Well, this sucks.

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Eric S. Sande, Jan 25, 2003.

  1. Winds howling across the tundra, man I thought I was in the South.

    Gentle breezes and magnolias in bloom, that's what I signed up for.

    Not.

    This is some serious winter action, I mean it is cold enough to freeze the tits off of a
    brass witch.

    I'm working my way up 15th Street and my freaking water bottle is a block of ice, no kidding. It's
    so cold that my tires make a little scraping sound as they hit the salt crystals.

    I'm not a timid rider but I've had it with this winter, I'm not bailing out but I am complaining to
    management.

    And this El Nino thing can kiss my ass, I'd like to say that if I had any control over it I'd shut
    it down pronto.

    However this has been an excellent riding winter so far, I am well and I hope you are also.

    the Texas Elvis"------------------

  2. Terry Rudd

    Terry Rudd Guest

    Eric,

    Eric S. Sande wrote:
    > Winds howling across the tundra, man I thought I was in the South.
    >
    > Gentle breezes and magnolias in bloom, that's what I signed up for.
    >
    > Not.
    >
    > This is some serious winter action, I mean it is cold enough to freeze the tits off of a
    > brass witch.
    >
    > I'm working my way up 15th Street and my freaking water bottle is a block of ice, no kidding. It's
    > so cold that my tires make a little scraping sound as they hit the salt crystals.
    >
    > I'm not a timid rider but I've had it with this winter, I'm not bailing out but I am complaining
    > to management.

    Hazard pay is not unreasonable.

    > And this El Nino thing can kiss my ass, I'd like to say that if I had any control over it I'd shut
    > it down pronto.

    So would we in Colorado! But of course, we would spin it up!!

    > However this has been an excellent riding winter so far, I am well and I hope you are also.

    So the sick greedy part of me is totally aligned with you but the "plan for the future part of me
    leave me worreid that our elected leaders still have NO clue and that the US moves by ebb and flows
    rather than intelligent design.

    Terry

  3. Sec

    Sec Guest

    On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 02:44:40 -0500, "Eric S. Sande" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Winds howling across the tundra, man I thought I was in the South.
    >
    >Gentle breezes and magnolias in bloom, that's what I signed up for.
    >
    >Not.

    Shaddup! :) It is currently -20C (-35C with wind chill) here. That's -4F and -13F respectively. So
    stop yer belly-achin'! ;)

  4. I rode 22 miles yesterday in Wisconsin. 14deg 10mph wind. Yes, my water bottle was a block of
    ice.... So were my toes.

    "Eric S. Sande" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Winds howling across the tundra, man I thought I was in the South.
    >
    > Gentle breezes and magnolias in bloom, that's what I signed up for.
    >
    > Not.
    >
    > This is some serious winter action, I mean it is cold enough to freeze the tits off of a
    > brass witch.
    >
    > I'm working my way up 15th Street and my freaking water bottle is a block of ice, no kidding. It's
    > so cold that my tires make a little scraping sound as they hit the salt crystals.
    >
    > I'm not a timid rider but I've had it with this winter, I'm not bailing out but I am complaining
    > to management.
    >
    > And this El Nino thing can kiss my ass, I'd like to say that if I had any control over it I'd shut
    > it down pronto.
    >
    > However this has been an excellent riding winter so far, I am well and I hope you are also.
    >
    > --
    >
    > _______________________ALL AMIGA IN MY MIND_______________________ ------------------"Buddy Holly,
    > the Texas Elvis"------------------
    > __________306.350.357.38>>[email protected]__________

  5. Tom Keats

    Tom Keats Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (sec) writes:
    > On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 02:44:40 -0500, "Eric S. Sande" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Winds howling across the tundra, man I thought I was in the South.
    >>
    >>Gentle breezes and magnolias in bloom, that's what I signed up for.
    >>
    >>Not.
    >

    > Shaddup! :) It is currently -20C (-35C with wind chill) here. That's -4F and -13F respectively. So
    > stop yer belly-achin'! ;)

    I guess it's sneakin' up on maple syrup time at your end of the continent. I'm looking forward to
    cherry blossom blizzards. Cactus league baseball will be starting up in no time. The days are
    finally getting noticably longer -- or, at least, sun-up is getting noticably earlier. We're not
    into the dog days yet (nor even the windy days of March), but at least time is moving in the right
    direction. All the usual harbingers of Spring are lurking just around the corner.

    Actually, I've been hoping for a nice, stormy day to fix up a batch of clam chowder. The worse the
    weather, the better for cooking some certain things. Speaking of which ... happy Robert Burns Day,
    everybody!

    cheers & eternal optimism, Tom