Weird Bicycle Photo

copwatch

Oct 22, 2004
This guy should be arrested for "abuse of a bicycle"

http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1020/3835398.jpg

PHUKET, Thailand -- A devotee to the Chinese Shrine of Jui Tui in Phuket, Thailand, has his face pierced by a bicycle and helped by others as he takes part in the annual Vegetarian Festival. Ritual Vegetarianism in Phuket traces it roots back to the early 1800's. The festival begins on the first evening of the ninth lunar month and lasts for nine days. Participants in the festival perform acts of body piercing as a means of shifting evil spirits from individuals onto themselves. (10/20/04 AP photo)

thanks. just what I needed during breakfast. yuk

copwatch said:
This guy should be arrested for "abuse of a bicycle"

http://images.ibsys.com/2004/1020/3835398.jpg

PHUKET, Thailand -- A devotee to the Chinese Shrine of Jui Tui in Phuket, Thailand, has his face pierced by a bicycle and helped by others as he takes part in the annual Vegetarian Festival. Ritual Vegetarianism in Phuket traces it roots back to the early 1800's. The festival begins on the first evening of the ninth lunar month and lasts for nine days. Participants in the festival perform acts of body piercing as a means of shifting evil spirits from individuals onto themselves. (10/20/04 AP photo)

Sick! Velogal's right......I've seen little tiny gold and silver bikes hanging from women's earlobes, even a feller's once, but that there is nuts!

Sure would be funny to see that guy being dragged along by his face if someone decided to steal his bike! :D

sick sick sick... do gods even care if u pearce yourself with a bicycle ... :)

Ya know. After giving this a little more thought. I guess it would be hard to come up with a more secure bicycle lock.

Look at it closely.
He's not so tough.
He stripped the components off to make it lighter.:)
I'll bet LA could do that with a touring bike with loaded panniers!
Merckx probably did the same thing, and road up the Alp d'Huez for training!
Now that's tough.

:)

Now how could you get the top tube through your cheek- the ends of the top-tube are attached at the head tube and the seat tube. Obviously this is a hoax. They cut the frame and slid his cheek into the slot.

Big deal.

TD

tyler_derden said:
Now how could you get the top tube through your cheek- the ends of the top-tube are attached at the head tube and the seat tube. Obviously this is a hoax. They cut the frame and slid his cheek into the slot.

Big deal.

TD
I think the cuts are at the ends, where the orange fabric is tyed (holding the top-tube together)...thats still a pretty big hole in the cheek if so

Body piercing for evil spirits and getting arrested for bike abuse. Hmmm sounds like a rave. Oh its a vegetarian festival now that makes sense. Lol