Should i buy m size or l size giant tcr advanced pro team road bike?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by KannanSmiles, Mar 1, 2017.

1. KannanSmiles

KannanSmiles New Member

I am planning to Giant TCR Advanced Pro Team Road Bike. My height is 178cm (5'8") and inseem is 84cm (33"). Should i buy M size (47) or ML size (50)? My friend say M might look small for me and considering my inseem ML might suite me. Please help.

Marufkhan likes this.

2. CAMPYBOB

CAMPYBOB Well-Known Member

You are going to have to help yourself...to a test ride or two. Buy whichever frame size gives you the best top tube/stem length fit and can be adjusted to your preferred saddle-to-handlebar drop dimension. Also, check the saddle setback position.

Lastly, there's the, "This one feels just right!" factor. One of the two is going to feel better to YOU.

3. oldbobcat

oldbobcat Well-Known Member

Medium. ML doesn't start to work unless you're taller than 5'9".

Marufkhan likes this.
  4. Pax

Pax New Member

I say go with the medium. I'm 5/7 with 31 inch inseam, the the sales guy swore that medium was right for me despite the size chart saying I am a S. I hated it. Returned the bike and went with a specialized 52, though even their 54 had a shorter top tube than the M TCR.

5. carbonbike

carbonbike New Member

Great information that you decided to share. Thank you for your carbon road bike insight, like usual!

6. Pax

Pax New Member

I forgot to mention, I had a 2016 Advanced Pro 1(ultegra) model with carbon wheelset with Giant branded DT Swiss made hub. Although it sounds great to have "carbon" wheels, these were junk for everyday riding, as the rear wheel had multiple fractures within just over 600 miles, which gave me the ultimate incentive to return it. My advice: Use an Amex card to buy, because they will make sure you can get a refund in the event your purchase goes bonky.

7. Pax

Pax New Member

and 5'11 actually...the exception is if you're over 275 lbs, then you'd go up in size.

Attached Files:

8. rob nol

rob nol New Member

I would never buy a road bike get a tri bike if u want to be comfortable and like to whip past all the clowns on their road bikes all in a row trying to hide from the wind in a pace line...….very satisfying I might add and pisses them off

9. Marufkhan

Marufkhan New Member

thank you

10. ozzy241525

ozzy241525 New Member

Lastly, there's the, "This one feels just right!" factor. One of the two is going to feel better to YOU.

11. ozzy241525

ozzy241525 New Member

I got some adult life jackets from Maven a few days before they are in good stuff I need these for my
    web design agency Dubai we plane to visit the lack for facing