upgrading my super six

"...all I can say is ride on."

And on and on! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Sunshine and tailwinds to all!

Originally Posted by danfoz .

+1 on the latex inny recommendation. I'm using the Vittoria tubes. It's important to make sure they are mounted properly and not creeping into the space between the rim and tire before inflating as they seem to seek out every nook and cranny in the tire bed, and if you ride for spells longer than 9-10 hours you may want to top off the pressure as they do bleed air more quickly and most certainly require daily re-inflation.
Ok thanks

Happy fathers day gentle men, u know who u are. My wife and babies bought me these for father's day. And i most say these are the most comfortable shoe. These things hug my foot like wow! love them.

CAMPYBOB said:
I never owned a Hetchins or their moronic vibrant stays or goofy Hellenic layouts, but I did purchase a W. F. Holdsworthy in London. It was custom made to measure for me and equipped with Campy components. In my dealings with the company by mail and in person the words "Campag" or "Campa" were never uttered or typed.  It was Campagnolo or it was Campy. . I have no doubt certain types use the terms. Much like communists use the term "progressives" and "trade unionists". Here's your English website link: http://www.[COLOR=FF0000]campy[/COLOR]oldy.co.uk/ They reside somewhere on that small island just off the continent of yuroland: [COLOR=0000FF]10 CULVERHAYES PLACE ° WIMBORNE ° DORSET ° BH21 1HA [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]UNITED KINGDOM[/COLOR] Maybe you can google up a Campag only? Perhaps a Latin version the Romans once used? At any rate it's nice to see you keeping up your purse-swinging post count...even if it is non-consecutive.
The only abbreviation I ever heard for Campagnolo in England was Campag. I only lived there for 30 years and raced for over a decade so what would i know? No letter y at all - a bit like Holdsworth and not Holdsworthy. The first time I saw it mentioned as Campy was in Winning magazine in an ad for some place that sold Shimano for about 50% less that we could get it for but Campag Stateside seemed to be 50% more. In Italy they just said Campagnolo in a way that'd charm the panties of most ladies. Given that at the time I started buying "better stuff" Campag couldn't figure out indexed shifting to save their lives (syncro was a joke) and Hinault was left skipping gears up Superbagneres you figured that things would get better on the Record group set front the following year. Then they came out with Delta brakes and boat anchor clipless pedals with swivley bits and we all wondered what the heck was going on. Meanwhile Shimano brought out 7402 Dura Ace and we drooled over that instead. Even 600ex SIS shifted better than the Record groupset of the day. Stopped better too. The only saving grace was the c record chainset - that was nice and a few years later the Shamal wheels - those were ace. With access to more vials of EPO that Amgen, guys like Berzin proved you could ride uphill on them and still be fast! I did have some "Chrotchet Dawney" (say that with your best Wallace and Grommet accent) delta brakes on my time trial bike to match the styling of the Shamals. Given that you really didn't need to jam the anchors on hard at most english time trials they sufficed but I did get an idea of what captains of supertankers have to go through when stopping at port. Some grouchy guy needs to learn how to set up Shimano indexed gears to work properly, like the rest of the planet can. My 10 year old daughter can do it, maybe that says something about someone's mad(but not for campy) wrenching skillz ;)

"No letter y at all - a bit like Holdsworth and not Holdsworthy."

The original company formed a subsidiary, Holdsworthy Factoring, which built W.F. Holdsworth bicycles and wholesaled British-made parts and those it began importing from the continent.

FWIW, my made-to-order 1975 Holdsworth 531 tourer (picked up at the shop in London before heading south for the coast) was an excellent bike.

Meh...no wonder we threw tea in Boston Harbor and kicked your asses back to Merry Olde (with the ghetto 'E'!)! You dummies and your warm beer can't even figure out which side of the road is the wrong side to drive on. And you money looks funny!

"Then they came out with Delta brakes and boat anchor clipless pedals with swivley bits and we all wondered what the heck was going on."

