Armstrong comeback!



Rolfrae said:
"It doesn't matter about T/E ratio but watts and power output..."

From an engineering point: watts AND power? Uhm same thing....

From a cheating point of view: a spike may indicate drug use but that's about all. There is no way you can sanction somebody using power as a reason. Sure it may prompt further and in depth testing but ultimately it's like finding 'flu by looking for people who are sneezing...

Lemond strikes me as a glory hunting has been.
 
poulidor said:
If Lance was serious he would not use private jet to travel and increase global warming!

And if Al Gore was serious, he wouldn't use his private jet either.
 
Rolfrae said:
Well that makes him and Armstrong two of a kind then!


Except no one is sure if Armstrong is capable of performing or not. That is what make it somewhat interesting otherwise it would just be pathetic.
 
wineandkeyz said:
And if Al Gore was serious, he wouldn't use his private jet either.
Not surprise by all of those American people, they are the first polluters of the world...:D
 
poulidor said:
Not surprise by all of those American people, they are the first polluters of the world...:D
Why is ASO being so welcoming of Armstrong? Does he not have to account for his past?
 
Ullefan said:
Why is ASO being so welcoming of Armstrong? Does he not have to account for his past?
There is 2 different kinds of people inside ASO, Prudhomme was clearly not happy with Armstrong's return and belongs to the first kind.
The second kind like better money and are more under influence of political people. But it's not clear yet if ASO will earn more money with the comeback of LA, german TV is ready to not or less broadcast TDF...
 
poulidor said:
There is 2 different kinds of people inside ASO, Prudhomme was clearly not happy with Armstrong's return and belongs to the first kind.
The second kind like better money and are more under influence of political people. But it's not clear yet if ASO will earn more money with the comeback of LA, german TV is ready to not or less broadcast TDF...
Thanks.

My opinion of ASO has gone down. They seemed to be firm in their anti-doping stance. I suppose as a business, they need to make money, maybe money is more important than sport.

What about the French public, other French teams ? In light of all the work that has been done over the last few years to clean up, are they ready to welcome back such a figurehead as Armstrong?
 
Ullefan said:
Thanks.

My opinion of ASO has gone down. They seemed to be firm in their anti-doping stance. I suppose as a business, they need to make money, maybe money is more important than sport.

What about the French public, other French teams ? In light of all the work that has been done over the last few years to clean up, are they ready to welcome back such a figurehead as Armstrong?
I think people who are running ASO want to fight doping but shareholders prefer money!

Most of the French (public, teams, ...) don't welcome LA even after he has licked our ass by saying we have a beautiful and great country, just 1/3 of the French were against him when he was racing, and so ...

I think too that it's still important to be in mode "wait and see", particularly for ASO, TDF, and so, until TDF there is a lot of time and Armstrong will have to answer to a lot of questions from media. All of them will be not fine with him.
 
poulidor said:
If Lance was serious he would not use private jet to travel and increase global warming! In a few years global warming will kill more people than all other diseases.
Yeah, I had the same thought.
 

Similar threads