Armstong dopes AGAIN

whiteboytrash said:
They blitzed the Olympics and smashed world records. But East Germany's sporting prodigies were powered by drugs. Now they regard themselves as forgotten victims - and they want someone to pay. By Luke Harding in Berlin.

Rica Reinisch was just 14 when her swimming coach approached her one day after training and gave her a blue pill. The year was 1979. Reinisch, a swimming prodigy, had already spent four years at an elite sports school in the East German city of Dresden. "My coach came up to me and gave me a tablet," Reinisch says. "He told me: ‘Take it. It's good for you. It will make your body regenerate more quickly.' He made it sound as if it were completely normal."

Just before the 1980 Moscow Olympics the tablets stopped. "It was madness," she says. "But at the time I put my improved performance down to all the hard training. I was, after all, spending seven or eight hours a day in the pool."

The 15-year-old swimmer was one of the games' sensations - winning three gold medals and setting three new backstroke world records, including an astonishing 1 minutes 00.86 seconds for the 100 metres. The next year she set three European records. In 1982, however, Reinisch collapsed at a training camp in the Ukraine, suffering from inflamed ovaries. She was flown back to her training base in Dresden by helicopter.

"I went to see the doctor. He seemed distressed. He told me simply that I should give up top-level sport. My parents were speechless."

Reinisch is one of the forgotten victims. For three decades, East Germans ran, swam and shot-putted their way to glory, winning Olympic gold medals, setting world records and - so it seemed at the time - demonstrating the superiority of communism. But this month the human cost of East Germany's extraordinary sporting success will be laid bare in a courtroom in Hamburg.

About 190 East German competitors are launching a case against the German pharmaceutical giant Jenapharm. They claim that the East German firm knowingly supplied the steroids that were given to them by trainers and coaches from the 1960s onwards until East Germany's demise in 1989. Jenapharm, now owned by Schering, argues it was not responsible for the doping scandal and blames the communist system.

Last month, meanwhile, Germany's athletics federation announced that it was checking 22 national records set by East German athletes. The investigation came after Ines Geipel, a member of the recordholding East German women's 4x100 metres relay team, asked for her record from 1984 to be struck off. She revealed she had been doped. In a separate case another former East German swimmer, Karin Konig, is suing the German Olympic committee for damages. Konig claims that she was also a victim of doping between 1982 and 1987.

I read this article in yesterdays Guardian.
Very sad state of affairs.

whiteboytrash said:
They blitzed the Olympics and smashed world records. But East Germany's sporting prodigies were powered by drugs. Now they regard themselves as forgotten victims - and they want someone to pay. By Luke Harding in Berlin.

Rica Reinisch was just 14 when her swimming coach approached her one day after training and gave her a blue pill. The year was 1979. Reinisch, a swimming prodigy, had already spent four years at an elite sports school in the East German city of Dresden. "My coach came up to me and gave me a tablet," Reinisch says. "He told me: ‘Take it. It's good for you. It will make your body regenerate more quickly.' He made it sound as if it were completely normal."

Just before the 1980 Moscow Olympics the tablets stopped. "It was madness," she says. "But at the time I put my improved performance down to all the hard training. I was, after all, spending seven or eight hours a day in the pool."

The 15-year-old swimmer was one of the games' sensations - winning three gold medals and setting three new backstroke world records, including an astonishing 1 minutes 00.86 seconds for the 100 metres. The next year she set three European records. In 1982, however, Reinisch collapsed at a training camp in the Ukraine, suffering from inflamed ovaries. She was flown back to her training base in Dresden by helicopter.

"I went to see the doctor. He seemed distressed. He told me simply that I should give up top-level sport. My parents were speechless."

Reinisch is one of the forgotten victims. For three decades, East Germans ran, swam and shot-putted their way to glory, winning Olympic gold medals, setting world records and - so it seemed at the time - demonstrating the superiority of communism. But this month the human cost of East Germany's extraordinary sporting success will be laid bare in a courtroom in Hamburg.

