Recumbent motorcycle

[email protected] (Steve McDonald) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Riding low on a bicycle is one thing. Ripping along at motorcycle speeds, I'd rather be up where
> I've got a better view of what's ahead.
>
> Steve McDonald

That's one of the advantages of the recumbent position: you're facing forward, looking at the road
ahead. On the cafe-racer crouch, you're staring at the pavement immediately in front of your wheel.

Jeff

"MLB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Mark Leuck" <[email protected]> wrote in news:YiTFa.651076$Si4.594209
> @rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net:
>

> > "John Rooker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> Don't know if this bike has been mentioned here, but it looks like fun: Expensive, but fun. :)
> >>
> >> http://www.allamericanracers.com/alligator/alligator_home.html
> >
> > Thats been around for a while, too bad its only a small single cylinder
> >

> Thumpers rule, multi's drool...............

I've had both and have never drooled over a thumper, stick an 1100CC GSXR engine in that alligator
and Gurney might have something

Bob "Windcheetah" Dixon once told me that:

"Cosworth[1] has now gone, took a very nice GSXR 1100 in px, [just the thing for a recovering stroke
victim] Full 153bhp version, it's an overweight evil handling pig but the top gear roll-on has to be
experienced to be believed. It absolutely stomps my mates 916 [until the twisty bits] Despite having
had a fairly impressive stable of bikes over the years I must confess that nothing has ever
intimidated me quite the way this bike does. Had a blast on an R1 the other day ands it felt like a
***** cat in comparison . The new generation of bikes are much, much better.When I gave up racing I
always said I`d never touch another road bike but I feel myself getting sucked in........."

1 - Ford Sierra Cosworth RS 500 tweaked to give around 350 bhp...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

> "I've had both and have never drooled over a thumper, stick an 1100CC GSXR engine in that
> alligator and Gurney might have something"

Hmmm....I thinks it's a bit too wide. The rider straddling that lump would look like a refugee from
a gynacologist's clinic...

[email protected] (Duncan Cooper) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> > "I've had both and have never drooled over a thumper, stick an 1100CC GSXR engine in that
> > alligator and Gurney might have something"
>

> Hmmm....I thinks it's a bit too wide. The rider straddling that lump would look like a refugee
> from a gynacologist's clinic...

In reality, it would be tough to fit anything but a single cylinder motor into the Alligator design.
Even putting something like a V-twin would put a header pipe dangerously close to the family jewels.

However, a Ducati-powered Alligator appeals to my sense of the weird. Desmo-recumbo, anyone?

Jeff