Tanjor Trailer

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ron Hardin, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Ron Hardin

    Ron Hardin Guest

    I assembled my new Tanjor Cargo trailer, a really nifty trailer, and pulled it around the block in
    the dark once, works great. I can't even tell it's there.

    The thing is designed for low air drag. Some warm day I will compare it to my old Burley for peak
    speed coasting down some hill.

    I used my Burley hitch, which fits right in the Tanjor tongue, getting the best of both worlds.
    Tanjor gives you $ off if you use your own hitch. Theirs is fine but Burley's is nicer and patented.

    The Doberman is suspicious of Tanjor but will hold a down-stay in it.

    The nice thing is that you can seal it up so the dog isn't in the winter wind for an hour, and has a
    nice view through the B-29 bombardier's windshield in front for her. Putting the dog in the cold
    wind was why I didn't use the Burley half the year. I got the conversion cover, which has a bug
    screen and windows you can roll back for any amount of ventilation.

    The trailer is pretty dog-shaped; if you got the kid version, they'd sit in tandem. The inside is
    furnished like a glider fuselage, pretty exactly.

    We'll go out on an excursion in the zero degree F weather tomorrow.

    It looks like a Lightman white strobe can be nicely fastened between two cover snaps with a piece of
    strap and its strap mount, which should give an altogether cool effect.

    No flag on this baby.

    http://www.lodrag.com/home.html is their home page.
    --
    Ron Hardin [email protected]

  2. Ron Hardin

    Ron Hardin Guest

    Oh, and a heavy-breathing dog fogs up the windshield bubble when it's ten degrees F and the trailer
    is closed up.

    The dog is heavy-breathing until she realizes it's not a hazard to be in this new trailer, and then
    she just rides.
    --
    Ron Hardin [email protected]

  3. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Ron Hardin <[email protected]> writes:

    > She also likes to ride in it open, without the cover, looking like a fighter pilot behind the
    > bubble windshield and cockpit, though it seems to me it ought to be awfully cold even with the
    > windshield shielding her.

    Maybe you can fix her up with leather flying helmet, goggles and scarf :)

    cheers, Tom