Was There A Time That You Want to Quit Cycling?

As I was telling a few other posters my love of the sport has started to drop in recent times. The drugs scandals are a factor, but I realise too that I age is starting to become a factor.

The amount of effort to try to regain/retain/maintain fitness requires more and more effort. The effort required is showing less and less return
crying.png

What used to be no effort at all now requires an effort.

Having said that I will probably keep pedalling and hopefully I will rediscover my enthusiasm for cycling.

Try drugs, Lim! It worked for Lance, Dave LeDuc and thousands of others!

I'm over 60 and I'm soon going to be turning to modern medical science to keep me going!

It may not be our finest hour...

but, never, ever surrender!

Originally Posted by CAMPYBOB
Try drugs, Lim! It worked for Lance, Dave LeDuc and thousands of others!

I'm over 60 and I'm soon going to be turning to modern medical science to keep me going!

It may not be our finest hour...

but, never, ever surrender!
Winnie wasn't a great cyclist.

Neither am I!

None the less, repeat after me...

I shall defend my conditioning, whatever the cost of the carbon may be, I shall sprint on the beaches, I shall time trial across on the flat lands, I shall echelon in the fields and corner hard in the streets, I shall rock my bike up the hills; I shall never surrender!

I love it. It feels so good to ride.The movement and being outside. It is such an easy thing to do I just don't see a reason to stop. I think because it reminds me of childhood. It is always said that it's good to do the same things you did like this when you were young. It makes a really great energy for you.

I've never wanted to quit. Sometimes I can't seem to drag my lazy butt out of bed to go for a ride, though. I will admit to that.

I had not put much time for cycling actually. So I am still nowhere near quitting. If ever I will focus on this activity I still think that I will appreciate it more. Once it has become a part of my lifestyle I know it will be hard for me to ignore and forget about it and much worse think about quitting. I just need to find time to go out more and ride. This is like a therapy for me now.

No, there was never such a time that I wanted to quit cycling. On the contrary the older I am the more passionate about my hobby I stay.

Trust me, I think about quitting a lot in the winter months when the weather is awful, but I usually manage to get through it until the summer comes again, and then I remember why I do it, and just how wonderful it can be when you get to cycle all of the time. I can't just cycle in the summer and leave it in the winter, though, because I would find that my fitness levels fell far too low and it would take me too much time to get back into it again. So I need to be careful and carry on with it, but I know that I am doing it because I love it, and it is that thought that continues to get me through the pain of the winter.