v brakes..Shimano LX or Avid 7's?

Jtronix

Jan 5, 2005
I have a bike I want to upgrade the brakes on. The hubs are not disc compatable, and I can't afford to buy brakes and wheels. So I've pretty much narrowed my choice to the 2 mentioned. Should I pay the extra $30 to buy the avids or go with the SHimano LX. (I'm replacing brakes and levers).

Avids. You can't beat em. And I LOVE my levers. This is one rider who will NEVER switch to the new RapidFire **** shimaNO is putting out. I despise Shimanos brake systems. One came stock on my bike.

Jtronix said:
I have a bike I want to upgrade the brakes on. The hubs are not disc compatable, and I can't afford to buy brakes and wheels. So I've pretty much narrowed my choice to the 2 mentioned. Should I pay the extra $30 to buy the avids or go with the SHimano LX. (I'm replacing brakes and levers).

Do the current shimano LXs ahve the parralell push mechanism that the original XT V brakes had?

If so i'd get a pair of those, or get a pair of retro XT Vs from 1997, they were sweet!

Duckwah said:
Do the current shimano LXs ahve the parralell push mechanism that the original XT V brakes had?

If so i'd get a pair of those, or get a pair of retro XT Vs from 1997, they were sweet!
New version of LX's have the parallel push, but the old version is much cheaper.