Who Clipped Beltran?

Mad Dog wrote:
> Any indication of who took Tricky out?

no info yet, but Trikki (not Tricky) I think I heard is
choc chip cookie in Spanish?

Jaybee says...

>Mad Dog wrote:
>> Any indication of who took Tricky out?

>no info yet, but Trikki (not Tricky) I think I heard is
>choc chip cookie in Spanish?

Sorry, I don't speak Spanish.

El Triki is how Cookie Monster is known on the Spanish Sesame Street
(Barrio Sésamo).

de nada,

JLS

¿But do we know that Beltran's knickname comes from Cookie Monster's
Spanish name? If so, that's even cooler than the Canibal or the Badger.

[email protected] wrote:

> ¿But do we know that Beltran's knickname comes from Cookie Monster's
> Spanish name? If so, that's even cooler than the Canibal or the Badger.

"Manuel Beltran earned the nickname 'Triki' because of his weakness
for cookies. El Triki is the Spanish version of 'Cookie Monster' on
Sesame Street. Few people call him Manuel, and in 2004 his leader's
jersey at the Vuelta a Espana had El Triki printed on it. Despite the
fact that he consumes more cookies and olive oil than the rest of us, he
is by far the skinniest rider on the team."

i found the quote here
http://www.knoxstudio.com/shns/story.cfm?pk=CYCLIST-BOOKS-05-25-05&cat=EB
and it's supposedly a quote from barry's book
"Inside the Postal Bus: My Ride with Lance Armstrong and the U.S. Postal
Cycling Team." by Michael Barry

hh

Sir Topham Hatt says...

>Oscar Sevilla. Claim it was an accident

>Mad Dog wrote:

>>Any indication of who took Tricky out?

I guess that's one way T-Mobile can beat Discovery to the yellow.

"Sir Topham Hatt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Oscar Sevilla. Claim it was an accident
>
> Mad Dog <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Any indication of who took Tricky out?

Hmmm
Oscar (the grouch) Sevilla
Triki (the cookie monster) Beltran
Michael (big bird) Rasmussen

Need nominations for Elmo, Snuffleopogus, Grover, and Bert and Ernie

h squared wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>
> > ¿But do we know that Beltran's knickname comes from Cookie Monster's
> > Spanish name? If so, that's even cooler than the Canibal or the Badger.
> >

> "Manuel Beltran earned the nickname 'Triki' because of his weakness
> for cookies. El Triki is the Spanish version of 'Cookie Monster' on
> Sesame Street. Few people call him Manuel, and in 2004 his leader's
> jersey at the Vuelta a Espana had El Triki printed on it. Despite the
> fact that he consumes more cookies and olive oil than the rest of us, he
> is by far the skinniest rider on the team."
>
> i found the quote here
> http://www.knoxstudio.com/shns/story.cfm?pk=CYCLIST-BOOKS-05-25-05&cat=EB
> and it's supposedly a quote from barry's book
> "Inside the Postal Bus: My Ride with Lance Armstrong and the U.S. Postal
> Cycling Team." by Michael Barry
>
> hh

leave it to "hh" to deliver the real goods.
bill c

Bert - either George Hincapie or Cadel Evans
Grover - Franco Pellizotti

Geraard Spergen wrote:
> "Sir Topham Hatt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Oscar Sevilla. Claim it was an accident
>>
>>Mad Dog <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>Any indication of who took Tricky out?

> Hmmm
> Oscar (the grouch) Sevilla
> Triki (the cookie monster) Beltran
> Michael (big bird) Rasmussen
>
> Need nominations for Elmo, Snuffleopogus, Grover, and Bert and Ernie

Lance could be Count Von Count.

Bill C wrote:

> leave it to "hh" to deliver the real goods.
> bill c

you're nice, but it was really just the luck of the google ;)
"hh"