Ullrich and Grandfondo USA

Now that's the place for a grandfondo. Oh, yes. If there were ever a place that provided the well rounded cycling challenge, it's got to be Miami. Riders' noses will be put to the stone when they're confronted with the giant climb of the day, that 50ft rise over the course of 3 miles, a punishing 0.3%

Correction, alienator. We in Miami have a giant, seventy five foot rise or so,
the William Powell Bridge. It's like the Mount Everest of Miami, but without snow,
unless you look for crack rock envelopes and dollar bills made into straws
and busted, Corona beer bottles,glittering shards
in the tropical sunshine of our Magic City of Dreams.

Maybe you are right. The rise of the Powell is not very much, but it is fully four percent.

Sherlock Holmes was fond of a seven percent solution.

I'll try and find out more details on this trip Lim. Maybe he would like to ride some in the Smokies.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

I'll try and find out more details on this trip Lim. Maybe he would like to ride some in the Smokies.
I'd certainly want to ride with Jan, even if it was only for a few seconds in a granfondo.

I'my glad Jan is doing this, and I hope many show up to ride with him. As cycling tries to kill the scourge of doping, so many are being hurt and treated unfairly. I think Jan is one. I don't know if he did or didn't do what he's alleged to have done. I do know he hasn't been convicted, and I know many other cyclists have suffered his fate unjustly. The worst aspect of all this is is that these guys and gals are only humans, some of them making mistakes and poor decisions. If they're found guilty, they should be penalized, but they shouldn't have to wear a millstone about their necks for the rest of their lives.

Hell, I shouldn't have even brought up the doping. Chapeaux, Jan, and chapeaux to all those that have and will ride with him.

I am trying to find out if he is going to California after Florida. He may be doing several in the series of races in the US.

Jan is apparently going to be involved with several of these races including one he is doing in Germany.

Originally Posted by jhuskey .

Jan is apparently going to be involved with several of these races including one he is doing in Germany.

Nice one.

Bring him up for a spin to the Smokies JH.
Couple of nice pipe openers in that part of the world one imagines.

These type of events are great fun.

I was fortunate enough to ride this year with Greg Lemond who does a charity cycle over here every July.
This year Sean kelly turned up for the event and it was great to see these two great cyclists spinning along with the rest of us watercarriers!