safe / okay to join?

Dog3 wrote:
> "Carrie-Lou Salter" <[email protected]> deliciously posted in news:[email protected]
> berlin.de:
<snip>

>>>Brian, I've seen this service in the past. Do you know how reliable it
>>
>>is?
>>
>>>I don't need it but I know of some people that might utilize it. TIA.
>>>
>>>Michael
>>>--
>>>Deathbed statement...
>>>
>>>"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968
>>
>>I use it, it's a lot better than my ISP's, that's for sure...
>>
>>It does drop posts pretty quick, but if you have a chance to check every few days at least, you
>>don't miss a thing. I've been using it for a year now, and it's workin'.... :)
>

> Hey! Thanks for taking the time to answer.
>
> Michael

That's what I'm running now as well. Since they put up new servers it's not too bad.

--
Steve

Randal Oulton wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>
> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
> over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
> contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
> attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
> saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
> didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?
>
> Randal Oulton

Are you using a different version of Google than I?

There are *NO* posts with "PENMART01" as tha author, and the last post with "PENMART" as author is
May 15, 1996.

Remember, Google is your friend, but you *do* have to use it.

BOB

Sheryl Rosen wrote:
>> Randal Oulton wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it
>>> seems like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>>>
>>> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
>>> and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His
>>> only contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and
>>> viciously attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the
>>> archives, I saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for
>>> no reason. I didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the
>>> waters safe?
>>
> I think this guy's a troll, and I'll tell you why. Sheldon's posts are not archived in Google.
>
> How would he know about Sheldon if the only read RFC from "archives"? Is there another archive
> besides Google?

Good point, and I just checked, see my response to Randy down below...

BOB

Dog3 wrote:

<lol>

> I don't want to discuss routers, switches or cables ;) They make my life hell as it is. I'm glad
> you got it straightened out and are back.
>
> Dinner tonight is burgers on the grill, twice fried fries, sauteed mushrooms and onions. Oh and
> steamed broccoli which I found on sale.
>
> Michael

okie-dokie! ;-)

I had a house full of women doing crafts tonight. Threw myself together some steak, eggs, and
homefries. I'd forgotten that breakfast for dinner is actually pretty good!

--
Steve

In article <[email protected]>, " BOB"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Randal Oulton wrote:
> > who used the name of PENMART01.

> > Randal Oulton
>
> Are you using a different version of Google than I?
>
> There are *NO* posts with "PENMART01" as tha author, and the last post with "PENMART" as author is
> May 15, 1996.

> Remember, Google is your friend, but you *do* have to use it.
>
> BOB

Psst, Bob -- he used to post as Penmart10 (I can find posts with that handle in August 2000). HTH.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!

Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> --
> Deathbed statement...
>
> "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

Michael,

Tallulah was a first cousin of my father. The rare few times I had the opportunity to be in private
company with her and family, it was really a hoot!

Wayne

Sheryl Rosen wrote:

> I think this guy's a troll, and I'll tell you why. Sheldon's posts are not archived in Google.
>
> How would he know about Sheldon if the only read RFC from "archives"? Is there another archive
> besides Google?

I also think he's trolling. But to answer your rhetorical question, stupid people often quote
Sheldon's obscene or abusive messages in totality when they reply, and the reply gets archived
in google.

Best regards, Bob

--
"Yes," said the doctor. "But never with a carnation."

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, " BOB" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Randal Oulton wrote:
>>> who used the name of PENMART01.
>
>>> Randal Oulton
>>
>> Are you using a different version of Google than I?
>>
>> There are *NO* posts with "PENMART01" as tha author, and the last post with "PENMART" as author
>> is May 15, 1996.
>
>> Remember, Google is your friend, but you *do* have to use it.
>>
>> BOB
>
> Psst, Bob -- he used to post as Penmart10 (I can find posts with that handle in August 2000). HTH.
> --
> -Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!

Well, OK (I did write "...but you *do* have to use it.") :cool: Still, Randall must be related to brad.

BOB

In article <BC6AAA8D.47928%[email protected]>, Sheryl Rosen
<[email protected]> wrote:

> I think this guy's a troll, and I'll tell you why. Sheldon's posts are not archived in Google.
>
> How would he know about Sheldon if the only read RFC from "archives"?

Quoted posts.
--

Dave Smith <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Randal Oulton wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it
> > seems like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
> >
> > The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
> > and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His
> > only contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and
> > viciously attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the
> > archives, I saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for
> > no reason. I didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the
> > waters safe?
>
> While I don't think too many people will disagree with you about PENMART, don't you find it a
> little ironic that you come in wanting to be assured that it is "safe" and then turn right around
> and attack someone?