About 190 East German competitors are launching a case against the German pharmaceutical giant Jenapharm. They claim that the East German firm knowingly supplied the steroids that were given to them by trainers and coaches from the 1960s onwards until East Germany's demise in 1989. Jenapharm, now owned by Schering, argues it was not responsible for the doping scandal and blames the communist system.

Last month, meanwhile, Germany's athletics federation announced that it was checking 22 national records set by East German athletes. The investigation came after Ines Geipel, a member of the recordholding East German women's 4x100 metres relay team, asked for her record from 1984 to be struck off. She revealed she had been doped. In a separate case another former East German swimmer, Karin Konig, is suing the German Olympic committee for damages. Konig claims that she was also a victim of doping between 1982 and 1987.

I read this article in yesterdays Guardian.
Very sad state of affairs.

the hypocrisy on it's full act.

During the 89's East and West Germany had a lot of athletes thriving internationally. After the unification the "wonder" athletes from East Germany were history but at the same time there weren't any German athletes in top level. Just like someone switched off everything.
What it seems to me is that we have a political "witch-hunt" based though on real documents, just because the "Ossis" were pervert enough so to have a full documentation about everything they did.

I still can't stop laughing that Lance himself handed over the 'key' to L’Equipe of his doping records for the 1999 Tour de France because he thought they were going to print a positive story about him ! What a fool ! Hook, line and sinker. Can you believe that he actually helped L'Equipe produce the story and seal his fate ? No wonder he won't sue them. What a farkwit !

Funny enough it was the Chatenay Malabry in Paris which confirmed the positive test for Heras test for the lab in Madrid….. seems to me that the boys at the Chatenay Malabry lab know there stuff….. even when its to prove that a positive is an actual fact a negative (see below)… which again proves again that Armstrong is a fraud and the lab is independent.

http://www.procycling.com/news.aspx?ID=1714

The initial test was carried out by the UCI-accredited lab in Madrid, which delayed for a significant amount of time before informing the team, who then informed the rider. According to El Pais, the six-week delay between the test being undertaken on September 17 and the results being given to the team on October 27 were the result of caution on the part of the lab following a recent number of false positives using the EPO test. During this period, the Madrid lab sent the results to labs in Paris and Lausanne, both of which are reported to have confirmed them.

The confirmation of the Chatenay Malabry lab in Paris is particularly notable as it is this lab that has confirmed that a number of recent EPO ‘positives’, including those of Fabrizio Guidi and world track champion Juan Llaneras, were in fact false.

Oh dear... its not going to go away is it.... looks like all the truth will be revealed shortly....

WADA chief **** Pound declares that his organisation's investigation into Lance Armstrong's alleged EPO use at the 1999 Tour will continue, and knocks the UCI's efforts.

World Anti-Doping Agency president **** Pound had said that the investigation into allegations of doping made by French newspaper L’Equipe against Lance Armstrong will continue in the new year. “It’s not going to go away,” Pound told Reuters. “We’re dealing with all the spins out there right now but behind scenes there are investigations quietly proceeding.”

Pound added: “There is no urgency because he is not going to be in another race, but there are some explanations that are going to have to be given.”

Following Armstrong’s seventh Tour victory, L’Equipe published a story alleging the American had used the banned blood-boosting product EPO on his way to victory in the 1999 race. Armstrong has consistently denied that he has ever used performance-enhancing drugs.

The combative Pound was also critical of the International Cycling Union, saying: “The UCI says it is conducting an investigation, although we can’t seem to get information about it, and we are doing our own… Right now the only thing they seem concerned about is how this embarrassing information got into the public domain. And there are another 15 or so positive tests on which they refuse to comment.”

scotty72 said:
Geez,

The French are making up doping allegations about Armstrong.

How original !

If the frogs actually put as much effort into cycling as they do into their vindictive, slimey, grubby slurs then a Frenchman might actually win a tour before hell actually does freeze over.

Scotty
Yeah! Well said. The only way a french rider -- hell, let's call them frogs -- could win the Tour is if the Tour was clean.

