Carbon wing bars.
Xero carbon wheels.
Campy Record carbon.
VCD Fork.
Carbon headset.
White carbon saddle.
15 lbs.
Lightning fast, smooth in corners.

'05 Equinox 7... This is about as road as it gets for me. It's modded out so much, it would probably be an Equinox 11 or 12, if it wasn't for the Ziconium frame...

Custom Built Anatomic
Carbon rear and fork
Columbus XLR8 tubing
Dura Ace 10sp - full group set including seat post
Eda bars
Have recently upgraded saddles and pedals.

Picture Here

a colnago master olympic with record group and shamal wheels

a colnago c40, full record group, star carbon colour matched fork. open to sale offers as i fancy a change

My new 2005 Specialized Allez Comp Double. Being 56 years old is the reasoning for the "ergo" stem angle for me. Great bike so far. Had it a week. Mavic Krysium wheelset, dura ace/ultegra components. carbon fork, seatstays, seat post, bars and saddle bottom.

CraigUK said:
Nothing very impressive but I'm making a return to cycling and am half way through overhauling my old bike which is a 1983 Raleigh something :D Still in pretty good nick after 22 years. Hopefully if I get back into cycling big time I'll buy some more exotic machinery soon, meanwhile this is a reasonable training bike.

That's purty. It's nice to see something a little different here.

BTW, it'll go faster if you put one of those chain dealies on there.
:rolleyes:

Here's the mid-90s Colnago Master Light that has become my main ride. I built it up with 10s Campy Centaur. Pretty heavy, but the geometry loves me well. I've gotta replace that clunky threaded-threadless adapter with a nice quill one of these days.

mrdsgs said:
a colnago master olympic with record group and shamal wheels

a colnago c40, full record group, star carbon colour matched fork. open to sale offers as i fancy a change

That is one gorgeous Colnago! What year? 02? 03? How much did you pay for it? :D

the c40 is pre b-stay, got the frame from Maestro and called ina few favours to get the star fork as they were very rare then and it came with a steel fork. I think the frame cost me about £1750 then and about £250 for the fork, groupset about £1000, rims , tyres , bars etc about another £300. It has a colnago saddle, colnago headset and an unusual colnago handlebar stem and colnago grip bar tape. I can take close ups if anyone is interested.

mrdsgs

here are a few photos of some of my road bikes. i have been a roadie since the early 80's and have never gotten rid of a bike. check out my website to see more of my bikes. not all are posted yet but eventually will be.
the guerciotti is an aluminum frame with a mix of ultegra and dura-ace 9 speed. the trek project one is all dura-ace 9 speed but i have a full 10 speed group laying at the house to install when i get the time.
michael

www.coolbicycling.com

M2cycler said:
nice bike halien

Ta. It's now been upgraded to a dura ace drive system, carbon fibre seat post, carbon SLR saddle and tubular wh7701 wheels. It performed really well in C grade. I'm not going so well in B grade with it due to the motor needing tuning!

CraigUK said:
Thanks for those nice comments, here is a photo of it complete and ready for the road. I took her out yesterday and still sweet as a nut after 22 years, more than I can say for me :(

http://www.eboost.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/misc/bike2.jpg

Nice looking bike! Classic lugged steel frame. Now if only the fork had a proper crown! ;) Nice touch with the Turbo saddle. The whole build looks great.

Oh and don't worry, just keep riding and you'll come around.

Hello,
My bike is a Roark - it's a custom titanium frame & carbon fork. The most awesome bike I've ridden!

angrydave said:
Let's be honest, you can never justify a 3500.00 bicycle. I mean, unless were making our living riding them, its pretty tough to do. I also have a Ducati 996, a VFR 750, a Land Rover Discovery, and BMW 540i, none of which I can justify. All I NEED is a diesel Jetta right?

Life is about finding happiness, and at least at this point in mine, these things help me with that. :) My kids aren't bad either :)

D

Actualy, you can justify it. I figure if I ride enough and my health is good the bike (6K worth) is paying for itself, but only if you ride!