What's a prat? Lynn from Fargo

BOB wrote:

> Still, Randall must be related to brad.
>
> BOB

Oh yeah.. that was pretty much apparent from the onset. Butt boys in whine? Goomba

"PENMART01" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >"PENMART01" wrote:
> >>
> >> Obviously the ignorant douche bag is ascared because of lack of cooking confidence, ascared
> >> I'll rip the stupid hillybilly a new asshole...
c'mon
> >you

> >DOUBLE DD
> >> CUP DARE YOU, *COWARDLY WIMP*... what kinda friggin' hillybilly name is
> >Randal
> >> Gump, scum bag six fingered motherhumper... c'mon, post something you
know
> >> cook, and don't tell me grits, WUSS!
> >>
> >> Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .
> >

> >See? Nothing to be afraid of.
>
> Yet another trailor trash **** can't boil water... obviously. Airhead
should
> be ashamed of herself sneaking a gobble of her father in law's peepee at
the
> rear of the double wide... hillybillys are all alike.

Psssst! You misspelled "trailer".

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:30:26 GMT, Wayne Boatwright
<[email protected]> arranged random neurons, so
they looked like this:

>Tallulah was a first cousin of my father. The rare few times I had the opportunity to be in private
>company with her and family, it was really a hoot!

Wayne, my father's family is from Winston County AL and, IIRC, Tallulah and her senator father were
also from Winston County - Bankhead Nat'l Forest is named after him, I do believe. Small world.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

"If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as old as the bird, and if the
bird's breasts had been as full as the waitress', it would have been a very good dinner." Anonymous.

To reply, remove replace "shcox" with "cox"

On 2 Mar 2004 20:19:45 -0800, [email protected] (Lynn
Gifford) wrote:

> Dave Smith <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> > > I saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no
> > > reason.
<snip>

> > While I don't think too many people will disagree with you about PENMART, don't you find it a
> > little ironic that you come in wanting to be assured that it is "safe" and then turn right
> > around and attack someone?
>
> What's a prat? Lynn from Fargo

Prat? Must be short for "immature". I'm not familiar with it being used as a noun, though, so "prat"
could mean "prattle" to the rest of us.

Prattle <aka: BABBLE>: to utter or make meaningless sounds suggestive of the chatter of (very
small) children.

On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 05:23:24 GMT, "projectile vomit chick"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> > Yet another trailor trash **** can't boil water... obviously. Airhead
> should
> > be ashamed of herself sneaking a gobble of her father in law's peepee at
> the
> > rear of the double wide... hillybillys are all alike.
>
> Psssst! You misspelled "trailer".

Maybe he was testing you... yeahhh, that's it <Barb>.

Ahem, I was testing Barb with my grammar usage in a different thread. Just wanted to see if she
*were* awake or not. LOL!

Terry Pulliam Burd <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> On Wed, 03 Mar 2004 03:30:26 GMT, Wayne Boatwright <[email protected]> arranged
> random neurons, so they looked like this:
>
>>Tallulah was a first cousin of my father. The rare few times I had the opportunity to be in
>>private company with her and family, it was really a hoot!
>>
> Wayne, my father's family is from Winston County AL and, IIRC, Tallulah and her senator
> father were also from Winston County - Bankhead Nat'l Forest is named after him, I do
> believe. Small world.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

It really is a small world, Terry. My father's family was originally from Cullman County which I
believe is adjacent to Winston County. They later moved to Birmingham then, later still, moved on to
NE Mississippi. The senator was quite a figure in AL in his day. Many local stories.

Wayne

Steve Calvin wrote:

> That's what I'm running now as well. Since they put up new servers it's not too bad.

Same here... Been using it for about 2 years now... no complaints.

~john

--
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun
registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our

"Waiting periods are only a step. Registration is only a step. The prohibition of private firearms
is the goal." -- Janet Reno US Attorney General

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (Randal Oulton) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>
> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
> over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
> contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
> attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
> saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
> didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?

Exercise your killfile and you need never see a posting by him.

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud. -- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

"Randal Oulton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi all,
>
> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
>
> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
> over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
> contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
> attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
> saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
> didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?
>
> Randal Oulton

Learn how to use your Killfile and jump in. The group has a lot of pretty good ideas and even some
recipes. A word of warning however, if you get insulted easily, skip this one.

In rec.food.cooking, Randal Oulton <[email protected]> wrote:

> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join.

If you try to join witout an invitation, we will hunt you down and kill you. HTH.

--
...I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who