Re: John Kerry: Nice wheels

Tom Paterson

Guest
>From: Doug Taylor

>e and Bill Clinton and George W. Bush and **** Cheney and
>Don Rumsfeld and Dan Quayle to name a few. We were all draft dodgers.
>You could dodge the draft legally or illegally. Legal dodges included
>student deferments and then a high draft number (me); (snip)

Me too, but let's hasten to add that *deferment* meant just that. Flunk out?
Gone. And after the deferment was over, Gone. College grads were "officer"
material (draw bull's eye on uniform). No one knew there was going to be a
lottery for at least some of those deferments, and the war obviously wasn't
going to end any time soon. Ever since, I've cherished my lucky birthday.

>Oh, and P.S. If the government for whatever reason re-instituited
>that draft to get bodies to fight in Iraq, see how popular your little
>war would be then.

Amen, brother. Let them try to get a real declaration of war through Congress,
too. Not some ******** Gulf of Tonkin or Executive Powers act. An couple of
end-runs around the Constitution.
--Tom Paterson

In case anyone hasn't already seen it, go to Google, type in "miserable
failure" and select I'm Feeling Lucky.

--
Ted Bennett
Portland OR