seizures and muscle recup/amino acids?

STXR814

Jun 28, 2007
I have epilepsy and currently take medication for seizures which are controlled. Years ago when I lifted weights I took amino acids for muscle recuperation and they worked very well I was wondering if anyone could help me with what I could take safely whether its amino acids or something else to aid in muscle recuperation for riding? From my understanding I can not take anything with L-Carnitine it does the opposite of epilepsy medications. I've spoken with my neuro and he has said just what most physicians say just eat right and you don't need anything but I know amino acids work I've taken them and I'm just wondering if there is anything safe for me to take. Thanks.

STXR814 said:
I have epilepsy and currently take medication for seizures which are controlled. Years ago when I lifted weights I took amino acids for muscle recuperation and they worked very well I was wondering if anyone could help me with what I could take safely whether its amino acids or something else to aid in muscle recuperation for riding? From my understanding I can not take anything with L-Carnitine it does the opposite of epilepsy medications. I've spoken with my neuro and he has said just what most physicians say just eat right and you don't need anything but I know amino acids work I've taken them and I'm just wondering if there is anything safe for me to take. Thanks.

Just eat food...

Unless you're clinically shown to be lacking in something then the stuff that used to roam the land, swim in the sea or grow in dirt will serve you well...

Personally, I don't make a habit of eating stuff that once flew... unless it was an airline hostess.

You're asking if any of us can give better advice than your neurologist. Hmmmm. I'd go with what the neuro guy suggested. If you're concerned about muscle recovery, you can use some of the physical modalities: wearing compression clothing afterward/during; alternating hot/cold shower after workout......I'm sure there are other things.