Beltran Abandons!!

J Jones

Guest
After crash this a.m.

Any chance this will embolden LA's main rivals?
Jeff

"J Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> After crash this a.m.
>
> Any chance this will embolden LA's main rivals?
> Jeff

It won't affect Discovery now that Hincapie can climb like he did on the
Galibier yesterday. It was funny hearing Phil note that George was big and
more suited to races like Paris-Roubaix. But this is a diffrent era where
pigs can fly.

> "J Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> After crash this a.m.
>>
>> Any chance this will embolden LA's main rivals?
>> Jeff

> It won't affect Discovery now that Hincapie can climb like he did on the
> Galibier yesterday. It was funny hearing Phil note that George was big
> and more suited to races like Paris-Roubaix. But this is a diffrent era
> where pigs can fly.

I've never understood why everyone thinks George is so big. I guess it's
just a relative thing. I saw him just after the tour a couple of years ago
and he looked scrawny.

--
Bob C.

"Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

psycholist wrote:

> > "J Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> After crash this a.m.
> >>
> >> Any chance this will embolden LA's main rivals?
> >> Jeff

> > It won't affect Discovery now that Hincapie can climb like he did on the
> > Galibier yesterday. It was funny hearing Phil note that George was big
> > and more suited to races like Paris-Roubaix. But this is a diffrent era
> > where pigs can fly.
> >

> I've never understood why everyone thinks George is so big. I guess it's
> just a relative thing. I saw him just after the tour a couple of years ago
> and he looked scrawny.
>
> --
> Bob C.
>
> "Of course it hurts. The trick is not minding that it hurts."
> T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

He's big relative to the pure climbers which is apparent on the big
mountains where they're all that's left. Compared to the average big
fat american (and no doubt some other nationalities) he's tiny.

"psycholist" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> "J Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>> After crash this a.m.
>>>
>>> Any chance this will embolden LA's main rivals?
>>> Jeff

>> It won't affect Discovery now that Hincapie can climb like he did on the
>> Galibier yesterday. It was funny hearing Phil note that George was big
>> and more suited to races like Paris-Roubaix. But this is a diffrent era
>> where pigs can fly.
>>

> I've never understood why everyone thinks George is so big. I guess it's
> just a relative thing. I saw him just after the tour a couple of years
> ago and he looked scrawny.
>
> --
> Bob C.

George Hincpie stats from the Discovery team site.

6'3"
175 lbs.

That gives him a height to weight ratio of 2.33

On the other hand Beltran:

5'10 1/2"
132lbs.

Ratio of 1.87

It's a brave new world. ;-)

Too bad that tbe important number is the power to weight ratio which
you don't seem to have grasped.

Seems to me that Beltran was opengin the road for Armstrong today ?

On 14 Jul 2005 06:50:09 -0700, "Tom Kunich" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Too bad that tbe important number is the power to weight ratio which
>you don't seem to have grasped.

"B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]...

> "J Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > After crash this a.m.
> >
> > Any chance this will embolden LA's main rivals?
> > Jeff

> It won't affect Discovery now that Hincapie can climb like he did on the
> Galibier yesterday.

That's because he trains really hard and because he has a winner's
mentality.

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "B. Lafferty" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "J Jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > After crash this a.m.
>> >
>> > Any chance this will embolden LA's main rivals?
>> > Jeff

>> It won't affect Discovery now that Hincapie can climb like he did on the
>> Galibier yesterday.

> That's because he trains really hard and because he has a winner's
> mentality.

Stupéfier

Interesting point is that after he started winning Tours, Miguel didn't
attack on climbs (see LeMond's 1990 win) like he did in his earlier
years. Instead he used his TT ability to pull out huge amounts of time
and then would only stay with his competition on the climbs.

Right now we see that George is beginning to TT like a champ while
holding his own on hard climbs. Could there be a Yellow Jersey in
future? This is hard to say because George's personality is far more
suited to a stage race than a classic. He doesn't have the drive to
kill the competition that is required in a hard one day. But he DOES
have the drive to finish high day after day after day. Plainly George
could win a Green Jersey had he not other priorities.

Tom Kunich wrote:

> Right now we see that George is beginning to TT like a champ while
> holding his own on hard climbs. Could there be a Yellow Jersey in
> future?

Dumbass -

No.

B. Lafferty wrote:

> It won't affect Discovery now that Hincapie can climb like he did on the
> Galibier yesterday. It was funny hearing Phil note that George was big and
> more suited to races like Paris-Roubaix. But this is a diffrent era where
> pigs can fly.

Dumbass -

Eddy Merckx was a big man, in bike racing terms.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

> B. Lafferty wrote:
>>
>> It won't affect Discovery now that Hincapie can climb like he did on the
>> Galibier yesterday. It was funny hearing Phil note that George was big
>> and
>> more suited to races like Paris-Roubaix. But this is a diffrent era
>> where
>> pigs can fly.

> Dumbass -
>
> Eddy Merckx was a big man, in bike racing terms.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

And if Eddy, in his 1970s condition, had been on the Galibier with
Hincapie, Eddy would have been spat out the back before the climb was half
done.

6'3" 170 is hardly scrawny (unless you ask my wife who thinks all
cyclists are emaciated).

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> Because LANCE is winning, right?

WHERE DID HE SAY THAT????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

B. Lafferty wrote:

> That's because he lost weight, trained his ass off and developed a winning
> mental attitude. ;-)

Dumbass -

Even if he was doped as hell, he would've had to do all those things to
make it happen. Doping, by itself, doesn't do it.

I know a story of a Cat 4 rider who took 'roids because he wanted to be
good. Didn't work because dude didn't like training. It was kinda
funny.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Keith wrote:

> Seems to me that Beltran was opengin the road for Armstrong today ?

Well he certainly left a pothole in it when he landed on his head.

> B. Lafferty wrote:
>>
>> That's because he lost weight, trained his ass off and developed a
>> winning
>> mental attitude. ;-)

> Dumbass -
>
> Even if he was doped as hell, he would've had to do all those things to
> make it happen. Doping, by itself, doesn't do it.
>
> I know a story of a Cat 4 rider who took 'roids because he wanted to be
> good. Didn't work because dude didn't like training. It was kinda
> funny.
>

> thanks,
>
> K. Gringioni.

You either missed J vdS's post or you're humor impaired--maybe both.