Sebrango cycling lessons

PS We do not do Shakespeare, we do contemporary pieces and original works, working directly with the writers and composers.

The Executive Director had no say in the hiring of a building manager? What does she do then? Nominally, everything done at a not-for-profit is done on behalf of the board - doesn't mean they do all the management.

I was hired as Building Manager in November 2005 BEFORE Naima Kradjian became Executive Director. It is all public record.

Write to the theatre and ask. Call the Press & Sun-Bulletin 607-798-1234

Uh, I'm not sure that's true, Ed: I have Kradjian speaking on behalf of the theatre to a regional arts council in 2000, saying "as I take on the challenge of the Goodwill Theatre, I confess I am afraid of the amount of paperwork that I feel that I am going to have to deal with..." And articles say she took a leave of absence from the Theatre in Q3 2005 to run for mayor - a campaign you worked in. Which obviously entails that she was already there. So she rejoins the Theatre after her failed bid, and you're there, but it's not just coincidence, is it? Maybe she "became Executive Director" after your hire, but it's not like she wasn't around before, is it? To wit (she's also signed the Theatre's 990s in 2002, 2003, 2004):

http://usera.imagecave.com/mediamaniac78/Naima990.jpg

So Jim Thomas, of the Goodwill board, "hired" you and pays you out of public funds, and Jim Thomas works for Republican Sen. Tom Libous, who you work for "in your spare time." And you report to Naima Kradjian, erstwhile Republican candidate for mayor, who was at the theater before you and whose mayoral campaign you worked on before being hired at the Theatre. I think I have all this right, although it's hard to stay focused on things that hold so little interest for me...

Not that I'm making any accusations, but I think you can see how someone might get the wrong impression that you're a political operative for the Binghamton area Republican party, who pulls a living working for a publicly-funded project managed by Republican party big-wigs. Of course, given your concern for transparency, which we've all been privy to on innumerable occasions, we have to take it at your word that that is not the case, and that the entire odd - indeed, felicitous! - chain of events outlined above is happy coincidence, a chance reunification of old acquaintances.

Fausto Coppied said:
I was hired as Building Manager in November 2005 BEFORE Naima Kradjian became Executive Director. It is all public record.

Fausto Coppied said:

A couple of points ... purpose of Patrick showing others the posts noted above is to show that you are a total nut bar - not just on this and other cycling forums but in the totality of your life.

Second that you twist facts, or make them up to build yourself up, or to suit your own agenda / purpose - like your record trip to Boston. And when caught, blow it off.

Loved the picture of you - you really have become a pudgy boy. Not looking too healthy there Ediot.

By the way, you didn't answer the question ... was dad very demanding of you? Lots of repressed anger with you Eddie - locked in a closet?

How do you explain your totally screwed up life? When did it go off the rails? Can you point to one particular culminating incident or did you just wake up one day and found yourself lost and angry?

... by the way is "building manager" another way of saying custodian? cleaner?

I must thank Patrick Van de Wille for thoroughly researching all my employment record and proving it factual. I work for The Goodwill Theatre and assist my NY State Senator. EXACTLY AS I HAVE INDICATED.

As for Mrs. Kradjian, she was founder and ChaIrperSon of the Board when she took her LEAVE OF absence.

She was NEVER an employee.

She only became an employee in 2006, not 2005 or earlier.

Facts, Paddy, they make a big difference.

There is a BIG difference between employee and Chairperson.

Again, what does this have to do with cycling, apart from it being an obvious smear campaign which is failing, since it is just proving you are uninformed.

PS Thanks for the recommendation!

sub55 said:
... by the way is "building manager" another way of saying custodian? cleaner?
No, it isn't.

We have 5 buildings and about 40 tenants, residential and commercial.

I hire the janitorial staff and contractors.

I also handle the media relations (The Press & Sun-Bulletin editorial and advertsing staff and Newschannel34 or WBNG). At not-for-profits you have to roll up your sleeves and do a bit of everything.

Fausto Coppied said:
No, it isn't.

We have 5 buildings and about 40 tenants, residential and commercial.

I hire the janitorial staff and contractors.

I also handle the media relations (The Press & Sun-Bulletin editorial and advertsing staff and Newschannel34 or WBNG). At not-for-profits you have to roll up your sleeves and do a bit of everything.

Dance Eddie, dance :)

Fausto Coppied said:
I must thank Patrick Van de Wille for thoroughly researching all my employment record and proving it factual. I work for The Goodwill Theatre and assist my NY State Senator. EXACTLY AS I HAVE INDICATED.
As for Mrs. Kradjian, she was founder and ChaIrperSon of the Board when she took her LEAVE OF absence.
She was NEVER an employee.
She only became an employee in 2006, not 2005 or earlier.
Silly me then - my mistake. But you can understand how someone might draw the wrong conclusions, right, based on the fact that all the people involved - the state senator, the new chairman (and senator's longtime employee), the old chairman (and former mayoral candidate, and now executive director), and building manager (and former campaign worker for the mayoral candidate who is now his boss at the theatre, and part-time worker for the state senator, and who draws a paycheque signed by the senator's longtime employee, who is also chairman of the theatre's board) - seem to be involved with each other in a number of ways, some of them related to the theatre's operation using public funds and some of them partisan political work.

