Saturn Cycling Team News

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Davearnie

Hello -

The April Edition of the Saturn Cycling Team Newsletter is now available.

In it you will find:

Climbing to the Top - by Tom Danielson A Glossary of Tactics from the Director's Perspective - by
Giana Roberge How to become a soigneur - by Mo Bruno and Neilie Fabian Reynolds Forks - by Ian
Sherburne Behind the Scenes at the Sea Otter Classic and the Tour of Georgia And lots of cool
pictures and interesting tips

You can also check out the newsletter on LeMond Racing Cycles 2003: LeMond Racing
(http://www.lemondbikes.com/racing-news/index.html)

Or at www.saturncycling.net

If you'd like to be added to our mailing list please email [email protected].

Best wishes and happy riding from the Saturn Cycling Team.

The newsletter has this: Robert Herdegen, a professor of psychology at Hampden-Sydney concluded in a
study that cyclists who listened to the band Metallica while riding traveled 11 percent farther than
those who listened to no music. However, Herdegen states, "Picking music you like is a more
important factor in boosting performance than just music with a faster tempo." The 11% figure seems
very high, but the concept seems legit to me. Greg

That's interesting. I used a walkman for years which I now traded in for a MP3 cd walkman which
holds over 12 hours of music on one cd. When I play slower music I like, it's like having the brakes
on especially when climbing. When I play my favorite new age rocker tunes I climb at a better rhythm
then when I play slower tunes or no tunes at all. I don't like riding without tunes because then
it's just the sound of the tires thrashing the pavement and the blood spurting in my head. But some
mountain bike rides I go on have several spectacular waterfalls and the river has nice acoustics, so
sometimes I just leave the walkman off. Of course Walkmans are illegal on the road but no big deal
on trails.

Bruce

-----------------
"Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The newsletter has this: Robert Herdegen, a professor of psychology at Hampden-Sydney concluded in
a
> study that cyclists who listened to the band Metallica while riding
traveled 11
> percent farther than those who listened to no music. However, Herdegen
states,
> "Picking music you like is a more important factor in boosting performance
than
> just music with a faster tempo." The 11% figure seems very high, but the concept seems legit to
> me. Greg

In Flames should make you go fast; I can't believe you've heard of them. Not a huge Metallica fan,
but where would those bands be without 'em? You likely could use headphones in a TT. If you REALLY
want to go fast, I would suggest Pantera.

James P. Spooner

"Bikerecker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Spooner wrote:
> >it's Metallica!...
>
> So, what would Napalm Death, Sepultura, Deicide, Amon Amarth, In Flames or
any
> of the otherzillions of bands that make Metallica sound like The
Carpenters do
> for me? Can we use headphones in a TT? Greg Miller

Status