Shorts or Bibs

Bibs for sure. They are so much more comfortable. It's nice not to have elastic digging into your waist.

Depends on your body type. I have both bibs and shorts and prefer shorts. I don't suffer from coin slot or having elastic digging into me. I find the bibs to be too short, I've had mine extended by the taylor, but they are still a bit short.

I prefer bibs. They stay in place and don't cut into your waist. I also find I can wear tighter cut jerseys when I wear bibs.

Edited to add:

But I do hate wearing bibs without an under shirt under the bibs. I find it rubs my shoulders too much if I don't. I wear just a lightweight, pearl izumi tank top, but on the really hot days, that might be too much.

I prefer bibs but use shorts because p'ing as much as I need to do stretches the bibs too much too soon. I have considered putting a zip in bibs but have been told that it will cause chafing.

dome said:
I prefer bibs but use shorts because p'ing as much as I need to do stretches the bibs too much too soon. I have considered putting a zip in bibs but have been told that it will cause chafing.

Try going out via the basement instead of the attic.........

For road riding I prefer and use bibs exclusively. For mtn biking, I use shorts; the prime reason being that they are cheaper (should I wipe out and rip them). I usually find that the chamois is where the real difference lies......

I have used both bibs and shorts and much prefer the bibs.agree with general concensus that shorts tend to cut into your waist and tummy.down side is comfort stops.see ya.

allan42 said:
I have used both bibs and shorts and much prefer the bibs.agree with general concensus that shorts tend to cut into your waist and tummy.down side is comfort stops.see ya.
:) Bibs are the only way to go. When wearing them off the bike they seem to be totally wrong. On the bike, just right. I even keep them when they are no longer allowed out in public and use them when on the indoor trainer.:)

I prefer bibs as they stay in place better. And for the natural breaks you can just drop a strap off your shoulder (underneath the jersey) and there you go.

oldtimer1 said:
:) Bibs are the only way to go. When wearing them off the bike they seem to be totally wrong. On the bike, just right. I even keep them when they are no longer allowed out in public and use them when on the indoor trainer.:)

When wearing them around the house without a jersey IS totally wrong.......which is usually when I decide to harass my wife by just leisurely strolling around the house. :p