guest
Right you MTB'ing girlies with rilly rilly wide handlebars - it makes you
look butch as hell but rather silly too.

Don't do it.

Leave it to us tough blokes who can actually pull of that look, OK?

Thanks.

Shaun aRe

> Right you MTB'ing girlies with rilly rilly wide handlebars - it makes you
> look butch as hell but rather silly too.
>
> Don't do it.
>
> Leave it to us tough blokes who can actually pull of that look, OK?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Shaun aRe

yes, with nice wide bars you can do butch manly stuff like this:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/112096359/112097593MYnHcf
http://community.webshots.com/photo/103974110/103975605pPXMhP
http://community.webshots.com/photo/103974110/103975542DJAKSu
http://community.webshots.com/photo/103974110/103976215aHbody

which is useful.

Steve.

spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Right you MTB'ing girlies with rilly rilly wide handlebars - it
>> makes you look butch as hell but rather silly too.
>>
>> Don't do it.
>>
>> Leave it to us tough blokes who can actually pull of that look, OK?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Shaun aRe

> yes, with nice wide bars you can do butch manly stuff like this:
>
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/112096359/112097593MYnHcf
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/103974110/103975605pPXMhP
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/103974110/103975542DJAKSu
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/103974110/103976215aHbody
>
> which is useful.
>
> Steve.

Those are some "rilly" strong butches!

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

> Right you MTB'ing girlies with rilly rilly wide handlebars - it makes you
> look butch as hell but rather silly too.
>
> Don't do it.
>
> Leave it to us tough blokes who can actually pull of that look, OK?
>
> Thanks.
> Shaun aRe

I use wide bars on all my bikes. I'm no butch and I don't look like one
either. Why don't you go shove off and ride your bike instead of complaining
about what other people ride...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Right you MTB'ing girlies with rilly rilly wide handlebars - it makes

you
> > look butch as hell but rather silly too.
> >
> > Don't do it.
> >
> > Leave it to us tough blokes who can actually pull of that look, OK?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Shaun aRe

> yes, with nice wide bars you can do butch manly stuff like this:
>
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/112096359/112097593MYnHcf
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/103974110/103975605pPXMhP
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/103974110/103975542DJAKSu
> http://community.webshots.com/photo/103974110/103976215aHbody
>
> which is useful.
>
> Steve.

Finally, someone who understands me!

Shaun aRe - BTW, those were narrow arsed bars, Stevie...

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Right you MTB'ing girlies with rilly rilly wide handlebars - it makes

you
> > look butch as hell but rather silly too.
> >
> > Don't do it.
> >
> > Leave it to us tough blokes who can actually pull off that look, OK?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Shaun aRe

> I use wide bars on all my bikes. I'm no butch and I don't look like one
> either.

But, but, _YOU_ were the person I had foremost in mind when I posted this,
Carla!

> Why don't you go shove off and ride your bike instead of complaining
> about what other people ride...

OK, soon as you grow back that sense of humour you seem to have so brutally
hacked off ',;~P```

Shaun aRe

> Right you MTB'ing girlies with rilly rilly wide handlebars - it makes you
> look butch as hell but rather silly too.
>
> Don't do it.
>
> Leave it to us tough blokes who can actually pull of that look, OK?
>
> Thanks.

Yes, thank you! Add 12 year old boys to the list, too.

Greg

"Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Right you MTB'ing girlies with rilly rilly wide handlebars - it makes

you
> > look butch as hell but rather silly too.
> >
> > Don't do it.
> >
> > Leave it to us tough blokes who can actually pull of that look, OK?
> >
> > Thanks.
> > Shaun aRe

> I use wide bars on all my bikes. I'm no butch and I don't look like one
> either. Why don't you go shove off and ride your bike instead of

complaining
> about what other people ride...

Sometimes the bars are so wide they can't even turn their bikes. I can't
begin to tell you how many times I've had to rescue girls who went straight
off the side of singletrack because their arms are pointed straight out to
the sides and they could only turn like 1 degree, as soon as they hit a 2
degree turn or more they can't make the turn.

Please, heed the Rimster, I'm tired of saving girls with wide-bar syndrome.

Greg

> Sometimes the bars are so wide they can't even turn their bikes. I can't
> begin to tell you how many times I've had to rescue girls who went

straight
> off the side of singletrack because their arms are pointed straight out to
> the sides and they could only turn like 1 degree, as soon as they hit a 2
> degree turn or more they can't make the turn.
>
> Please, heed the Rimster, I'm tired of saving girls with wide-bar

syndrome.

> Greg

Trust me, I'm not one of them...

- CA-G
tired of saving shameless men with big testicles syndrome who can't pedal
their bikes...

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

> Don't do it.

What he said. Every spring it's the same old thing on the trails around
here; perfumed bark piles on the ground below any tree closer than a couple
feet from the trails. It's gotten epidemic, I tells ya!

G.T. wrote:

> Sometimes the bars are so wide they can't even turn their bikes. I can't
> begin to tell you how many times I've had to rescue girls who went straight
> off the side of singletrack because their arms are pointed straight out to
> the sides and they could only turn like 1 degree, as soon as they hit a 2
> degree turn or more they can't make the turn.<snip>

No really, tell us. How many girls have you had to save?

Kathleen

Gee, so thats what that stuff is . . . perfumed bark.

When I crashed last week, and landed on one of those piles, it seemed a
little softer than bark, and I have to say the perfume did not smell all
that nice.

;-)

Sniffinvinyl
----------------
Remain sane, cycle your brains out . . .

news:[email protected]...

