Whats new with Ullrich?

limerickman said:
In respect of JU - you've got to remember his father (his estranged father) was a world class speed skater.

Hello,
havent heard about this before. Have you got any more info?

jhuskey said:
Similar to the sensation I get when I flush the commode.
You did (flush..)?

I spoke with Peter Cleiß (the author of the book about the treatment of Ullrich by the German media, the code of ethics and it's danger for society) today. I will try to fix a meeting in two weeks as I will be a lot in Austria and the south of Germany for video projects.

Cleiß wrote in detail how German cycling and main parts of the media are depending on advertising money from TM...

In Bild on Tuesday Ullrich maintained he did nothing wrong but refused to deny that he had any contact with Fuentes..... explain ?

cyclingheroes said:
You did (flush..)?

I spoke with Peter Cleiß (the author of the book about the treatment of Ullrich by the German media, the code of ethics and it's danger for society) today. I will try to fix a meeting in two weeks as I will be a lot in Austria and the south of Germany for video projects.

Cleiß wrote in detail how German cycling and main parts of the media are depending on advertising money from TM...

whiteboytrash said:
In Bild on Tuesday Ullrich maintained he did nothing wrong but refused to deny that he had any contact with Fuentes..... explain ?
His lawyers will have told him. ItÄs to dangerous. Fuentes was Kelme team doctor for several years. Any day a pic could turn up where he and Fuentes are on a pic during the Vuelta Murci, Tour de France or whatever. At cyclingnews i am on a pic with Hushovd (Paris-Tours 2006), Hushovd does not know me, although he spoke a few words in my mic at different occations. Ask Thorsten if he knows me, he will tell you no. His lawyers will have told him about this possible danger. Ullrich will also have told him that he does not exactly know who is doing what in the great circus called pro cycling. Ask Heinrich (TM team doctor), he might know if (!) and when yes.. what happened.

cyclingheroes said:
His lawyers will have told him. ItÄs to dangerous. Fuentes was Kelme team doctor for several years. Any day a pic could turn up where he and Fuentes are on a pic during the Vuelta Murci, Tour de France or whatever. At cyclingnews i am on a pic with Hushovd (Paris-Tours 2006), Hushovd does not know me, although he spoke a few words in my mic at different occations. Ask Thorsten if he knows me, he will tell you no. His lawyers will have told him about this possible danger. Ullrich will also have told him that he does not exactly know who is doing what in the great circus called pro cycling. Ask Heinrich (TM team doctor), he might know if (!) and when yes.. what happened.

He has been advised that he can make no public comment in regards to allegations as long as an investigation is in process.
Normally this being anything outside what has been officially documented as a response.
I do however find fault in the way Jan's PR people have advised him in the last few months.
I think it could have been handled better for him

Any news about the investigation in Spain against those accused of forging the OP documents?

alibat said:
Any news about the investigation in Spain against those accused of forging the OP documents?
According to ABC the UCI has acces to all Puerto material of the court by their legal representative which is the Spanish federation, their lawyers are also allowed to ask questions to the accused, but... it still is unclear if the UCI have the right to use the material to punish riders :
http://www.abc.es/20070302/deportes-ciclismo/accede-todo-material-operacion_200703020257.html

cyclingheroes said:
According to ABC the UCI has acces to all Puerto material of the court by their legal representative which is the Spanish federation, their lawyers are also allowed to ask questions to the accused, but... it still is unclear if the UCI have the right to use the material to punish riders :
http://www.abc.es/20070302/deportes-ciclismo/accede-todo-material-operacion_200703020257.html
Sorry if I wasn't clear, but what I meant to ask about was the investigation into some of the original Spainish investigators who had been accused of falsifying the documents. Any news on that front?

alibat said:
Sorry if I wasn't clear, but what I meant to ask about was the investigation into some of the original Spainish investigators who had been accused of falsifying the documents. Any news on that front?
The judge was replaced (court 19), the investigation against Gomez continues. One of my sources say the judge was replaced after she planned to call (for interrogation) some members of the Spanish sports federation (CSD), a Spanish state body under the reponsibility of a minister....

jhuskey said:
He has been advised that he can make no public comment in regards to allegations as long as an investigation is in process.
Normally this being anything outside what has been officially documented as a response.
I do however find fault in the way Jan's PR people have advised him in the last few months.
I think it could have been handled better for him
agreed.

No one agrees

...and you are
Biography:
New to cycling.
Bike:
Apollo
Group set:
??
Hair Dresser

Tim Lamkin said:
No one agrees

...and you are
Biography:
New to cycling.
Bike:
Apollo
Group set:
??
Hair Dresser
And you are:

Nobody... so get stuffed and find something else to do with your life

Im sick of arseholes on forums...

Life goes on for Ulle: On his homepage he had an online chat with fans due to demand from fans sending over 2000 emails since his retirement.

I think he is suing the Beckmann show in germany for misrepresenting him on the TV show.

As reported on CN: He will riding for charity in South Africa on Sunday, March 11. He will give the opening shot to start the Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour and will ride 110 kilometres along with some 35,000 other participants.
Ullrich is participating in a new program called Race4Change, in which celebrities ride to raise money for various South African charities. Ullrich will be raising money for the Imibala Charity, which supports disadvantaged children in grade school, and the Starfish Foundation, which helps children orphaned by AIDS.

The public is encouraged to pledge money and sponsor Ullrich in order to support these charities. More information is available at the race4change.co.za website.

Then on Tuesday 13th March in Vienna he will be at the Volksbank Team Presentation. This should be interesting as the press release indicates this will outline JU's involvement with the team.

So life goes on ...... Allez Ulle!

Lanc_arm_strong said:
Please bring back FF!!! We miss him!!! Who agrees?
Nope, his continual repetition of the same thing over and over was becoming a little tedious. When a moderator suggests you pull your head in, the prudent person would pay attention. FF chose not to and clearly paid the price.

Meanwhile, looking forward to hearing what JU will be doing next.

matagi said:
Nope, his continual repetition of the same thing over and over was becoming a little tedious. When a moderator suggests you pull your head in, the prudent person would pay attention. FF chose not to and clearly paid the price.
I think someone else should pick up the torch.

foxvi said:
Life goes on for Ulle: On his homepage he had an online chat with fans due to demand from fans sending over 2000 emails since his retirement.

I think he is suing the Beckmann show in germany for misrepresenting him on the TV show.

As reported on CN: He will riding for charity in South Africa on Sunday, March 11. He will give the opening shot to start the Cape Argus Pick 'n Pay Cycle Tour and will ride 110 kilometres along with some 35,000 other participants.
Ullrich is participating in a new program called Race4Change, in which celebrities ride to raise money for various South African charities. Ullrich will be raising money for the Imibala Charity, which supports disadvantaged children in grade school, and the Starfish Foundation, which helps children orphaned by AIDS.

The public is encouraged to pledge money and sponsor Ullrich in order to support these charities. More information is available at the race4change.co.za website.

Then on Tuesday 13th March in Vienna he will be at the Volksbank Team Presentation. This should be interesting as the press release indicates this will outline JU's involvement with the team.

So life goes on ...... Allez Ulle!
I will be in Vienna at March 13 and yes... at a press conference after the team presentation Jan's involvement will be outlined.