Hey, hey, hey! Those SGR pedals, boat anchors that they were, were probably the best clipless pedal of the era. I think I have about dozen pair. Comfortable, secure, adjustable, great bearings, user serviceable, greaseable, good looking...and...uh...built like a tank! That pivot plate was a stroke of stainless steel genius! Dial-a-float!

Why do you think Synchro could be flipped to friction? Just in case you hated listening to a ratcheting chain! Duh!

Originally Posted by swampy1970 .

The only abbreviation I ever heard for Campagnolo in England was Campag. I only lived there for 30 years and raced for over a decade so what would i know?
Actually, 30~40yrs ago, Campag was the only only abbreviation I ever heard for Campagnolo in Australia, but then Shimano didn't even exist in the 70's /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Also, back then we used to call a cassette a cluster and a seat a seat /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

thanks KL /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

149.21 miles!

I bought a new motorcycle and had the dealer swap carbs, pipes, seat, tires and controls before leaving the dealership.

Originally Posted by doctorold .

Going back to the original post of this thread.....did I really understand that he wanted to upgrade his components after only 149 miles?
Yes if i have the money to spend and i do. What is wrong with upgrading at 149mi? I only want the best experience when i am out riding, so i can enjoy my bike to the fullest. And 1600mi later i am happy to report that my bike as been amazing. I really enjoy riding my bike Wow! So for me its money well spent. At the moment i am doing a 135mi per week on my mike, every time i get on my bike and ride it puts a smile on my face. And for that its worth every penny and more. the RETUL fitting was the most important of the investment though. It really brings me and my bike together, its awesome.

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB .

149.21 miles!

I bought a new motorcycle and had the dealer swap carbs, pipes, seat, tires and controls before leaving the dealership.
Of corse fuel injected is the way to go, i would change the carbs too. burns less gas and its more efficient faster as well, more tunable. I am taking this beast out later going to pick the wife up from work. head to church, then to bike night by the race track. to take my modified 1000cc down the 1/4mi a couple of time hopefully i will get it to the mid 8sec this time.

Upgrade at will! But to me, 149 miles is brand new. Why bother buying a bike with those components if you're simply going to change them out. Why not buy a bike with better componentry in the first place, unless you simply got the bike for a steal.

Originally Posted by doctorold .

Upgrade at will! But to me, 149 miles is brand new. Why bother buying a bike with those components if you're simply going to change them out. Why not buy a bike with better componentry in the first place, unless you simply got the bike for a steal.
Yes Sir the price was to good to pass up. How does $1499 sounds to you? originally $2200. came equip with APEX group and SHIMANO RS10 wheels. The day i pick the bike up one of the guys at the shop went in the back and came out with a brand new set of 2012 KYSRIUM ELITE'S which they gave me the wheels for $400. they also gave me a great deal on the FORCE FD & RD and RED crank, still have the APEX shifters though. my LBS said i didn't have to change them so i didn't. And they work very well with the FORCE RD & FD. Cant tell the difference in feel and shifting with the FORCE & RIVAL equip bikes i have tested. The RED felt a little snappier though in the right shifter almost instant shifting feel. So in the future i might get the red shifters. Also got a great deal on a GARMIN 500 with the heart monitor, speed & cadence sensor. After all i came out pretty good i must say, with everything my bike came out to be $2624 and change.

Why are you doing this? You should have just bought a higher end Super Six. Components gain you seconds, if that. Hard work gains minutes.

Originally Posted by dbackmtg .

Why are you doing this? You should have just bought a higher end Super Six. Components gain you seconds, if that. Hard work gains minutes.
Lets see the higher end one was like $3500 at the time. its all good i am happy with my purchase. And thats all that matters/img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif

Originally Posted by o1silver4 .

Lets see the higher end one was like $3500 at the time. its all good i am happy with my purchase. And thats all that matters/img/vbsmilies/smilies/icon14.gif
Are you referring then to the EVO Hi-Mod carbon frame bike? But that starts at $4450. The highest priced Supersix on Cannondale's website is the Supersix 3 Ultegra for $3350.