doctor house is right! but can anything be done to save cycling?

yeloooooo said:
I stumbled upon this board a week or so ago, initially i was pretty naive, thinking only a few riders doped, and being unaware to the prevelance of doping in cycling. I was even in the dark about LA. I'd like to say thanks to doctor house and a few others on the doping forum for opening my eyes.

I've now come to believe doctor house when he says the 100% of the tour riders are doping. At first i was a bit resentfull of this, i love watching cycling having got totally addicted to the tour this year and watching it a fair bit in the past. However, the Landis, Rasmussen (who was my fav rider) and now Vino revalations have made it impossible for me to ignore any longer.

But my question is, given the current situation is there anything that can actually be done to save the sport? It seems to me that even if we have rigourous drug testting as we do now, doctors such as mr ferrari will find a way around them, whether it's with a new drug or whatever.

The future of the tour de france and pro tour cycling in general looks very bleak to me. I just cannot see how the sport can be saved. It's a no win situation, the more rigerous the testing the more riders will be caught, the more the reputation of the sport will suffer. Surely there must now be a serious question over whether there will be a tour de france at all next year.
Yep. It can be saved easily. Do what every other sport does:

1. Fire WADA
2. Hire some group to do the testing that really will be looking only for cocaine and other non-performance enhancing drugs
3. State that this new testing organization is testing the riders 4 times as often as WADA did (and they are, but they're testing for vitamins or something)

Then, when only 1-2 low-level riders test positive each year, the media will claim they cleaned up cycling and they'll move on.

Klodifan said:
he is foiling with you on purpose. youre being sincere too. doc, play nice.
Thanks Klodifan. I kind of resent the fact he protrays me as an apologist for drug cheats, i'm most definetly not. I've pointed out more than once before that i hate them, they should be found out and booted out, and criminal charges brought etc etc. But Doctor.House seems to be a fundamentalist on the issue, which makes anyone who is remotely open minded seem as guilty as the dopers.

trucker39 said:
Thanks Klodifan. I kind of resent the fact he protrays me as an apologist for drug cheats, i'm most definetly not. I've pointed out more than once before that i hate them, they should be found out and booted out, and criminal charges brought etc etc. But Doctor.House seems to be a fundamentalist on the issue, which makes anyone who is remotely open minded seem as guilty as the dopers.

Open minded about sporting fraud is at the root of the crime? Why be?

It is what it is.

Doping apologists & life science TV sport, go hand in hand.