Road rage attack on child .. in cycle trailer ..

Ambrose Nankivell wrote:

>> Please note: the "cut their goolies off" bit is a quote from Not The Nine O-Clock News - we do
>> all know that don't we?

> Of course. We all know intimately a show which was last broadcast over ten years ago and last made
> at least 15 years ago.

Explain, then, how certain people below the age of 30 are able to recite verbatim whole sketches
from Mr. Montgomery Python's Flying Circus programme, or the 1980s wireless programme The
Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

--
Guy
===

"Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:b1r19h$88h$1

> In that this person admitted his guilt he is not a psychopath.

Yeah right. The difference is between saying you are sorry and feeling sorry.

... and I don't mean feeling sorry for himself that he got caught/ got himself in the ****.

Roger Thorpe wrote:

> Howard wrote:
> > Baxter.
> >
> > Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Address: xxxxxxxxxxx Market Weighton YO43 ***
>
> This is a slippery slope, and I think that's a step too far.
>
> --
> Roger Thorpe
>
> My email address is spamtrapped. You can work it out!

why? mr b or mr c baxter of shipman road is a thug, it should be attempted murder, he should lose
his job and go to jail.

davep

"W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "Michael MacClancy" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:b1r19h$88h$1
>
> > In that this person admitted his guilt he is not a psychopath.
>
> Yeah right. The difference is between saying you are sorry and feeling sorry.
>
> ... and I don't mean feeling sorry for himself that he got caught/ got himself in the ****.

Well, neither of us was in the court so we can't judge that can we?

Michael MacClancy

"Tim Hall" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Agreed. Next thing you'll find the trial gets abandoned has happened in the past following biassed
> reporting prior to the case coming to court.

The trial's over, it's just the sentencing that's in question. Still, wouldn't want to turn him into
a 'victim' & give scope for any sympathy there towards him would we?

Rich

davep wrote:
> Roger Thorpe wrote:
>

>>Howard wrote:
>>
>>>Baxter.
>>>
>>>Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Address: xxxxxxxxxxx Market Weighton YO43 ***
>>
>>This is a slippery slope, and I think that's a step too far.
>>
>>--
>>Roger Thorpe
>>
>>My email address is spamtrapped. You can work it out!
>

> why? mr b or mr c baxter of shipman road is a thug, it should be attempted murder, he should lose
> his job and go to jail.
>
> davep

It's a step too far because, even though all those things are true, publishing his complete address
and phone number is an encouragement to vigilante style behaviour. Who lives at that address? his
wife? his children? do they deserve threatening phone calls or any of the many worse things that
could happen? Part of the deal we make to live in a civilized way is to allow justice to be served
by the state. To do otherwise is to go back to the barbarism of the school playground, and you
remember what that was like don't you? Roger

--
Roger Thorpe

My email address is spamtrapped. You can work it out!

> programme, or the 1980s wireless programme The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

70's surely?

First episode 8th March 78 - last episode 25 January 1980

Eddie (nearly as irritating as his HHGTTG namesake)

"Eddie Dubourg" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > programme, or the 1980s wireless programme The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To
The
> > Galaxy.
>
> 70's surely?
>
> First episode 8th March 78 - last episode 25 January 1980
>
> Eddie (nearly as irritating as his HHGTTG namesake)

If you're a hitchhiker why do you need a guide to a Dawes Galaxy?

Michael MacClancy

Roger Thorpe wrote:

> It's a step too far because, even though all those things are true, publishing his complete
> address and phone number is an encouragement to vigilante style behaviour.

Also unnecessary. One good mob at the court and he'll drop dead of a heart attack, by the
looks of him.

--
Guy
===

<snip>
> I wouldn't suggest asking for his goolies to be cut off, much as you might think it should be
> done, because that isn't a sentencing option open to
the
> Court!
>
> Rich

...and it never will be unless we throw our full weight behind the campaign to make it an
option!!! Dave.

On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 11:56:14 +0000, Roger Thorpe wrote:

> Howard wrote:
>> Baxter.
>>
>> Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tel: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Address: xxxxxxxxxxx Market Weighton YO43 ***
>
> This is a slippery slope, and I think that's a step too far.

I very much agree - anyway, by the sounds of things he's unlikely to be living there for a while to
come. Hopefully, a long while.

KW

davep <[email protected]> wrote:

> why? mr b or mr c baxter of shipman road is a thug, it should be attempted murder, he should lose
> his job and go to jail.

and publishing his address helps those aims, how exactly? It's the court's job to dispense justice
not yours, mine or anyone elses.

--
Marc T Shirts, Sweatshirts, polo shirts, banners, signs,decals, stickers etc for clubs and
associations of all types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk/

Yup this sort of driver behaviour is way, way beyond a step too far. I am all for having number
plates that clearly identify the owner/driver of the vehicle, as happens in some European
Countries...

