Team Planet X Masters Seeks Riders

ttracer

Feb 11, 2007
Planet X Bikes (North America) have expanded their support of racing for 2007 and seek resumes for Team Planet X Masters.

Team Planet X Masters is a USA Cycling Masters Team focused on time trial and track racing. The team will have a total of 10 members. Members will be required to race exclusively on Planet X bikes (you do not currently have to own a PX bike). This will be a well supported factory team.

In addition to myself, four others have now joined the team:

Co-Captain is Eric Manuel an elite level track racer in Southrn California. Eric has many national track goals, but of particular note is his main goal of a top 10 finish at the 2008 US Olympic Trials.

Tevor Williams of Calgary, Alberta. Trev is a road and track cyclist as well as a triathlete. He is the 2006 Alberta Masters Road Cycling Champion.

Dr. Andrew Coggan, the Father of Power Training, Andy is also an elite track and road cyclist. One of his goals is the 50-54 age group World Hour Record in 2009.

Maj. Troy Heineman. Troy is in the Dept. of Military Science at the Univ. of Wisc.-Madison. Troy races both road and MTB and is a 3 time US Armed Forces European MTB Champion, 2 time US Armed Forces European Cycling Champion and has been both Road and Time Trial Champion of the Army.

We are talking with a few other riders, but there are probably still 3 spots open. You should be a serious racer, with strong results, influential in your area and committed to building a top masters team and Planet X brand recognition. Send me your resume and a statement of why you should be in the select group picked for Team Planet X Masters. You can send me your stuff at: [email protected]

It's great to have the exciting opportunity to Captain Team Planet X, and to help take the Planet X brand and support of the racing athlete to new levels. Watch for an announcement of the members of Team Planet X Masters soon.

Cheers,
Ric Gordon
Captain, Team Planet X Masters
[email protected]