Where are you from,what do you do?

I'm Max from central Massachusetts. I've been an avid cyclist for 30+ years. At one time I was a Cat III racer but now am pretty much a triathlete, having finished Ironman Lake Placid the past 2 years and racing again in 2007. I'm currently riding a 2004 Cannondale Ironman tri bike, and looking at an Aegis Zaero for this next season.

Hi,

Casspir from South Africa. Cycling for fun and health.

Started the sport too late, but nevertheless, enjoying it! Have a Giant XTC Comp and a Pinarello Paris. Both a pleasure to ride!

Regards,

casspir

Hello everyone here !!

I am from New York and I am an IT consultant - I have never owned a bike in my life - now I was given a used one as a present and without an owner's manual - so I would like to get started...

Hey, I'm from Melbourne, Aust. Umm.. I have been riding for a while, mainly CC mountain biking, but only just joined a club the other week. Had my first race last sunday, I'm only a young fella. So yeah. :cool:

I'm from Chicago cycling roads and as many trails as I can get to. In the warm months I go about 120mi(200k)/week. Winter kills me and so got getting only 100k for Nov/Dec. 3400 miles for the whole year. Next year I'll try to average 100mi(160k)/wk and so 5200 miles for 2007.

Hi, my name is Mark and I live in upstate New York. We have plenty of rolling hills, lakes, rivers and streams to ride on, over and around. I used to ride 3000
to 4000 miles a year. Now I walk that much as a US postal worker. I still manage about 2000 commuting miles on my Trek 520.

I live in Gilbert, AZ. I am currently a 4th year medical student . I will graduate as a Naturopathic medical Doctor in July 2007. I ride when I can. School obviously a priority until I am finished. I have every bicycle I have recieved from childhood. My most prized is my Schwinn Collegiate 5 speed I got when I was 9 years old.

Hi, I'm from Pennsylvania, living in Texas. I took a couple months off and have just signed up to do the CrossRoads cross country tour in May. I was riding a 2004 cannondale 800 and am considering an '07 Bianchi Coast to Coast. Does anyone have any input regarding the bikes, or the ride? Thanks!

Hi! Newbie here from Lenexa, KS. I'm just getting into cycling more actively than in the past. I'm an athlete at heart and was a competitive runner for a number of years. I'd like to tackle the Ironman eventually but that's probably a few years out.

I work for Quest Diagnostics in sales.

Hi im from brisbane australia been cycling 15 years on MTB's not long sinse started road cycling and loving it these forums are just what i needed keep up the good work guys :D

Hello, my name is Bujes and I come from Slovenia. I drive freestyle and freeride. I hope, I'll learn more freestyle tricks with this forum.

I live in Bartonville, IL, USA near Peoria--home of the Caterpillar Corporation, which makes earth-moving equipment. I am recently retired from teaching high school art. I enjoy riding my Rans V-Rex recumbent bike on trails in this area and elsewhere. I also enjoy digital photography, computers, cooking, reading, and most of all travel. My wife is a graphic designer. Right now I'm doing some part-time freelance work for her company. She shares some of my interests, especially bicycling and travel.

I did not know that recumbents could be ridden on trails. You learn something new every day.

I live in East Fallowfield Pa. That is near Coatsville Pa. where the Lukens Steel plant is located.

I build railroads for a living. It's hard, but fun.

I ride a road bike, a Giant ocr1, though I haven't been on it in about a month and a half. That's to long if you ask me. I don't like to ride in the cold though, because I work out in the cold.

My wife has no interest in biking, so I ride solo most of the time.!`

. She shares some of my interests, especially bicycling and travel.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for responding. You said you didn't know that recumbents could be ridden on trails. That depends on what you call a trail, of course. One of the trails I ride is called the Rock Island trail. It stretches for 40 miles from Peoria to Toulon, IL; it is a "rails-to-trails" thing--formerly Rock Island trains ran on it. It isn't paved or black-topped. The surface is crushed limestone. I'm not real happy with the surface, but since I put a little wider tires on my bike, I can ride it fairly easily. I could never ride a mountain bike trail with my recumbent, however. But Illinois is fairly flat. --Eddie Dee

Hi All! I'm in southwest Florida. Been visiting this site for a couple years and finally got around to signing in. See ya around! :cool:

Hi, my name is Denny and I'm a 51 year young grandma from New South Wales, Australia. I have just bought a Giant TCR1 Alliance, my previous bike was a Giant Boulder, about as heavy as a boulder too! I cycle for health and fitness and will probably join the local cycling club. I've had 5 rides on the new bike and done 125klm, after the old one it's nice and fast and as light as a feather. I might add I had my first fall two days ago too, when I couldn't get my shoes out of the clips quickly enough, have skin off my hand, elbow and knee, none off the bike thankfully.

Are there any other old(er) girls out there on two wheels? - I'd love to hear from you!

cheers,
Denny

I'm from gran canaria, Canary Island!!!
this i a grate place.... a wonderful place and people!!!! have you ever been in gran canaria??? and in tenerife!!!
I recomend you this site to rent a car e just go arround!!!! they have grate cars where you can take your bike and go to beautiful places to have a ride!!!

good luk!!! jejejeje!!!

http://www.top-car-hire.com