Re Groundhog day

MartinM

Guest
It has gone back to 27.5.04 several times this weekend, sorry Vernon I
cannot reply to your query it keeps saying "unable to retrieve
thread". The way I read is to view the web pag, the way I post is
either Post a message or Post a follow up from the page. The site is
definitely bust but not so bust as to call out an engineer over the BH
weekend.

"MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It has gone back to 27.5.04 several times this weekend, sorry Vernon I
> cannot reply to your query it keeps saying "unable to retrieve
> thread". The way I read is to view the web pag, the way I post is
> either Post a message or Post a follow up from the page. The site is
> definitely bust but not so bust as to call out an engineer over the BH
> weekend.

Use a newsreader rather than google.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks for email address

"Tumbleweed" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > It has gone back to 27.5.04 several times this weekend, sorry Vernon I
> > cannot reply to your query it keeps saying "unable to retrieve
> > thread". The way I read is to view the web pag, the way I post is
> > either Post a message or Post a follow up from the page. The site is
> > definitely bust but not so bust as to call out an engineer over the BH
> > weekend.

> Use a newsreader rather than google.

I would if I knew how, does it involve hundreds of e-mails a day in my inbox?

On 1 Jun 2004 04:47:01 -0700, MartinM wrote:
>> Use a newsreader rather than google.

>I would if I knew how, does it involve hundreds of e-mails a day in my inbox?

No, it's in a different account (or program even), and with a similar
view to the google thread view. "Subscribing" is just a term to
indicate: keep this group in your selected group list. No messages are
actively sent to you. Also, you may set the newsreader to only
retrieve the headers of new messages when doing an update (similar to
a page refresh in google), and get complete message bodies ("download
the message") only after you click on the header.

Try http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/ or at least
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/ before using Outlook
Express. To add a news account in those (or any) programs, you need
the name of the news server of your isp. It's probably
news.tiscali.co.uk Alternatively, try a free text news account at
http://news.individual.net/

Welcome to the real (usenet) world :)

in message <[email protected]>, MartinM
('[email protected]') wrote:

> "Tumbleweed" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> "MartinM" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > It has gone back to 27.5.04 several times this weekend, sorry
>> > Vernon I cannot reply to your query it keeps saying "unable to
>> > retrieve thread". The way I read is to view the web pag, the way I
>> > post is either Post a message or Post a follow up from the page.
>> > The site is definitely bust but not so bust as to call out an
>> > engineer over the BH weekend.

>> Use a newsreader rather than google.

> I would if I knew how, does it involve hundreds of e-mails a day in my
> inbox?

No. Download and install a proper newsreader like Microplanet Gravity
<URL:http://lightning.prohosting.com/~tbates/gravity/>; configure it to
point at your ISP's news server; sorted.

;; If you're doing this for fun, do what seems fun. If you're
;; doing it for money, stop now.
;; Rainer Deyke