So, as a non-employee, Naima Kradjian signed all the theatre's filings with the IRS since at least 2002, founded and was chairman of the project since 2000, but didn't hire you (that was done during her absence, by the longtime employee of the state senator to whom you donate your time and who is now chairman of the theatre's board). All above board. Excellent.

I can only hope that this is an example of the kind of transparence you will bring to your job at the CCA. Tally-ho!

Again, Patrick, thanks for the recomendation. I know you carry a lot of weight at the CCA!

Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:28 PM
To: blanchardatcanadian-cycling.com; andrewatBicycle.ns.ca; ahestlerataol.com; hershoffatsympatico.ca; kevanatthebikeshop.com; [email protected]; [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: A recommendation from Patrick Van de Wille

To the CCA, I'd like to offer a recommendation for my employment from the illustrious cycling writer and TV Commentator, Patrick Van de Wille. As you are well aware Mr. Van de Wille has been around the sport for a long time, not as long as me, but long nevertheless, many people think he knows his stuff.

Here is what Mr. Van de Wille had to say about my cycling knowledge:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty the Lapsed Canuck

"Whoa boy, I think it's silly to say I have better knowledge of cycling than Ed. My own list of racing accomplishments is very, very scarce (though I did win one of the two races I entered, riding Chris Firek's too-tall bike and dressed up in the Ultramar Bear suit for the celebrity race). My only claim is spectator- and journalist-side."
Posted on Pedal Magazine Web Forum: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:07 am

Thank you.​
I hope this assist you in making your selection.​

To be a fly on the wall at the CCA offices to hear the roar of laughter when you sent this email in, Fausto. (I mean, Ed. Fausto, whoever.)

Fausto Coppied said:
Again, Patrick, thanks for the recomendation. I know you carry a lot of weight at the CCA!

Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 12:28 PM
To: blanchardatcanadian-cycling.com; andrewatBicycle.ns.ca; ahestlerataol.com; hershoffatsympatico.ca; kevanatthebikeshop.com; [email protected]; [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: A recommendation from Patrick Van de Wille

To the CCA, I'd like to offer a recommendation for my employment from the illustrious cycling writer and TV Commentator, Patrick Van de Wille. As you are well aware Mr. Van de Wille has been around the sport for a long time, not as long as me, but long nevertheless, many people think he knows his stuff.

Here is what Mr. Van de Wille had to say about my cycling knowledge:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty the Lapsed Canuck

"Whoa boy, I think it's silly to say I have better knowledge of cycling than Ed. My own list of racing accomplishments is very, very scarce (though I did win one of the two races I entered, riding Chris Firek's too-tall bike and dressed up in the Ultramar Bear suit for the celebrity race). My only claim is spectator- and journalist-side."
Posted on Pedal Magazine Web Forum: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:07 am
Thank you.
I hope this assist you in making your selection.

Uboat said:
To be a fly on the wall at the CCA offices to hear the roar of laughter when you sent this email in, Fausto. (I mean, Ed. Fausto, whoever.)

... he still refuses to believe that he is the butt of almost every joke told in the cycling community. Go anywhere, riase Fausto's name and you spend the next 30 min. trying to get people up off the floor from laughing too hard.

Like I said earlier ... these "Forums" are now his life - his work in the cycling community takes place exchanging insults with anon people over the internet.

How sad and appropriate can that be ... he's trapped in his own delusions , unable to distingusih between truth and fantasy anymore.

Kinda of the ultimate "you'll get yours" scenario. All those people he abused a long time ago are taking a lot of satisfaction in seeing what he has sunk to.

Uboat said:
Wait a second, I just got a wee flash. I was wondering why he'd dredge up that old out of context quote from me, and for a moment there I got the throught-flash that maybe he thinks he's competing with me for the CEO job!

Relax, Ed, I got other fish to fry. You're not competing with me, nor are you competing, period.

As for the rest of this stuff, I feel like pulling an Ed:

Van de Wille said:
Silly me then - my mistake. But you can understand how someone might draw the wrong conclusions, right, based on the fact that all the people involved - the state senator, the new chairman (and senator's longtime employee), the old chairman (and former mayoral candidate, and now executive director), and building manager (and former campaign worker for the mayoral candidate who is now his boss at the theatre, and part-time worker for the state senator, and who draws a paycheque signed by the senator's longtime employee, who is also chairman of the theatre's board) - seem to be involved with each other in a number of ways, some of them related to the theatre's operation using public funds and some of them partisan political work.

