safe / okay to join?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Randal Oulton, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Hi all,

    I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
    like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.

    The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
    over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
    contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
    attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I saw
    this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I didn't
    see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?

    Randal Oulton

    Tags:

  2. Nancy Young

    Nancy Young Guest

    Randal Oulton wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
    > like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.

    Hello to you. Put on your armor and jump in.

    nancy

  3. Jmcquown

    Jmcquown Guest

    Randal Oulton wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
    > like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.

    (snip)
    > Randal Oulton

    Hello! We don't bite (too hard).

    Jill

  4. Dave Smith

    Dave Smith Guest

    Randal Oulton wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
    > like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
    >
    > The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
    > over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
    > contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
    > attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
    > saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
    > didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?

    While I don't think too many people will disagree with you about PENMART, don't you find it a little
    ironic that you come in wanting to be assured that it is "safe" and then turn right around and
    attack someone?

  5. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    [email protected] (Randal Oulton) deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
    > like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.

    Hi there, and welcome.

    > The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join.

    Just an FYI. You don't join a newsgroup, you subscribe to it. It's Usenet not a private listserv
    situation. Any and everyone can post to it and read it as it is in the public domain and not
    moderated. You were wise to lurk for a few months. And yes, it is safe to read and post to this
    group. Just ignore or filter out what you don't want to read.

    > In the archives, I saw over and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the
    > name of PENMART01. His only contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has
    > little value, and viciously attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over
    > again in the archives, I saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other
    > people for no reason. I didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away?
    > Are the waters safe?
    >
    > Randal Oulton

    Sheldon is not going away and I find he contributes a great deal. Yes, some people find him
    difficuly. Just use your killfile and you'll not see him unless someone replies to him. Now, why did
    you single Sheldon out? Plenty of other people fit your description above more than Sheldon does.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

  6. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    Dave Smith <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Randal Oulton wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
    >> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
    >>
    >> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
    >> and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
    >> contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
    >> attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
    >> saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
    >> didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?
    >
    > While I don't think too many people will disagree with you about PENMART, don't you find it a
    > little ironic that you come in wanting to be assured that it is "safe" and then turn right around
    > and attack someone?

    It's either a true newbie or it's trolling. I hope it has some decent recipes and tips to post.

    Michael

    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

  7. Default User

    Default User Guest

    Randal Oulton wrote:

    > The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
    > over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01.

    I recommend getting a real news service and newsreader, rather than trying to use google. That way
    you can apply newsgroup filters to unpleasant people and block their posts.

    If your ISP doesn't provide access to newsgroups, then you can sign up for free at:

    http://news.individual.net/

    Brian Rodenborn

  8. Steve Calvin

    Steve Calvin Guest

    Dog3 wrote:
    > [email protected] (Randal Oulton) deliciously posted in
    > news:[email protected]:
    <snip>

    >>In the archives, I saw over and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the
    >>name of PENMART01. His only contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has
    >>little value, and viciously attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over
    >>again in the archives, I saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other
    >>people for no reason. I didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away?
    >>Are the waters safe?
    >>
    >>Randal Oulton
    >

    > Sheldon is not going away and I find he contributes a great deal. Yes, some people find him
    > difficuly. Just use your killfile and you'll not see him unless someone replies to him. Now,
    > why did you single Sheldon out? Plenty of other people fit your description above more than
    > Sheldon does.
    >
    > Michael

    I think that Micheal pretty much answered your questions.

    I'm just wondering if this is someone from the past coming back.... hmmmm.... remains to be seen
    I suppose.

    And to everyone.... I'm back. ;-)) I finally got "life" straightened around, for the time being at
    least. I also got my home network straightened out after some major overhauls. (Anyone need a
    802.11b wireless router and pcmia cards? ;-) )

    I suppose that I've missed quite a bit so I should probably spend some time googling as well.

