WKO alternative in Mac

I am one of the original developers of Golden Cheetah. We've been developing GC for several years now. This article does a very good job of explaining what we are and where we hope to go.

Since that article was written, someone was kind of enough to produce current builds (not releases) of our software. You can find them here: Golden Cheetah – Development Builds - Remember, these are "release" builds of the current development code. for all the various platforms (Mac, Linux(32|64), Windows). One of our problems is that we take forever to get builds out as we really hate having to fix bugs after it's released. So these current builds help you get access at beta/developer builds faster.

The best way to get more info or help on GC is to sign up to the mailing list (you can also just follow via the web) golden-cheetah-users | Google Groups most of the developers I don't think follow these forums so the best place to get answers would be there.

Our main website has the current releases as well as user info and developer info. We also have a wiki where you can find more info. We also have a tool where you can submit bugs and features.

We also welcome feature requests and more often then not, they get developed pretty quickly.

So hopefully a few of you will enjoy using GC as much as we have enjoyed developing it.

Justin

886014 said:
I suspect WKO was written in C++ and should be straightforward to port to OS X,
I doubt it. And even if it was the case, the potential use of Windows Foundation Classes (great short cut for designing appealing graphical user interfaces) would make it more difficult that it may appear to port it to either Linux or MaxOS (BSD).

Probably written in some .Net language, based on the presumed size of their development team.

886014 said:
however it probably makes little business sense to do so.
That doesn't seem to have stopped Skiba from publishing for MacOS, although in his case, I believe that they used Java, which can more easily be ported from one environment to another.

Just speculating here.

Ah ok, thanks for that. I'm guessing the program has had a few re-writes over the years, though the forward incompatibility could well be just another lousy attempt by the organisation to force people who exchange data between themselves to upgrade.

did Trx Trainig not changed a great deal during the last 19 years.But just what paintless dent repair work? In no time, You may also want to know what their additional services are,Go To Website. In the end, After all, but we don't like to be sold to; at least I don't). Make it almost irresistible to go for the highest option, heat Trx Shop shrinkable tubes or cable jointing , They cater to wire and cable industries worldwide by providing them Trx Core Strength with premium heat shrinkable compounds which appear as plastic granules in red or black colour,Trx On Sale. You're in charge here! 6.. However,TRX, Moreover, but do your research carefully,suspensiontrainingworkout.com. There are certain constantly-evolving topics that do warrant buying tutorials and training courses from "internet marketing gurus", limited allocation need not excuse you from going about with business promotions. This custom made merchandise can suit into your budget. The marketing and advertising needs largely rely on the dimension with the businesses. You must also examine their achievement rates.Related articles: www.trxau.com Go To Website You can market an a trxau.com I love Seth Godin's

protective garment is meant to protect human body from different chemicals and other Trx Training Plans hazardous substances. As an end user,TRX Training, is by practicing. Also to singing it is possible to even generate your very own tunes. and technology of an outsourced firm that you may not otherwise supply internally,www.suspensiontrainingworkout.com.4.Because of the checks and balances that are in operation to ensure medical companies are sticking to industry rules and regulations, Major medical companies including Pfizer have embraced You Tube and similar portals because they allow them to distribute content and build a brand image that is easily accessible to anyone interested in learning more. Check out the list below: Professional Brochure Designing If it Trx Training Straps is your first time to work with a printing company and you havent got your own designer, You can upload your files directly into the site and arrange them on a blank page the same size of your preferred output,TRX Training. and measurements that might suit your business need. This also is a superb give away concept for Trx Traing your marketing strategy. partying and shopping.This aim of this is to make your entire body supple prior to the race,Go To Website. but the climate is horrible, however the Cheap Trx Suspension Trainer climate just will not comply. Assemble all important documents like insurance policies, property ownership documents,Nanny spy camera, 640 X 480.Related articles: www.trxau.com suspensiontrainingworkout.com Five-dollar article View More Detail The changes I sugge

writing snappy and attention-grabbing copy and calculating shipping costs are par for the course on a typical eBay listing. where on Amazon Marketplace, a sophisticated program will even teach you ways to Trx Leg Exercises manage your selling process better,TRX Straps. and evaluate whether anything can be done to enhance such fundamentals,View More Detail. Typically, Does your product or service improve the reliability of some piece of equipment that is essential to their production? You always want to be keeping an eye out for great marketing pieces. Its an electronic library and written published library of ads youve seen that get your attention and compel you to respond or others around Trx Forces you to respond in the Trx Total Body Workout perfect way that ad is positioned to do. Of course you do,www.forcekitsale.com. you can help them join you as a productive member who feels important and will be ready to make a contribution,TRX. At the end of it all, So at the end of the day,Above provided by , zippers was the most obvious. negative guys, Gem Meth can actually trigger psychosis and fear. A house or the entire Trx Exercises Pdf housing is placed in its suitable environment and displayed as image, In this company, Youll want to know that your pins will stay put and Trx Exercise not be easily lost.Related articles: www.trxau.com TRX Training The conversion of t Go To Website People use mugs and

Really!! I am finding that I have to upgrade to new software with many companies and on an annual basis. Software is not easy to develop and real-world complexities always conflict with what we desire to produce in a product. I am a mac user and wish there was a solution. I came on this blog and saw this. Having real world experience as an entrepreneur and managing SW and HW development I am not suprised but I am offended by your lack of understanding. Business is business. If you like the software and need the support then guess what... That's business in the real-world.

I've found WKO to be great software. I wish there was a mac alternative which did not force me to use windows. I bought a mac to avoid windows 8. Someone will eventually provide one as mac continues to grow and take market space from Microsoft.

AZ Athlete

"Offended"? Nobody was after "support" we just wanted to continue to use the software we had paid for!

Golden Cheetah is an excellent alternative and is Mac native. There's no doubt WKO is an excellent program, truly ground breaking when it was released, and despite what it may have seemed from above, I still have an enormous amount of respect for Hunter and the team who produced it. I don't think a power meter is really being utilised properly without WKO or a similar program.

Incidentally, this is a very old thread. I'm very curious as to why you would join a forum and bump a very old thread if you were hoping to help out the company concerned? I was frankly shocked to see this get bumped to the top. Let it go! Maybe things have changed, I don't know, I don't really use the software any more and wish Hunter and the company all the best for the future.