So, as a non-employee, Naima Kradjian signed all the theatre's filings with the IRS since at least 2002, founded and was chairman of the project since 2000, but didn't hire you (that was done during her absence, by the longtime employee of the state senator to whom you donate your time and who is now chairman of the theatre's board). All above board. Excellent.

I can only hope that this is an example of the kind of transparence you will bring to your job at the CCA. Tally-ho!
WHAT ABOUT IT, ED? IS ALL THIS ACCURATE?! TYPICAL TO MOVE ONTO ANOTHER TOPIC, WHILE AVOIDING THE REAL QUESTIONS!!! ARE YOU ON THE PAYROLL OF A PUBLIC ORGANIZATION WHILE DOING PARTISAN WORK??? WHY ARE ALL YOUR BOSSES REPUBLICAN POLITICIANS, AND HOW DO YOU SQUARE UP WORKING FOR THEM IN PAID POSITIONS AND WORKING FOR THEM IN POLITICAL POSITIONS AT THE SAME TIME??? DOES ELIOT SPITZER KNOW ABOUT THIS?? IS THIS THE KIND OF DOUBLE-DIPPING YOU INTEND TO IMPLEMENT AS CCA CEO?!?!

Anyway, that's the best I can do. I was going to work in some typos but couldn't bring myself to do it. I also tried frothing at the mouth and giggling maniacally while typing, but it felt all funny.

sub55 said:
... he still refuses to believe that he is the butt of almost every joke told in the cycling community. Go anywhere, riase Fausto's name and you spend the next 30 min. trying to get people up off the floor from laughing too hard.
That's not quite true, sub55. Why, I was at a Mardis Lachine a couple of weeks ago (omigod, I can feel Ed squirming because in his fantasy world I'm some profiteer who never bothers to go to races) and the mention of his name, when it came up, engendered a three-part reaction. On one hand, there are those - many of whom he has listed in previous forums as "close friends" and "contacts" - who are old enough to remember him, and who indeed fall on the pavement in fits of laughter, stuff coming out of noses, etc. On the other hand, there are others who, again, are old enough to remember him, and who shake their head in saddened silence, saying things like "pauvre gars, y'a completement perdu la boule, y'a completement spinne hors de controle..." Finally, on the third hand (let's pretend we're in the backwoods areas where a fair number of road races take place, where a phone book has four last names and a sizeable portion of the population has three hands), there is the ever-growing portion of the cycling population, young, slim, energetic, pert, healthy, who frankly had no idea who I was talking about, and a few of whom were hard-pressed to remember who I was, despite the prodding of my friends and the fact that I was on network TV roughly 40 times in 1999. These people were between 10 and 15 years old when Ed's last serious involvement in cycling (here comes the rant) came to an end, and are in their early/mid 20s now. We ain't gettin' no younger.

Van de Wille said:
These people were between 10 and 15 years old when Ed's last serious involvement in cycling (here comes the rant) came to an end, and are in their early/mid 20s now. We ain't gettin' no younger.
I'm just curious, was organizing the Canadian Nationals in 2003 and being Competition Coordinator for the World Road Championships in 2003 "serious" or was that just for fun? Do others direct World Cups, as I did in 1999, for fun or are UCI Road World Cups "Serious".

I'm just curious?

Telll us, Paddy, how many Nationals, World Cups and Road World Championships have you organized? Uboat? Sub55? You can all join in if you want. Tell us how many events you have organized.

Fausto Coppied said:
I'm just curious, was organizing the Canadian Nationals in 2003 and being Competition Coordinator for the World Road Championships in 2003 "serious" or was that just for fun? Do others direct World Cups, as I did in 1999, for fun or are UCI Road World Cups "Serious".
Uh... okay. By serious I meant "long-term" or "ongoing". Substitute those in.

Paddy, how many "long-term", "ongoing" jobs in Canadian pro cycling competition do you think there are?

You should know by now that simply is not the nature of the business.

Name me ANYBODY in Canadian cycling with more experience at any higher level.

I'm not really interested in running some Senior III club for 20 years. I never was.

How many races in Canada have full-time permanent staff? One? Two? How many teams now in Canada employee anybody, especially in road racing?

Fausto Coppied said:
Paddy, how many "long-term", "ongoing" jobs in Canadian pro cycling competition do you think there are?

You should know by now that simply is not the nature of the business.

Name me ANYBODY in Canadian cycling with more experience at any higher level.

I'm not really interested in running some Senior III club for 20 years. I never was.

How many races in Canada have full-time permanent staff? One? Two? How many teams now in Canada employee anybody, especially in road racing?
Well, correct me if I'm wrong but you've basically done 2 races and one event since 1997 - am I right? I'm sure you'll be happy to describe, at length, the many ways in which I'm wrong. That's not a whole lot in 10 years. And while there are not many races with full-time staff, there are nonetheless people who are involved, year in year out, at a strong level. And you are not one of those people. Face it, you're not "current" (neither am I, but I don't pretend to be).