More details on this piece of sh*t... (This time from the Torygraph)

'Emily Kerwin suffered a fractured skull, lost five teeth and has been left with a squint after the
hit-and-run incident.

She was being towed by her father Stephen, 52, a chemical engineer, on a Sunday morning cycle ride
in the Yorkshire Wolds.

The court heard that Baxter, of Market Weighton, who weighs 20 stone, is separated from his wife,
has custody of a child and runs a small haulage business.

Tony Stephenson, defending, said that Baxter understood he was likely to be jailed and wanted to
make arrangements to see if his business could continue in his absence.

The Recorder, Guy Kearl, QC, disqualified him from driving pending sentence, which was adjourned for
four weeks.'

Ps. I love the use of the word hit and run 'incident'. I guess they just couldnt bring themselves to
use the weasel word 'accident'. However hit an run 'attack' would have been more accurate...

marc wrote:

> davep <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > why? mr b or mr c baxter of shipman road is a thug, it should be attempted murder, he should
> > lose his job and go to jail.
>
> and publishing his address helps those aims, how exactly? It's the court's job to dispense justice
> not yours, mine or anyone elses.

Agreed. Let's wait until we hear the sentence before going round there.

John B

Hi all

Does anyone know the name of the local paper there. Once sentencing is passed we could all write to
discourage potential customers from using his road haulage business.

I agree that no smiley postcards should be sent to the address until after sentencing. We may need
to send them to one of Her Majestey's establishement instead. Here's hoping.

Perhaps it is not that constructive to post this guys details. After all no one is advocating
ringing him up and threatening him. However, it would be comforting to think that if the details of
his haulage company were made available, no one who is truly upset by his behaviour would put any
business his way...

Just lets all be the right thinking liberals we are at heart and hope that the law actually serves
justice in this case. We can always get angry when the usual driver sympathetic judge lets him off
with a trifling penalty...

I guess it is easy to feel a sense of outrage in a case like this. It's the sense of helplessness
that is most damaging. A couple of months before this happened (16 April 2002 to be precise) and
only a couple of miles away (South Cave) someone in a Black Range Rover deliberately crossed over
the central white line and drove at me whilst I was cycling up a hill, forcing me off the road. The
same guy or are the roads around Market Weighton simply filled with cyclist hating psychos in Black
Range Rovers?

(And no I didn't bother to report it. Humberside police didn't even pursue the driver when I was
left unconscious in a pool of blood and hospitalised by a hit an run driver. AND despite the fact he
was found to be driving whilst disqualified and turned left across my path in front of independent
witnesses...)

(P.s Shipton Lane is in Shiptonthorpe, the next village along. Someone (the BBC site?) seems to
have got the street name wrong as both the local press and the person who originally posted the
fuller details - on another site - had Shipman Road, Market Weighton as his address. Given the
confusion to be safe lets all just meet ouside the Chemist in Shepton Mallet to voice our
disapproval :) ).

In an uncanny coincidence I once bought a bottle of Head and Shoulders at that very chemists. Just
thought I'd let you know.

On 5 Feb 2003 09:34:12 -0800, Howard <[email protected]> wrote:

<snip>
> It's the sense of helplessness that is most damaging. A couple of months before this happened (16
> April 2002 to be precise) and only a couple of miles away (South Cave) someone in a Black Range
> Rover deliberately crossed over the central white line and drove at me whilst I was cycling up a
> hill, forcing me off the road.

How common is this?

I thought I was unlucky last year (2002) in having two drivers deliberately intimidate me (one
crossing the central line to drive straight at me) and the other swerving deliberately at me as he
passed (he was passing fairly wide and then swerved in at the last second with the horn going and
his passenger shouting something out of the window) Needless to say, on both occasions there was not
another vehicle or pedestrian visible. Also in neither instance did I get the number plate.

Every other incident I could put down to incomptence but there was no way these two could not have
been malice.

Tim.

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 19:34:27 -0000, "Adrian Boliston" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Paul - ***" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>
>> > What's the betting he'll get six points and a derisory fine?
>>
>> I sincerely hope not, but fear that may be the case.
>
>I read on another group that when someone uses violence in a road-rage incident by way of hitting
>someone with their fist, that a custodial sentance would be very likely.
>
>If on the other hand a road-rager decides to use their vehicle as a weapon rather than their
>fist, would this be treated in a more serious manner on the basis that a vehicle when
>deliberately used as a weapon will almost certainly do *far* more harm than a fist when
>deliberately used as a weapon?

Not true in the one instance I know of. Chap at work was chased and run down by a motorist who then
got out and proceeded to beat him up. Only stopped when other drivers hauled him off. 6 weeks off
work - a lot in hospital.

Result (IIRC) : minor fine and six month ban.

I think we've all experienced that. I've had doors opened on me, abuse shouted out and swerving in
both directions. In ALL cases they've been male drivers with male passengers and what can only be
described as yoofs.