Value of secondhand Colnago Dream

Jake15

Nov 20, 2005
Due to my limited knowledge, I was wondering if anyone could give me a fair estimate of the value of a used Colnago Dream Lux (not sure of the year, probably 2002 or 2003) which is in very good condition:

7.9kg
Columbus Airplane 7005 Aluminium Airplane Pro-Racing Set Frame.
Mavic Ksyrium Elite Wheels
Veloflex Black 23mm Lightweight Tyres
Specialized Avatar Saddle 143mm Gel Cro-Mo Hollow rails
Shimano Ultegra group-set
9 speed
Shimano Dura-Ace chain
Main Chainring: 52
Deda Elementi bars
Colnago aluminium stem
Colnago carbon seat post
Time RXE pedals & cleats
Sigma BC1600 computer with cadence option

It has no damage except for a few minor paint chips and has done approx. 5000km.

Any help would be appreciated

Jake15 said:
Due to my limited knowledge, I was wondering if anyone could give me a fair estimate of the value of a used Colnago Dream Lux (not sure of the year, probably 2002 or 2003) which is in very good condition:

7.9kg
Columbus Airplane 7005 Aluminium Airplane Pro-Racing Set Frame.
Mavic Ksyrium Elite Wheels
Veloflex Black 23mm Lightweight Tyres
Specialized Avatar Saddle 143mm Gel Cro-Mo Hollow rails
Shimano Ultegra group-set
9 speed
Shimano Dura-Ace chain
Main Chainring: 52
Deda Elementi bars
Colnago aluminium stem
Colnago carbon seat post
Time RXE pedals & cleats
Sigma BC1600 computer with cadence option

It has no damage except for a few minor paint chips and has done approx. 5000km.

Any help would be appreciated
FWIW. I reckon the USED value is between $900US (£475) & $1500 (£800) ...

That's a broad range because of a couple of factors ... including the inclusion OR lack of carbon stays (as noted).

BUT, more important to you is the SIZE and (as trivial as it may sound) the paint scheme -- honestly, some of those Colnago paint options are fugly unless you are in the middle of an artificially induced stupor.

Here's the break down, as I see it:

* used 9-speed Ultegra group ... $325US
* used Colnago Dream frame & fork (Flash? Add ~$100 for a Force fork ... deduct $100 for most OTHER forks) ... $800US
* used wheelset ... ~$200US
* OTHER "stuff" ... $100US

Is the handlebar width & contour what you prefer to use?

The pedals are meaningless if that's not what you prefer to use ... same with the saddle, etc. -- that is, you would have to replace them.

You know, the owner/seller payed the VAT when he bought the bike, but that doesn't mean you have to!

Thanks for your replies guys. It has carbon flash forks.

alfeng said:
FWIW. I reckon the USED value is between $900US (£475) & $1500 (£800) ...

That's a broad range because of a couple of factors ... including the inclusion OR lack of carbon stays (as noted).

BUT, more important to you is the SIZE and (as trivial as it may sound) the paint scheme -- honestly, some of those Colnago paint options are fugly unless you are in the middle of an artificially induced stupor.

Here's the break down, as I see it:

* used 9-speed Ultegra group ... $325US
* used Colnago Dream frame & fork (Flash? Add ~$100 for a Force fork ... deduct $100 for most OTHER forks) ... $800US
* used wheelset ... ~$200US
* OTHER "stuff" ... $100US

Is the handlebar width & contour what you prefer to use?

The pedals are meaningless if that's not what you prefer to use ... same with the saddle, etc. -- that is, you would have to replace them.

You know, the owner/seller payed the VAT when he bought the bike, but that doesn't mean you have to!