Shaun Rimmer wrote:
> Right you MTB'ing girlies with rilly rilly wide handlebars - it makes
> you look butch as hell but rather silly too.
>
> Don't do it.
>
> Leave it to us tough blokes who can actually pull of that look, OK?
>
> Thanks.
>

> Shaun aRe

Shut your piehole!

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Zilla <[email protected]> wrote:
> spademan o---[) * <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>

>>> Right you MTB'ing girlies with rilly rilly wide handlebars - it
>>> makes you look butch as hell but rather silly too.
>>>
>>> Don't do it.
>>>
>>> Leave it to us tough blokes who can actually pull of that look, OK?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>> Shaun aRe

>> yes, with nice wide bars you can do butch manly stuff like this:
>>
>> http://community.webshots.com/photo/112096359/112097593MYnHcf
>> http://community.webshots.com/photo/103974110/103975605pPXMhP
>> http://community.webshots.com/photo/103974110/103975542DJAKSu
>> http://community.webshots.com/photo/103974110/103976215aHbody
>>
>> which is useful.
>>
>> Steve.

> Those are some "rilly" strong butches!

I was cracking up looking at those pictures. I saw a homeless dude riding
down the street the other day on an old beater with turned-up drop bars just
like in the photos. Only rather than performing stunts, he had a green
plastic trash bag filled with his worldly possessions dangling from each
side. Despite the man's obvious tragic existence, all I could focus on was
how fooked up those bars looked turned upside down. Maybe he was a bicycle
acrobat that couldn't handle the pressure of circus life?

PC disclaimer: Not that I was laughing at the homeless dude, he wasn't all
that interesting. But to see bars like those twice in a week in such wildly
different circumstances struck me as funny.

Tom

Kathleen wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>

>> Sometimes the bars are so wide they can't even turn their bikes. I can't
>> begin to tell you how many times I've had to rescue girls who went
>> straight
>> off the side of singletrack because their arms are pointed straight
>> out to
>> the sides and they could only turn like 1 degree, as soon as they hit a 2
>> degree turn or more they can't make the turn.<snip>

> No really, tell us. How many girls have you had to save?

26 1/2 in the last 28 weeks.

Greg

Carla A-G wrote:
> "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Sometimes the bars are so wide they can't even turn their bikes. I can't
>>begin to tell you how many times I've had to rescue girls who went

> straight
>
>>off the side of singletrack because their arms are pointed straight out to
>>the sides and they could only turn like 1 degree, as soon as they hit a 2
>>degree turn or more they can't make the turn.
>>
>>Please, heed the Rimster, I'm tired of saving girls with wide-bar

> syndrome.
>
>>Greg

> Trust me, I'm not one of them...
>
> - CA-G
> tired of saving shameless men with big testicles syndrome who can't pedal
> their bikes...

I know when things are too big to get in the way of riding so I guess
you're talking about Rimmer. I think his testicles are ten times the size
of mine.

Greg

> "Carla A-G" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >

> > > Right you MTB'ing girlies with rilly rilly wide handlebars - it makes

> you
> > > look butch as hell but rather silly too.
> > >
> > > Don't do it.
> > >
> > > Leave it to us tough blokes who can actually pull of that look, OK?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > Shaun aRe

> > I use wide bars on all my bikes. I'm no butch and I don't look like one
> > either. Why don't you go shove off and ride your bike instead of

> complaining
> > about what other people ride...
> >

> Sometimes the bars are so wide they can't even turn their bikes. I can't
> begin to tell you how many times I've had to rescue girls who went

straight
> off the side of singletrack because their arms are pointed straight out to
> the sides and they could only turn like 1 degree, as soon as they hit a 2
> degree turn or more they can't make the turn.

DUUUUDE, you got that right! I've taken to carrying a small hacksaw with me
now, so the girlies I rescue can ride afterward without further and constant
assistance.

> Please, heed the Rimster, I'm tired of saving girls with wide-bar

syndrome.

Yeah, please heed the Gregster about heeding the Rimster!

Shaun aRe - Wide bars is fo' dudes, mon!

> Carla A-G wrote:
> > "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >
> >>Sometimes the bars are so wide they can't even turn their bikes. I

can't
> >>begin to tell you how many times I've had to rescue girls who went

> > straight
> >
> >>off the side of singletrack because their arms are pointed straight out

> >>the sides and they could only turn like 1 degree, as soon as they hit a

2
> >>degree turn or more they can't make the turn.
> >>
> >>Please, heed the Rimster, I'm tired of saving girls with wide-bar

> > syndrome.
> >
> >>Greg

> > Trust me, I'm not one of them...
> >
> > - CA-G
> > tired of saving shameless men with big testicles syndrome who can't

pedal
> > their bikes...
> >

> I know when things are too big to get in the way of riding so I guess
> you're talking about Rimmer. I think his testicles are ten times the size
> of mine.

Troot mon! I got cajones like steel basket balls. Only way I can ride is by
slinging one over each shoulder. No wonder I get such bad back ache...

Shaun aRe - Goodness, gracious, great balls of steel!

news:fi0ic.40128$%[email protected]...
> Kathleen wrote:
> > G.T. wrote:
> >

> >> Sometimes the bars are so wide they can't even turn their bikes. I

can't
> >> begin to tell you how many times I've had to rescue girls who went
> >> straight
> >> off the side of singletrack because their arms are pointed straight
> >> out to
> >> the sides and they could only turn like 1 degree, as soon as they hit a

2
> >> degree turn or more they can't make the turn.<snip>

> > No really, tell us. How many girls have you had to save?

> 26 1/2 in the last 28 weeks.

So you have actually saved Carla then?

Shaun aRe >',;~}~