Road pedals or mtb

PaGuy

Jan 11, 2006
Hi all,
I'm looking for advice on pedals. All my riding is on a road bike. Right now I have mtb shoes with spd pedals on my road bike. It's now time for new better shoes. Should I move up to road shoes with look pedals or should I stay with the mtb style? I really like the fact that I can walk with the mtb shoe, not that I do that much. I'm not sure the road shoes and pedals will do much to improve my performance.....or will they? I can get the same shoe at the same price in either version. Any advice?

Thanks, John

PaGuy said:
Hi all,
I'm looking for advice on pedals. All my riding is on a road bike. Right now I have mtb shoes with spd pedals on my road bike. It's now time for new better shoes. Should I move up to road shoes with look pedals or should I stay with the mtb style? I really like the fact that I can walk with the mtb shoe, not that I do that much. I'm not sure the road shoes and pedals will do much to improve my performance.....or will they? I can get the same shoe at the same price in either version. Any advice?

Thanks, John

Road shoes/pedals are generally a bit lighter. If walking is important, stick with the spd-type system.