Stage 20 TDF : Saint-Etienne ITT : Spoiler

OLNTV only shows stage win, yellow jersey. Ras' polka dot presentation not shown.

Therefore, DC's total haul at TdF:

Three individual stage wins (Savoldelli, Hincapie, LA)
One TTT win
Yellow
White

TM gets:

Two individual stage wins (Vino, Guerini)
Team win

peterlip said:
Warne's starting to take control, another one just fell. Hopefully he can wrap things up tonight, or early tomorrow. That way the cycling telecast will start earlier for us (I hope).

119-5, I see.
Warne's magic spell again ?

limerickman said:
119-5, I see.
Warne's magic spell again ?
Apparently the English claimed the other day that they had worked Warne out. Apparently not.

In other news, Vino had this to say after the TT.

VINO spoke to Eurosport afterwards: "I'm satisfied with my performance in this year's race. I won a stage at Briançon, but had some bad days too. I'll be back next year." Not for T-Mobile though... Most likely for Credit Agricole.

What a TT for Mancebo and Evans! Vino made a point in his contract negotiations with where ever he plans to move.

I thought Basso was good but not great. He won't want to lose that kind of time to Ullrich next year.

I know I just mentioned Lovkvist, but he just rode a great TT. Luke Roberts, too, was very good.

Poor Rasmussen. And even after all that he didn't finish so poorly. Leipheimer gets his fifth, Mancebo becomes a hot commodity for next year.

It should be remembered that Ullrich had overtaken Rasmussen's time before his first crash...... so he was g.o.n.e. gone already......

Did anyone see Frankie the overacting OLN American interview Bobby Jullich ?

He says to Jullich "Hey Bobby, tough day out there, were your watts and heartrate where you wanted it to be out there ?"

Bobby looking confused by the ridiculous overuse of technical terms that really have nothing to do with today's stage says.... "Frankie, what ? You know I'm way too old for that... I just rode the race !"

I feel sorry for you OLN viewers they can really overact !

jhuskey said:
Fantastic TT, I enjoyed it thoroughly except for Rasmussen's bad luck. No great surprises,but very entertaining.
Ok ,I am back to my usual routine now and will log more miles the next few weeks instead of just watching cycling.
Allez allez to me. :D

whiteboytrash said:
It should be remembered that Ullrich had overtaken Rasmussen's time beore his first crash...... so he was g.o.n.e. gone already......

He says to Jullich "Hey Bobby, tough day out there, were your watts and heartrate where you wanted it to be out there ?"

Bobby looking confused by the ridiculous overuse of technical terms that really have nothing to do with today's stage says.... "Frankie, what ? You know I'm way too old for that... I just rode the race !"

Wasnt Rasmussens first crash around the 3 minute mark of his ride????

whiteboytrash said:
It should be remembered that Ullrich had overtaken Rasmussen's time before his first crash...... so he was g.o.n.e. gone already......

Hah! Good for you Bobby!

thebluetrain said:

His bike skidded and he fell after three minutes.

Sean Kelly on Eurosport reckoned that MR was exhausted before the start today and that his fall was due to tiredness and what followed resulted.
An interesting perspective.

Again you haven't seen the entire coverage..... Ullrich had overtaken him on time just prior to the crash.... so it was all over.... Big Jan is going to pump so beers on Sunday night ! Without a doubt if he didn't crash the day before the Tour Jan would of beaten Lance by about eight minutes in this Tour.....

In the end Rasmussen looked as stupid as Taylor hamilton on a TT bike.... he looked very rough !

thebluetrain said:

whiteboytrash said:

What race were you watching????:D

16:26 CEST
Guerini's going ok...9th at the 40 km point.

Armstrong looks real fast at this stage.

Rasmussen's crash looked like a replay of Ullrich's fall in the final TT of 2003, although the roads are obviously dry today.

The German has already taken 0'47 seconds out of Rasmussen...some of this will be down to the fall, though.

Landis goes second behind Julich at the 17 km check.

His first crash was when he was going around one of those French roundabouts. He was too close to the RHS of the road, which was next to the middle area of the roundabout.

By then, it was pretty evident JU was going well, but I don't think JU had quite overtaken Ras. At lesat as of the first crash around the roundabout.

I wonder why he needed all those bike changes. The crashes can't account for all the bike changes.

Are the roundabouts in France anything other than French ? Like can you have an Italian roundabout in France ? You sound like a OLN interviewer ! Get you out on the Tour and you can ask the Discovery boys about ‘watts’, ‘cadence’ and other associated technical terms that you don’t understand…. What a winslow* you are !

* reference to Michael Winslow the overacting star from the Police Academy septology….

musette said:
His first crash was when he was going around one of those French roundabouts. He was too close to the RHS of the road, which was next to the middle area of the roundabout.

whiteboytrash said:
Are the roundabouts in France anything other than French ? Like can you have an Italian roundabout in France ? You sound like a OLN interviewer ! Get you out on the Tour and you can ask the Discovery boys about ‘watts’, ‘cadence’ and other associated technical terms that you don’t understand…. What a winslow* you are !

classic stuff - a french roundabout.

I've heard it all.

I wonder is that roundabout on the Irish roads, a french roundabout !

musette said:

By then, it was pretty evident JU was going well, but I don't think JU had quite overtaken Ras. At lesat as of the first crash around the roundabout.

I wonder why he needed all those bike changes. The crashes can't account for all the bike changes.
Please stop it! Ullrich would have taken back the 2:12 even if he didn't crash.
The bike changes were because the car only takes about 2 spare bikes so when they changed the bike for the first time, they didn't have time or couldn't repair the other bike and so the problems were still there on the bike.

If they used American roudabouts in France you would see more drive by shootings and gang land violance... thats why they stick with the French ones as they make the country safer.....

limerickman said:

I've heard it all.

I agree JU would have podiumed even without Ras crash. But at the time of the first crash, JU had not officially done that, in terms of time gain to Ras.

If you have visited France extensively, you would know that the frequency of those roundabouts is a certain way in France.

You two clowns are funny. The race is barely an hour old and you all are already starting with the insults. POOR SPORTS. Embarrasing. :D

whiteboytrash said:
If they used American roudabouts in France you would see more drive by shootings and gang land violance... thats why they stick with the French ones as they make the couIf they used American roudabouts in France you would see more drive by shootings and gang land violance... thats why they stick with the French ones as they make the country safer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by limerickman

I've heard it all.

ntry safer.....

musette said:
I agree JU would have podiumed even without Ras crash. But at the time of the first crash, JU had not officially done that, in terms of time gain to Ras.

If you have visited France extensively, you would know that the frequency of those roundabouts is a certain way in France.

Thanks for the guided tour rap about roundabouts.

Seems these french roundabout thingy's exist all over Europe and not just in France.

And they're just called roundabouts, by the way.
(they're there instead of traffic lights)

Very poor return of serve: If you check my several postings on helping others visiting the Tour (http://www.cyclingforums.com/t242650-ever-been-to-france-to-watch-the-tour-live-advice-needed.html) you will find that I have spent a lot of time there and a lot of it at the Tour..... since that you are such a connoisseur of roundabouts I thought it might be important for you to check the following URL to brush your skills up on roundabouts.... http://www.roundaboutsusa.com/

I still can't stop laughing ! French roundabouts !

musette said: