Where are you from,what do you do?

I am a flight attendant South african and been living in Brisbane since last year..... New to cycling but eager to get in and get fit : )

Been snooping around a bit. Enjoying the conversations. All ways looking for knowledge. Almost love bicycling to much.

Moderator note : I've moved this post to this thread as this is the section where posters choose to introduce themselves.

I am not sure whether anyone will see my reply on this 466th page. whatever, I'm I.C **** from Beijing,China. Usually, I rode one hour from home to work & one hour back every day, about 25 kms one way. As it has been raining for a week, I have to drive one hour to work, one hour and a half back home. It's really a big traffic jam.You don't believe it? Come to Beijing & see it yourself!

Evening everyone I'm chris,26 and from Scotland,currently working as a plumbing and heating engineer. The last time I can remember being on a bicycle was probably 10 years ago....far too long. I used to go everywhere on my bike and suddenly stopped regrettably,I don't have a bicycle as of yet but I'm looking through some choices and hopefully have one soon,hard though as I'm saving for a wedding,hope I can be a legitimate bike owning member soon :) looking forward to advice from people Thanks

Re: Wheer are you from,what do you do? Where killeen tx Using my bike to commute to work, and to get more cardio, while training for tough mudder event. Day job - Army

Hello I'm John .
I'm a DAV (Disabled American Veteran) and have been a caregiver for my Dad since 1998. When he passed in 2009 , my Mother was unable to care for herself as Diabetes has taken the best part of her vision , so I'm still on the job. I let myself go and am currently very much out of shape and overweight. My younger Brother recently changed his lifestyle and is doing amazing things. he was overweight when I was slim and working hard everyday. Now he is working his way up to a half-marathon. Due to the nature of my injuries, my circulation in my lower right leg is very bad and both my knees are shot.My Brother suggested riding a bike to get back in shape. I bought myself a very nice bike and my first real ride was with my Brother. He had just ran 4.5 miles when I met up with him to ride. We rode a mile and a half and it was me who threw in the towel ! I had always loved to ride when I was young 6 yrs to 14 or so. I'm 55 years old and I really need this to work. Riding will help the circulation which in turn will help my legs and knees . Its not as easy as I thought, will power is what I need badly. I live in Alabama, North West corner of the state so finding a good flat trail is hard to do. I envy those who live in "Bike Friendly" states, with those very wide shoulders and numerous bike trails. No matter , I will do this. My Grand Son recently demanded to have his training wheels removed so he could go riding with his Grand Pa in Alabama ! He will be 7 years old in December. I love that young man more than I can say.
I hope to post a few pics soon . Ride safe everyone,
jwill58

Hi I'm from Leeds uk. I am an ex racing cyclist. I spent most of my adult life racing until I retired in 2000. Then I became a runner and took part regularly in running races, as well as the odd ride on the bike. Then in may 2011 I was hit by a hit and run driver whilst cycling to work. The driver was never found. I had completely smashed my hip socket and fractured my pelvis, and a broken finger. I was lucky to survive thanks to my helmet. My hip was reconstructed with metalwork but proved unsuccessful 12 months later due to irreparable damage to the cartilage and the onset of avascular necrosis where the ball of the hip dies off. So on 31.08.12 I had to have a total hip replacement. I have packed in cycling now due to the fear of falling on my new hip and my wife's concerns regarding going out on the road. So now I train full time on my proform tour de france exercise bike using Google map technology. I love using it and it is a lifeline for me and I get to keep my identity as a cyclist.

Hello from Vancouver, British Columbia. I just started road biking in June/2013 and I'm hooked.

Out in the valley where I live you can find a nice variety of steep hills and long strait farm roads which makes for diverse training... Riding recreationally at the moment but I'm only 26 and have a competitive personality so who knows.

Steve Vaughan, sorry to hear about your accident... and good to hear you can still find a way to pedal. My grandfather was hit early in the year (70 years old) by a student driving to school. Lucky he stopped though.

Hi Guys,

Im from Northern Ireland, and I have been cycling from I could walk, competed in Scotland mountain biking a few times. I have been in the bike trade for about 4 years, worked for Chain Reaction Cycles, Specialized and Now currently in Australia working for a Specialized store. Hope to open my own Bike/Triathlon store in the near future.

Laters

Levi

Hello everyone. I'm living just outside of Austin Texas USA. I've been riding on and off since I was in my early 20s (I'm 50 now). A full fledged member of the "Old Guys Who Get Fat In Winter" club, although since I moved to Texas the winters are much shorter and warmer so the fat comes and goes accordingly.
Every so often I do a ride in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, a 3-day ride covering about 200 miles including a century. At my age I figure I need to begin training now, so about 5 or 6 weeks ago I started riding in earnest in preparation for the July 2014 ride. I'll need to lose about 35 lbs (16 Kg) if I want to ride up mountains and halfway enjoy it.
Thanks and ride on!

Hello everyone. I'm living just outside of Austin Texas USA. I've been riding on and off since I was in my early 20s (I'm 50 now). A full fledged member of the "Old Guys Who Get Fat In Winter" club, although since I moved to Texas the winters are much shorter and warmer so the fat comes and goes accordingly.
Every so often I do a ride in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, a 3-day ride covering about 200 miles including a century. At my age I figure I need to begin training now, so about 5 or 6 weeks ago I started riding in earnest in preparation for the July 2014 ride. I'll need to lose about 35 lbs (16 Kg) if I want to ride up mountains and halfway enjoy it.
Thanks and ride on!

I am a relative newbie to cycling. As with other physical pursuits I have attempted; I usually go all in. My ride is a Trek Domane 4.5 and I've logged about 2,200 miles on it this spring/summer and now fall. I live in the northwestern part of NJ. Plenty of hills to climb and descend. One of my friends did the Ride the Rockies tour in June. When I heard about it and saw the pictures, I said, I HAVE to do that. Since I only live at 1,000 ft above sea level; how does one train for the altitude you encounter as well as those forever uphill climbs? I am also a bit concerned about 60-90 miles a day for 7 days straight. I know I can do the miles, but not sure if my lungs and legs can do the altitude. I'd appreciate any advice so that I might prepare physically and mentally.

Where - Dublin, Ireland
What - Ride my bike(s) whenever I can for the following reasons: commute, tour, leisure, race, work, fitness, health, travel, work up an appetite, sleep better, look cool, meet like minded people, save money and reduce carbon emissions. List is not exhaustive.

Passion - Red Bull Road Rage

Hi everyone!
I'm Giorgio and I'm from Italy!
I'm just arrived in Sydney and I just bought my new road bike!! :D:D
Can someone please suggest me a good coffe shop where i can find other cyclist to ride in the morning??
I would know new people and have a good coffe,, After all I'm Italian! :D:D!!
Thank you everyone!!

Hi everyone!
I'm Giorgio and I'm from Italy!
I'm just arrived in Sydney and I just bought my new road bike!! :D:D
Can someone please suggest me a good coffe shop where i can find other cyclist to ride in the morning??
I would know new people and have a good coffe,, After all I'm Italian! :D:D!!
Thank you everyone!!