Stage 15 TDF :Lézat-sur-Lèze - Saint-Lary Soulan (Pla d'Adet) : Spoiler

I think Basso is showing himself a real top rider today. He's taken a jump up in my estimation. No shame in not being able to drop Armstrong, but he's shown an ability to put in some serious attacks today. This is getting interesting.... :eek:

Boogard is playing a blinder in that lead group : Vino's trying to latch on to JU.

Tonto said:
I think Basso is showing himself a real top rider today. He's taken a jump up in my estimation. No shame in not being able to drop Armstrong, but he's shown an ability to put in some serious attacks today. This is getting interesting.... :eek:

Basso is trying to put time in JU and to shake off LA.
Great move by Basso.

Vino ? One minute he's struggling, next he's trying to move up the stage field.
Amazing.

limerickman said:
Basso is trying to put time in JU and to shake off LA.
Great move by Basso.

Vino ? One minute he's struggling, next he's trying to move up the stage field.
Amazing.

Fantastic stuff....everyone giving it their all.

Did you hear Kelly earlier about how he changed from a sprinter to an all rounder and how it affected his sprint. Interesting stuff.

Tonto said:
Fantastic stuff....everyone giving it their all.

Did you hear Kelly earlier about how he changed from a sprinter to an all rounder and how it affected his sprint. Interesting stuff.

Yeah, it was really interesting to hear him talking.

(not to name drop, but I got to cycle with Sean Kelly a few weeks back on the Wicklow 200 on 12th June - really great privilege to cycle with the man).

limerickman said:
Yeah, it was really interesting to hear him talking.

(not to name drop, but I got to cycle with Sean Kelly a few weeks back on the Wicklow 200 on 12th June - really great privilege to cycle with the man).

You were on the Wicklow too! I saw Kelly at the stop in Rathdrum....just stood there a worshipped from a distance :D
You actually got to ride with him??

hey guys i was hoping if you could do some commentary... :)
i've been a huge fan of the tour for a while now but unfortunately the TDF coverage in the philippines has now been cut to those 30 minute recaps :(

thanks

cheapie said:
come on george! there's no better time for your first tdf win!!!
It will be so messed up if he wins... he used to be a sprinter! He is one of the nicest guys in the entire peloton... I am crossing my fingers!

cheapie said:
come on george! there's no better time for your first tdf win!!!

I'd put my house on it him winning the stage. Perreiro needed to drop him before the gradient eased off. It's going to be a sprint and there can only be one winner if that happens.

Tonto said:
I'd put my house on it him winning the stage. Perreiro needed to drop him before the gradient eased off. It's going to be a sprint and there can only be one winner if that happens.

COME ON GEORGE!!

wilmar13 said:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17:18 GEORGE HINCAPIE!!!! Unbelievable!!! The American is dazzled, raising his hands in holy-moly disbelief, snagging the 17th -- and greatest -- win of his career!!!!

roundsquare1 said:
17:18 GEORGE HINCAPIE!!!! Unbelievable!!! The American is dazzled, raising his hands in holy-moly disbelief, snagging the 17th -- and greatest -- win of his career!!!!

Unbelievable stuff. Perreiro tried so many times to drop him and just couldn't. At the end he didn't even bother zipping up his jacket, he knew he was beaten a couple of km's out.

Ullrich 1min 22 secs down on the stage to LA and Basso.
Rasmussen though managed to latch on - great recovery.
Ditto Mancebo.

Great win for Hincapie.

Tonto said:
Unbelievable stuff. Perreiro tried so many times to drop him and just couldn't. At the end he didn't even bother zipping up his jacket, he knew he was beaten a couple of km's out.

I'll take George over lance any day.

Hincapie's just been interviewed on Eurosport : very emotional (naturally) and has said this victory was totally unexpected, that he'd gone up to road to mark the breakaway with the intention of just staying there but when the gap got so wide, he was told that he could try to go for the win against Boogard, Pereiro.

Nice to see GH get a win in the TDF.

Laurent Borchard being interviewed now "I never thought I'd see GH win a TDF mountain stage".