pictures and interesting tips

You can also check out the newsletter on LeMond Racing Cycles 2003: LeMond Racing
(http://www.lemondbikes.com/racing-news/index.html)

Or at www.saturncycling.net

If you'd like to be added to our mailing list please email [email protected].

Best wishes and happy riding from the Saturn Cycling Team.

The newsletter has this: Robert Herdegen, a professor of psychology at Hampden-Sydney concluded in a
study that cyclists who listened to the band Metallica while riding traveled 11 percent farther than
those who listened to no music. However, Herdegen states, "Picking music you like is a more
important factor in boosting performance than just music with a faster tempo." The 11% figure seems
very high, but the concept seems legit to me. Greg

That's interesting. I used a walkman for years which I now traded in for a MP3 cd walkman which
holds over 12 hours of music on one cd. When I play slower music I like, it's like having the brakes
on especially when climbing. When I play my favorite new age rocker tunes I climb at a better rhythm
then when I play slower tunes or no tunes at all. I don't like riding without tunes because then
it's just the sound of the tires thrashing the pavement and the blood spurting in my head. But some
mountain bike rides I go on have several spectacular waterfalls and the river has nice acoustics, so
sometimes I just leave the walkman off. Of course Walkmans are illegal on the road but no big deal
on trails.

Bruce

-----------------
"Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The newsletter has this: Robert Herdegen, a professor of psychology at Hampden-Sydney concluded in
> study that cyclists who listened to the band Metallica while riding
traveled 11
> percent farther than those who listened to no music. However, Herdegen
states,
> "Picking music you like is a more important factor in boosting performance
than
> just music with a faster tempo." The 11% figure seems very high, but the concept seems legit to
> me. Greg

In Flames should make you go fast; I can't believe you've heard of them. Not a huge Metallica fan,
but where would those bands be without 'em? You likely could use headphones in a TT. If you REALLY
want to go fast, I would suggest Pantera.

James P. Spooner

"Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Spooner wrote:
> >it's Metallica!...
>
> So, what would Napalm Death, Sepultura, Deicide, Amon Amarth, In Flames or
any
> of the otherzillions of bands that make Metallica sound like The
Carpenters do