TdF/SBS Coverage

a5hi5m

New Member
Aug 22, 2005
Good news and bad news ... (still no G-codes dammit - do those things even work?)

http://www.sbs.com.au/whatson/index.php3?id=1277

Begins: Saturday 1 July
10.00pm AEST
(9.30pm NT/SA, 8.00pm WA)

SBS Television presents live coverage of every stage of the 2006 Tour de France from Saturday 1 July at 10:00pm AEST (9:30pm NT/SA, 8:00pm WA) along with a nightly half-hour highlights package at six from 2 July.

SBS Television’s Mike Tomalaris will host the COMPLETE LIVE SBS COVERAGE from start to finish of every stage of the 93rd Tour de France which includes a prologue and 20 stages covering a total distance of 3,600 kilometres

<snip>

Once again, this year’s coverage will feature Gabriel Gate’s Taste Le Tour

<snip>

would the TDF coverage be interruppted by football coverage or football coverage interuppted by TDF coverage, over that overlapping [weeks] time?

Looks like a case of many smashed TVs during the wee hours.... :p

Marx SS said:
would the TDF coverage be interruppted by football coverage or football coverage interuppted by TDF coverage, over that overlapping [weeks] time?

Looks like a case of many smashed TVs during the wee hours.... :p
Most of the stages look to be over before 2am (cycling during the day?), and I guess most of the games that are left to play will be afternoon/night games - and thus coverage will be later?

Ash

Marx SS said:
would the TDF coverage be interruppted by football coverage or football coverage interuppted by TDF coverage, over that overlapping [weeks] time?
Given that France & Germany are on the same time zone, and that the remaining games are at 8 or 9PM local time it seems unlikely.

Times for stage 8 (WC final day) are here. About a 2 hour gap between the latest expected end of the stage and the start of the SBS coverage of the final.

I always found the Gabriel Gate segments slightly amusing... except
when it was a particularly juicy mountain stage, with the riders
already into the good stuff, and Gabriel was poncing around dressed up
as his cousin the naughty French policeman... :rollseyes:

So hopefully, if the telecast is as described, then I won't mind
enjoying Gabriel in the knowledge that the stage is yet to start...

Cheers,
Abby

Absent Husband said:
So hopefully, if the telecast is as described, then I won't mind
enjoying Gabriel in the knowledge that the stage is yet to start...

Can just envisage whats gonna happen at our place, I'll start getting rowdy after a few bevvies, Bikesoiler will tell me to STFA & stop arguing with the telly. Then I'll probably settle down, sook for a little while & then watch the stage. Repeat for three weeks.. :eek:

a5hi5m wrote:
> Good news and bad news ... (still no G-codes dammit - do those things
> even work?)
>
> http://www.sbs.com.au/whatson/index.php3?id=1277
>
> Begins: Saturday 1 July
> 10.00pm AEST
> (9.30pm NT/SA, 8.00pm WA)
>
> SBS Television presents live coverage of every stage of the 2006 Tour
> de France from Saturday 1 July at 10:00pm AEST (9:30pm NT/SA, 8:00pm
> WA) along with a nightly half-hour highlights package at six from 2
> July.
>
> SBS Television's Mike Tomalaris will host the *COMPLETE LIVE SBS
> COVERAGE from start to finish of every stage* of the 93rd Tour de
> France which includes a prologue and 20 stages covering a total
> distance of 3,600 kilometres
>
> <snip>
>
> Once again, this year's coverage will feature Gabriel Gate's Taste Le
> Tour
>
> <snip>
>

> --
> a5hi5m

8pm WA FANTASTIC!!!!!!
Time to see the Gabriel Gate regurgitation that all the t'othersiders
winge about, we didnt get it here in the west, our live coverage
started at 10pm and was on delay.

We usually went to a Fremantle Bikeshop and watched with a bunch of
other obsessives on a sat feed from Sarth Efrika, "Lawnce is reeeelly
roiding hawd now."

The concerns are for sbs world news at 21.30 and the coverage of der
fussball von Deutschland. There are seven matches from Sat July 1, but
the kick offs appear to be much later than the finish of each stage, so
I get my cycling fix and my football fix also, sleep deprivation is
cheaper than drugs, and a really good interrogation technique.

World Cup final 10 July 2006 Monday morning 02.00 wst

a5hi5m wrote:
> Good news and bad news ... (still no G-codes dammit - do those things
> even work?)

Not very well. G-codes do not record a show, they record a timeslot on a
station. So if you plug in the G-code for any show on any commercial station
in the evening, when they always run 5 mins late, you will miss the last
five minutes of your show.

