Bicyclist road kill... yummy!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Shawn, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. Shawn

    Shawn Guest

    http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=2688635

    Officials are investigating a fatal hit-and-run accident involving an
    apparent bicyclist on Interstate 10 just north of Marana.

    "In my 30 years of law enforcement this is probably the worst scene
    I've ever seen," said DPS Sgt. Gary Durree.

    The Department of Public Safety began receiving phone calls just after
    6:00 p.m. from motorists describing an animal carcass in the middle of
    the westbound lanes.

    When officers arrived they realized the parts on the interstate were
    that of a human.

    DPS shut down all westbound lanes for an 11-mile stretch between Marana
    and Red Rock. Traffic was detoured while DPS completed their
    investigation.

    The victim is described as a white male with a tattoo of a black spider
    on his right shoulder.

    Not one motorist pulled to the side of the interstate to inform DPS of
    what they saw.

    Investigators did find various parts of vehicles in the area as well as
    the bicycle the victim was apparently riding at the time of the
    accident.

    If you have any information about this incident you're asked to call
    the Department of Public Safety at (520)

    Tags:

  2. Shawn wrote:
    > http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=2688635
    >
    > Officials are investigating a fatal hit-and-run accident involving an
    > apparent bicyclist on Interstate 10 just north of Marana. {snip}

    Sorry, I fail to see the humor your subject line implies.
    --
    BS (no, really)

  3. David Reuteler wrote:
    > B i l l S o r n s o n <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> Shawn wrote:
    >>> http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=2688635
    >>>
    >>> Officials are investigating a fatal hit-and-run accident involving
    >>> an apparent bicyclist on Interstate 10 just north of Marana. {snip}

    >> Sorry, I fail to see the humor your subject line implies.

    > that would be a troll, bill.

    But...but...it's not cross-posted to 14 groups -- AND it's not from some
    anonymous Hotmail or Yahoo yahoo.

    Bill "trollers today" S.

  4. B i l l S o r n s o n <[email protected]> wrote:
    > David Reuteler wrote:
    >> that would be a troll, bill.

    > But...but...it's not cross-posted to 14 groups -- AND it's not from some
    > anonymous Hotmail or Yahoo yahoo.

    i'd say they do that to keep ya guessing but, err, it *IS* from some yahoo
    yahoo ([email protected]). geez bill, .. skippin' ..
    --
    david reuteler
    [email protected]

  5. Bill Baka

    Bill Baka Guest

    On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 23:31:53 GMT, B i l l S o r n s o n
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Shawn wrote:
    >> http://kvoa.com/Global/story.asp?S=2688635
    >>
    >> Officials are investigating a fatal hit-and-run accident involving an
    >> apparent bicyclist on Interstate 10 just north of Marana. {snip}

    > Sorry, I fail to see the humor your subject line implies.

    Me too. Just tell me where that is so I never ride it. Pretty bad
    when people run over something as large as a human bicyclist and
    start to smoosh it like a dead dog.
    Yuck!!

    --
    Bill (?) Baka

  6. Bill Baka

    Bill Baka Guest

    On 15 Dec 2004 01:52:01 GMT, David Reuteler <[email protected]> wrote:

    > B i l l S o r n s o n <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> David Reuteler wrote:
    >>> that would be a troll, bill.

    >> But...but...it's not cross-posted to 14 groups -- AND it's not from some
    >> anonymous Hotmail or Yahoo yahoo.

    > i'd say they do that to keep ya guessing but, err, it *IS* from some
    > yahoo
    > yahoo ([email protected]). geez bill, .. skippin' ..

    Don't look at this Bill, I have been trying to be civilized this
    last week or so, and too busy at Christmas season to be posting
    that much. December = less riding, more friends and family.
    January is back to the real riding for me.

    --
    Bill (?) Baka