Show us a photo of your road rash!

JAPANic

Aug 11, 2003
I did this a week ago and it's annoying the hell out of me.
If I bend my arm it kills.
Want to go riding but too cool out for short sleeves and long sleeves rub on it too much.

bum X 2.
both elbows.
wrist. (to the vein)
back of my shoulder.
2 fingers.

crashTunnel.jpg

It's just not the red bits in the photo either...that's just where it is deep... it goes right down more than half way down my arm...

8 of us went down just at the start of a sprint...

2nd time I've had road rash this bad...

Want to heal asap.... :mad:

If you're lucky, you'll get a groovy scar. Everyone can use a good scar. No one thought to take a picture--besides x-rays--of the best road rash I've ever had. Motorcycle crash, on chip-n-seal. Softball sized roadrash on my butt, hip, and thigh. Ground a hole, about the diameter of a quarter, down to the joint capsule in one of my elbows.

Remember: scars are memories that never fade.

how's the bike? hope she's well.

i've been down so many times i can't even recall what each scar is any more but i've got a bullet hole on my arm, i went down in a concrete parking lot while riding my yz 125 at full speed and clipping a parking curb ( entire left side of body road rash) and at a skate contest ( which i won :)) i fell onto my left hip and busted a blood vessel. my left leg was an entire bruise from hip to knee and it blew up to twice the size of my right one.

Basic rule of thumb with regards to roadrash:

If you get in there with a brush (yes a brush) and get all the crud out then it'll heal pretty quick. If you can get it clean within the first 10 to 15 minutes it won't hurt too bad as it'll still be pretty numb, plus adrenaline is a wonderful thing. Leave it an hour and cleaning it properly will sting like a ***** - but "man up" and get it clean.

If there's any dirt in there it could take a few weeks to heal and maybe ooze weird stuff. It'll hurt for a long time too.

If you're at a race and the local 'helpers' want to spray weird stuff/plastic skin on an abrasion that hasn't been properly cleaned, politely tell them you're not interested.

This thread is dying quickly. Come on guys, lets all go out and eat asphalt and take pictures of it so that we can contribute. Personally I never take photographs of my cycling injuries. They are things that I would rather forget. If there where a lawsuit in the offing though........

Been just over 2 weeks now...still a bit crusty but no pain now.
Was a little infected for about 2 days but healed itself.

We were all going to have a run last night at the same place..same 8 guys...the Gods rained us out though...

I got a new saddle...still have a spare helmet... my jersey and pants were toast...

Bike looks OK... wheels OK. (had my best Cosmic Carbons on too).

Other guys wheels were wrecked. Handle bars tangled in the spokes and bang pop snap...

One guy needed stitches in his chin...another guy lost a lot of skin on his chin too... don't know why they use their chins as landing wheels. Two suspected broken collar bones turned out OK. I tend to go into the ninja roll and take skin off from everywhere...

Was actually happy after the crash that I had not broken any bones...was the only one smiling amongst us...couldn't believe we all hit the deck...

Generally a professional takes pictures of my injuries. It just so happens that the piccies are see through.

kdelong said:
Come on guys, lets all go out and eat asphalt and take pictures of it so that we can contribute.

I'm getting back on the bike this weekend, I seriously wouldn't be surprised if my fat gut caused my frame to break. If I get injured I'll be sure to post a pic here :)