Missing the last five minutes of every TdF stage would be ..... well ....
annoying!

Theo

In article <[email protected]>,
"Theo Bekkers" <[email protected]> wrote:

> So if you plug in the G-code for any show on any commercial station
> in the evening, when they always run 5 mins late, you will miss the last
> five minutes of your show.

First, you avoid commercial stations. Second, some recorders have a
setting where you tell them to record an extra x minutes each time.
Makes G-code quite usable.

--
Shane Stanley

On 2006-06-28, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)

> Absent Husband Wrote:
>>
>> So hopefully, if the telecast is as described, then I won't mind
>> enjoying Gabriel in the knowledge that the stage is yet to start...

> Can just envisage whats gonna happen at our place, I'll start getting
> rowdy after a few bevvies, Bikesoiler will tell me to STFA & stop
> arguing with the telly. Then I'll probably settle down, sook for a
> little while & then watch the stage. Repeat for three weeks.. :eek:

I can picture you doing this exactly :)

Any opening stage gatherings at people's houses? Last year at this
time, I was at a conference in Sydney. The only night I went to bed
before the stage was over was the night before I had to give my talk.

--
TimC
Entropy requires no maintenance. -- Markoff Chaney

TimC wrote:
> On 2006-06-28, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
>
>>Absent Husband Wrote:
>>
>>>So hopefully, if the telecast is as described, then I won't mind
>>>enjoying Gabriel in the knowledge that the stage is yet to start...

>>Can just envisage whats gonna happen at our place, I'll start getting
>>rowdy after a few bevvies, Bikesoiler will tell me to STFA & stop
>>arguing with the telly. Then I'll probably settle down, sook for a
>>little while & then watch the stage. Repeat for three weeks.. :eek:

> I can picture you doing this exactly :)
>
> Any opening stage gatherings at people's houses? Last year at this
> time, I was at a conference in Sydney. The only night I went to bed
> before the stage was over was the night before I had to give my talk.

Hmmmmmmm phhhhhh The trouble is we have so little room.

cfsmtb wrote:

> Absent Husband Wrote:
> >
> > So hopefully, if the telecast is as described, then I won't mind
> > enjoying Gabriel in the knowledge that the stage is yet to start...

> Can just envisage whats gonna happen at our place, I'll start getting
> rowdy after a few bevvies, Bikesoiler will tell me to STFA & stop
> arguing with the telly. Then I'll probably settle down, sook for a
> little while & then watch the stage. Repeat for three weeks.. :eek:

This will scare you...

In the absence of my better half (who is off to France), I have sought
out company for the TdF sessions... in the form of Lotte. We will eat
food, drink wine, ride bikes (on the trainers of course) and generally
be very scary.

Rumour has it that Paulie-AU is doing everything in his power to get out
of the house during this period...

Tam

Tamyka Bell said:
Rumour has it that Paulie-AU is doing everything in his power to get out
of the house during this period...

I'll place a wager on you two synching within three weeks.

Tamyka Bell wrote:
> This will scare you...
>
> In the absence of my better half (who is off to France), I have sought
> out company for the TdF sessions... in the form of Lotte. We will eat
> food, drink wine, ride bikes (on the trainers of course) and generally
> be very scary.
>
> Rumour has it that Paulie-AU is doing everything in his power to get out
> of the house during this period...
>
> Tam

I'm sure neither of you look like this but it was the first image that
came to mind with that post.

http://flickr.com/photos/22133260@N00/176782850/

daveB

Tamyka Bell wrote:

> This will scare you...
>
> In the absence of my better half (who is off to France), I have sought
> out company for the TdF sessions... in the form of Lotte. We will eat
> food, drink wine, ride bikes (on the trainers of course) and generally
> be very scary.
>
> Rumour has it that Paulie-AU is doing everything in his power to get out
> of the house during this period...
>
> Tam

Wot's so scary about that?

cfsmtb wrote:
> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> >
> > Rumour has it that Paulie-AU is doing everything in his power to get
> > out
> > of the house during this period...

> I'll place a wager on you two synching within three weeks.
>

> --
> cfsmtb

Yucky girl germs!!! Eeeewww ... that carbonara I had for lunch isn't
sitting too well atm

:p

gplama wrote:
> cfsmtb Wrote:
>
>>I'll place a wager on you two synching within three weeks.

> ooohhh jeeeezz.. C'mon Daveb, lets see you post a flicker image for
> that one!! :D

What's the internet version of sticking your fingers in your ears and
chanting "I can't hear you, I can't hear you".

DaveB