Stupid frogs.

helmutRoole2 said:
Yeah! Well said. The only way a french rider -- hell, let's call them frogs -- could win the Tour is if the Tour was clean.

Stupid frogs.
I"ve been out of the cycling rumour loop for about 4 weeks...........Has anything happened beside doping stories?

wolfix said:
I"ve been out of the cycling rumour loop for about 4 weeks...........Has anything happened beside doping stories?
Nope, except Hincapie getting knocked out of the lead of Eneco within sight of the finish line... by the eventual winner.

Oh, and Pound is showing his genius. In the midst of the worst doping scandals to hit cycling, with testing obviously coming up short and a crisis screaming for better regulation, he's going after Armstrong again.

JohnO said:
Nope, except Hincapie getting knocked out of the lead of Eneco within sight of the finish line... by the eventual winner.

Oh, and Pound is showing his genius. In the midst of the worst doping scandals to hit cycling, with testing obviously coming up short and a crisis screaming for better regulation, he's going after Armstrong again.
So George is still riding like a frenchman and Pound is claiming that cycling has a problem.... Who invited him anyway?

Has Zabel done anything?

Actually, I take back that swipe at Pound. It took a moment for his brilliance to become apparent.

After he's through with Armstrong, what about Indurain? He dominated in probably the most dope soaked days of cycling. And it took a real doper to beat him. Sounds guilty to me. Nail him, cowboy! And before that, LeMond made that miraculous recovery from near death. We all know about people who recover from near death and win the Tour next year... Guilty.

So the plan is to forget about the doping that's currently going on, let a rider become a star, rake in twenty or thirty million in salary and endorsements, retire in wealth, and five years later, you'll nail them to the wall and humiliate them. But they get to keep the money...

Pure genius, ****. That sets a stirling example for all cyclists to follow, especially if they want to get rich. And it certainly will have an impact on the doping that's going on right now, even if it is a negative impact. Yep, not to worry, folks, Big **** is on the job!

Has anyone ever considered drug testing for WADA officials? I think Pound has been doing funny things to his brain during lunch hour.

wolfix said:

Well,let me think, Lim and Darkboong donated $10,000 each to the Israeli relief fund,Wurm held a dinner party for Bush, Mussette admitted that Lance doped,Stevebaby compliment everyone on the forum and I became the campaign manager for Hillary 2008. :D

Yep, business as usual,you didin't miss a thing!

wolfix said:
Another "I hate Clipless Pedals ! What do I do ?" thread has been created in the Cycling Equipment Forum. :rolleyes:

My wife and I picked our first tomatoes out of the garden .... ;)

lw

wolfix said:
The Campy v. Shimano dispute is nearing resolution,after many years of bitter fighting.

jhuskey said:
Well,let me think, Lim and Darkboong donated $10,000 each to the Israeli relief fund,Wurm held a dinner party for Bush, Mussette admitted that Lance doped,Stevebaby compliment everyone on the forum and I became the campaign manager for Hillary 2008. :D

Yep, business as usual,you didin't miss a thing!
Your getting old... you forgot to mention that WBT was named on the Fuentes list.:D

cyclingheroes said:
Your getting old... you forgot to mention that WBT was named on the Fuentes list.:D

Your right,I am,but this time the oversight is due to being busy.Getting this house ready to sell and working are combining and cutting into my bike time.

jhuskey said:
Your right,I am,but this time the oversight is due to being busy.Getting this house ready to sell and working are combining and cutting into my bike time.
That's life.... :cool: (i will move after the season is finished.... already getting nightmares that i can't follow the forum that much for a couple of weeks after the season..)

off-topic: did you receive the e-mail with the attachment?

cyclingheroes said:
That's life.... :cool: (i will move after the season is finished.... already getting nightmares that i can't follow the forum that much for a couple of weeks after the season..)

off-topic: did you receive the e-mail with the attachment?

Yes I did ,thanks. I am not moving just fixing up a house I have been renting out so can sell it.