    --
    Steve

  9. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    Default User <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Randal Oulton wrote:
    >
    >> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
    >> and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01.
    >

    > I recommend getting a real news service and newsreader, rather than trying to use google. That way
    > you can apply newsgroup filters to unpleasant people and block their posts.
    >
    > If your ISP doesn't provide access to newsgroups, then you can sign up for free at:
    >
    > http://news.individual.net/
    >

    > Brian Rodenborn

    Brian, I've seen this service in the past. Do you know how reliable it is? I don't need it but I
    know of some people that might utilize it. TIA.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

  10. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    Steve Calvin <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Dog3 wrote:
    >> [email protected] (Randal Oulton) deliciously posted in
    >> news:[email protected]:
    > <snip>
    >>
    >>>In the archives, I saw over and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the
    >>>name of PENMART01. His only contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has
    >>>little value, and viciously attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and
    >>>over again in the archives, I saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse
    >>>other people for no reason. I didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he
    >>>gone away? Are the waters safe?
    >>>
    >>>Randal Oulton
    >>

    >> Sheldon is not going away and I find he contributes a great deal. Yes, some people find him
    >> difficuly. Just use your killfile and you'll not see him unless someone replies to him. Now,
    >> why did you single Sheldon out? Plenty of other people fit your description above more than
    >> Sheldon does.
    >>
    >> Michael
    >
    > I think that Micheal pretty much answered your questions.
    >
    > I'm just wondering if this is someone from the past coming back.... hmmmm.... remains to be seen I
    > suppose.
    >
    > And to everyone.... I'm back. ;-)) I finally got "life" straightened around, for the time being at
    > least. I also got my home network straightened out after some major overhauls. (Anyone need a
    > 802.11b wireless router and pcmia cards? ;-) )
    >
    > I suppose that I've missed quite a bit so I should probably spend some time googling as well.

    I don't want to discuss routers, switches or cables ;) They make my life hell as it is. I'm glad you
    got it straightened out and are back.

    Dinner tonight is burgers on the grill, twice fried fries, sauteed mushrooms and onions. Oh and
    steamed broccoli which I found on sale.

    Michael
    --

  11. Randal Oulton wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
    > like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
    >
    > The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join.

    When you say "safe," what exactly are you afraid might happen? If you're afraid that someone might
    aim mean, sarcastic remarks in your direction, then no, it is not safe. I also suggest that you
    never climb out from under your bed because someone might say something mean on the streets, and a
    telemarketer might say something mean in your telephone. Whatever you do, don't date or marry.
    Spouses are horrible about that sort of thing.

    Maybe by "safe" you mean you're afraid you'll make a fool of yourself by showing yourself to be
    absurdly sensitive about usenet normality and by not knowing how to use a killfile. In that case, oh
    never mind.

    --Lia

  12. "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Default User <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > Randal Oulton wrote:
    > >
    > >> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
    > >> and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01.
    > >

    > > I recommend getting a real news service and newsreader, rather than trying to use google. That
    > > way you can apply newsgroup filters to unpleasant people and block their posts.
    > >
    > > If your ISP doesn't provide access to newsgroups, then you can sign up for free at:
    > >
    > > http://news.individual.net/
    > >

    > > Brian Rodenborn
    > >

    > Brian, I've seen this service in the past. Do you know how reliable it
    is?
    > I don't need it but I know of some people that might utilize it. TIA.
    >
    > Michael
    > --
    > Deathbed statement...
    >
    > "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

    I use it, it's a lot better than my ISP's, that's for sure...

    It does drop posts pretty quick, but if you have a chance to check every few days at least, you
    don't miss a thing. I've been using it for a year now, and it's workin'.... :)

  13. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    >Julia Altshuler
    >
    >Randal Oulton wrote:
    >>
    >> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join.
    >

    >When you say "safe," what exactly are you afraid.

    Obviously the ignorant douche bag is ascared because of lack of cooking confidence, ascared I'll rip
    the stupid hillybilly a new asshole... c'mon you

    CUP DARE YOU, *COWARDLY WIMP*... what kinda friggin' hillybilly name is Randal Gump, scum bag six
    fingered motherhumper... c'mon, post something you know to cook, and don't tell me grits, WUSS!

    Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

  14. Pennyaline

    Pennyaline Guest

    "PENMART01" wrote:
    > Obviously the ignorant douche bag is ascared because of lack of cooking confidence, ascared I'll
    > rip the stupid hillybilly a new asshole... c'mon
    you

    DOUBLE DD
    > CUP DARE YOU, *COWARDLY WIMP*... what kinda friggin' hillybilly name is
    Randal
    > Gump, scum bag six fingered motherhumper... c'mon, post something you know
    > cook, and don't tell me grits, WUSS!
    >
    > Ahahahahahahahahahaha. . . .

    See? Nothing to be afraid of.

    <unless it IS grits...

