Sinkewitz in jail ?

He could cause a lot of hurt.

Wonder if any current High Road members could be named? That would kill any grand tour plans for them.

Up to 6 riders. There were 7 on the team.

Sinkewitz - confessed
Mazzoleni - history
Kessler - history
Gonchar - history

You would think those 4 definately doped with their history

Leaves 3 without history of any performance enhancing substance

Guerinni
Rogers
Kloden

---

Rogers is the only one on High Road at the moment from 2006 tour. And there are not many other riders from the 2006 T-Mobile team on the 2008 High Road Team.

This could be a very big break. Things will come out as I think Sinkewitz may talk. Although if he remains loyal he might take jail and a ram up the **** for the team.

Or he does the 'smart' thing and only implicates riders that already are out of the sport and/or have already been busted...

thunder said:
bye bye rogers and klodi
Rogers walks away untouched.

Kloden is farked. If Sink doesn't get him, the Freiberg doctors will. Bruyneel will claim that he looked Kloden in the eye before deciding to keep him at Atana.

poulidor said:
ALL are in the net. Francke is sueing Rogers and Klöden

http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/breves2008/20080224_180804Dev.html
They're doomed I feel. There is no hefty political support for them unless someone big (from Deutsche Telekom or the University perhaps) is going to be implicated in an ongoing investigation. Then we might get a Spanish OP style close down if there is too much collateral damage.

I can't believe that Freiburg Uni weren't offering their services to more sports and athletes though... but I'm just speculating.

Crankyfeet said:
They're doomed I feel. There is no hefty political support for them unless someone big (from Deutsche Telekom or the University perhaps) is going to be implicated in an ongoing investigation. Then we might get a Spanish OP style close down if there is too much collateral damage.

I can't believe that Freiburg Uni weren't offering their services to more sports and athletes though... but I'm just speculating.
Didn't cyclingheroes report that Uni Freiburg was involved with athletes in biathlon?

TheDarkLord said:
Didn't cyclingheroes report that Uni Freiburg was involved with athletes in biathlon?
I think the Vienna lab was involved with the biathletes. Anyway, biathlon is too small to make a bump. If Freiburg is going the way OP is going, then you'd need the involvement of one of the great soccer teams (for example Bayern Munich), and even then it wouldn't surprise me if everything blows up after all.

TheDarkLord said:

Correct : CH did report that Freiburg was used by other sports people.

Looks like the German authorities are really cracking down - painful but ultimately good.

From http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20080307_214708Dev.html

Heard as a witness in the investigation of the clinic in Freiburg, suspected of having engaged in favour of doping riders of the T-Mobile team, the German Patrik Sinkewitz, suspended one year for doping, was cited for the first time the names of former teammates to be engaged in this process during his hearing, confirmed by the prosecutor's office in Fribourg.

According to the Süddeutsche Zeitung published on Saturday, Sinkewitz, who admitted to having used EPO and blood doping and has been tested positive for testosterone, has appointed Andreas Klöden (second of the Tour de France in 2004 and 2006) and Matthias Kessler. "I can confirm that Mr. Sinkewitz gave names, but for reasons related to the procedure, I can neither confirm nor deny the names circulating, "said Wolfgang Maier, a spokesman for the prosecutor's office in Fribourg. (With AFP)

Klöden?!

Can it be possible that all of the four riders that fled from T-Mobile to Astana were dopers:rolleyes:

You could see this one coming a kilometer away. Kloden is screwed. This will end his career.

Rogers is the one in doubt. One of the riders on the 2006 team did not go to Freiburg to get a transfusion. It is likely to be Rogers.

Bro Deal said:
You could see this one coming a kilometer away. Kloden is screwed. This will end his career.

Rogers is the one in doubt. One of the riders on the 2006 team did not go to Freiburg to get a transfusion. It is likely to be Rogers.
This is one of the reasons why Armstrong wanted an exclusive relationship with Ferrari. The more riders that his doctor services, the higher the chance someone squeals and he gets taken down in the storm.

The predictable Paceline spin on it:

bambi: Great, just what we needed...

LeahM: My oh my!!! This can really hurt Astana whether or not it is true!!!

anculator (whom I love :) ):
From http://www.lequipe.fr/Cyclisme/20080307_214708Dev.html

Klöden could have been named !

bambi in response (whom I loathe):
anculator, once again, please translate if you post something that is not written in English. Thanks! (xenophobes like her make me want to vomit.)

AnnieSaxon (another wonderful example of moronity): Yeah, unfortunately most of our members doesn't speak French!

DArtagnon (the dumbest of the dumb):
Threaten a guy with jail time if he doesn't talk, sure enough, he'll talk -- even if it means he has to make something up. Such testimony is about a reliable as that which is obtained via bribery or torture.

Best regards,

D'Artagnon (AKA stupidsmegmaeatingbeastophile#1)

bambi:
I agree DA, even if it was true, no court would accept this as "proof" since the accused was threatened. But in this mad cycling world, who knows what this will cause...
Klöden better speak up asap, otherwise he can bring the hole team down... We already lost Disco, I don't want to lose the new Astana too... (classic denial....classic!)

umwolverine: it's the salem witch trials, circa 2008 (when all else fails, pull out the completely hyperbolic (made that one up) and historically ignorant comparison)

I will lurk that thread for the next few days and pull out the juciest bits of the moronathon that should ensue. I will try to provide color commentary also, makes it more fun for me.

You know, the kicker is with the whole Kloden thing that IF the Paceline forum existed in 2005 and 2004, the whole crowd there would be cursing him and accusing him of doping as he was, in my view, a stronger opponent of Lance than Jan.
Funny how things turn around.

I think Andreas is damned talented but have been suprised that he has made it through all the flotsam from what was the T-Mobile team during the Lance years and 2006.

It's only logical that his time is up now. I wonder how long Bruyneel will stand by him.

hawkeye87 said:
It's only logical that his time is up now. I wonder how long Bruyneel will stand by him.
Bruyneel is going to throw him under the bus so fast it's going to be a blur.

hawkeye87 said:
You know, the kicker is with the whole Kloden thing that IF the Paceline forum existed in 2005 and 2004, the whole crowd there would be cursing him and accusing him of doping as he was, in my view, a stronger opponent of Lance than Jan.
Funny how things turn around.

Abso-frickin-lutely.

Remember Lance outsprinting Kloden on the mountain stage when FLandis couldn't pull off the stage win.