Where are you from,what do you do?

Hi there. I' m isidro from spain. I like the road bike.. I love it. I do races in Amateur category until 24 years. Actually (36 years) i do triathlon with my team whereisthelimit. greetings for all the cyclist from Spain.

My name is Harvecia. I am from New Bern, NC. I am a Medical Assistant as well as earning a Bachelor's degree in Psychology. I became interested in biking out of nowhere really. Mom bought me the bike as an early Christmas present. I took a 3 mile ride to Target because of frustration. Harvecia Hassell

I live in beautiful Vancouver, BC, and I am a Career Coach. I started cycling 4 years ago at age 53, and have also been doing Triathlon the past 3 years. I did not think I would love cycling as I was a distance runner, but in fact, I do. I have 3 bikes:

Cervelo R3
Cervelo P2
Scott CX Winter Bike

One of my closest friends moved to Melbourne following her Aussie boyfriend, so I have to visit soon

My name is Kelly(male). I live in Austin, Tx, working as an appliance salesman. Haven't actually received my road bike but once I do I plan to ride 25-30 miles a day to start off. I am here mostly for reading posts and picking up on some tips.

I'm from San Jose, California. I just got into HVAC controls at work thanks to almost getting laid off as a mechanical engineer, which is more IT than I have done before, but going good so far. I do spin classes at the gym in the morning, but ride my bike in the local Diabetes Association Tour de Cure. It is a 1988 Specialized Rock Hopper Comp. I put treaded road tires on it for easier rolling on the Tour, but other than a new seat, I had the original Biopace gear set on until last year, when it came loose and got torn up on the last Tour. It took me awhile, but I finally got the crankset replaced with a good set and cleaned and lubed the adjustable bottom bracket. I need the cable guide that goes on the bottom of the bottom bracket as that got chewed up too, but it runs pretty well otherwise. I had knee surgery, so I will probably be riding my bike more than running.

Hasta luego! Slainte! Etc....

Things have been a little slow thus far getting everything ready to ride. I had to take my back wheel in to be trued but after that it should be good to go. I have been invited to a ride sunday morning for a short 25 miles but it should be a good starting point.

Hey, all, Danny from Metro Detroit -- I'm actually Denny/Dennis, but got sick and tired of being called Dennis The Menace (an American comic strip character for those not from the USA) as a kid, so kinda picked up Danny as an AKA.

I'm 47, live the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan, where we have some great paved paths and some rough trails in parks and vacant land as well.

I'm a paralegal for a small law firm, primarily in probate, estate planning, and tax law, with a smattering of business law in the mix.

Chained to a desk 9-5 all week, unless I have to do a field trip to court to file docs, or to meet a client in their home, or at a hospital/nursing home (do a lot of that to get docs signed by people who are in the hospital).

I currently own three bikes, a Cannondale SM700, circa 1991 but still in good shape, a 2012 Specialized Crosstrail Pro Disc I bought in Sept, and a Surly Pugsley snow/sand bike, just got that about 3 weeks ago. Been riding as much as possible, went out today in 20 degree weather and did about 5 miles on the Surly, which is about an equivalent workout to 15 miles on my Crosstrail IMHO, definitely a tougher ride but fun. I was trying to do 20-25 at least 2-3 times a week, with shorter 12-15 daily if possible, until the winter weather set in.

Looking forward to spring, the Pug is nice, but not the same as my Specialized. Damn, I love that bike.

Hi there, I am from La Paz, Bolivia and cycle at 4000 m ASL.
I am a translator and interpreter (English, German, Spanish).
I love track racing and train indoors as well. I ride about 6 hrs a week.
I am a master category rider.
Cheers !!!!!

Well. First ride didn't go as smoothly as i had hoped for but I rode about 15 miles. I would have done more but I felt like so many things were going wrong so I cut it short. Ill pick it back up tomorrow and just keep at it.

Hi
I am from Ontario Canada where the weather right now is very cold. Too cold for me to ride though some people ride all year. -5c I enjoy riding the roads and last year put 7000 km on my bike though I know there are plenty of people who ride more that is a lot for this guy who has only been riding 5 years. Looking forward to the discussions here on this forum.

Dave

I am a recent college graduate. I rowed lightweight in college and then herniated a disc in my back my senior year. I have been racing my bike for about a year now and it turns out that lightweight rowers make pretty good cyclists. I am currently living in Vermont where I coach rowing and ride my bike as much as I can.

I live in Trophy Club, TX. I'm 48 years old, big, and I ride steel. I am just beginning to get in to re-building steel bikes. I have an oder KHS Flite 300 that I have begun a complete restoration on. Lot's of fun.