  15. Dog3

    Dog3 Guest

    "Carrie-Lou Salter" <[email protected]> deliciously posted
    in news:[email protected]:

    > "Dog3" <[email protected];not> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Default User <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
    >> news:[email protected]:

    >> > I recommend getting a real news service and newsreader, rather than trying to use google. That
    >> > way you can apply newsgroup filters to unpleasant people and block their posts.
    >> >
    >> > If your ISP doesn't provide access to newsgroups, then you can sign up for free at:
    >> >
    >> > http://news.individual.net/
    >> >

    >> > Brian Rodenborn
    >> >

    >> Brian, I've seen this service in the past. Do you know how reliable it
    > is?
    >> I don't need it but I know of some people that might utilize it. TIA.
    >>
    >> Michael
    >> --
    >> Deathbed statement...
    >>
    >> "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968
    >
    > I use it, it's a lot better than my ISP's, that's for sure...
    >
    > It does drop posts pretty quick, but if you have a chance to check every few days at least, you
    > don't miss a thing. I've been using it for a year now, and it's workin'.... :)

    Hey! Thanks for taking the time to answer.

    Michael
    --
    Deathbed statement...

    "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

  16. Curandera

    Curandera Guest

    Cookie....Cookie..............Cookie.....

    If you're going to troll get back on the water.

    "Randal Oulton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
    > like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
    >
    > The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
    > over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
    > contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
    > attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
    > saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
    > didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?
    >
    > Randal Oulton

  17. Sheryl Rosen

    Sheryl Rosen Guest

    in article [email protected], Dave Smith at

    > Randal Oulton wrote:
    >
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
    >> like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
    >>
    >> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
    >> and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
    >> contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
    >> attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
    >> saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
    >> didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?
    >
    > While I don't think too many people will disagree with you about PENMART, don't you find it a
    > little ironic that you come in wanting to be assured that it is "safe" and then turn right around
    > and attack someone?

    I think this guy's a troll, and I'll tell you why. Sheldon's posts are not archived in Google.

    How would he know about Sheldon if the only read RFC from "archives"? Is there another archive
    besides Google?

  18. Penmart01

    Penmart01 Guest

    Randal Oulton hummmmmmmms:

    >Cookie....Cookie..............Cookie.....

    even his grandmomma, and his sister, and his aunt, and even his scuzzy piglet of a daughter... hiya
    Randal... watch now how I bust your little hussy daughter's berry, what is she fourteen, a crispy
    critter! Cook something for us, Randal... YOU FAKE!

  19. Pavane

    Pavane Guest

    "Randal Oulton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it seems
    > like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
    >
    > The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over and
    > over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His only
    > contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and viciously
    > attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the archives, I
    > saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for no reason. I
    > didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the waters safe?

    I guess there are assholes everywhere, even in Toronto, eh? Go finish your homework and give Mommy
    back her computer, that's a good little boy. Now it's time for beddy-by. Sleep tight. Do not talk to
    us any more, we are your elders and superiors.

    pavane

  20. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Dog3 wrote:
    > Dave Smith <[email protected]> deliciously posted in news:[email protected]:
    >
    >> Randal Oulton wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi all,
    >>>
    >>> I'll been reading this group regularly for the past 6 months in the Google archives, and it
    >>> seems like a fantastic group of people and I wanted to say hello.
    >>>
    >>> The archives, though, left me wondering if it were "safe" to join. In the archives, I saw over
    >>> and over again that there was a rude, half-educated prat who used the name of PENMART01. His
    >>> only contributions were copying and pasting other people's work, which has little value, and
    >>> viciously attacking everyone else on the list with no provocation. Over and over again in the
    >>> archives, I saw this prat go out of his way to insult, hurt, belittle and abuse other people for
    >>> no reason. I didn't see any recent postings in the archives from him; has he gone away? Are the
    >>> waters safe?
    >>
    >> While I don't think too many people will disagree with you about PENMART, don't you find it a
    >> little ironic that you come in wanting to be assured that it is "safe" and then turn right around
    >> and attack someone?
    >
    > It's either a true newbie or it's trolling. I hope it has some decent recipes and tips to post.
    >
    > Michael
    >
    > --
    > Deathbed statement...
    >
    > "Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d. December 12, 1968

    Is "Brad" back? If it walks like a duck, then it must be Brad.

    BOB betting I'll get attacked and "brad" will deny all this