Brits Set To Justify Iraq War

zapper said:
Yes..the English...great critics, Monday morning quarterbacks…God love’em. Funny, the ones I have met in person are polar opposites to most of those that “claim’ to be so on this board…I wonder if booger really is English or just a poser???
I have met congenial gent's from England but, I have also encountered "snobby" examples too. The moment the "snobby" one's hear my American accent, the aire of superiority begins.

davidmc said:
Good one Colorado Ryder. I sense a feeling of resentment in many post's from that side of the pond & I suspect that is why. Their gov't, at that time, governed too "heavy-handedly" & consequently raised ire/resentment over here. That was then, this is now.
I thought he could come up with better examples of political prisoners. I knew he was talking out his a$$ when I asked about political prisoners and he couldn't even come up with Peltier or Mumia Jamal. But even they have committed crimes. Darkboong is willing to ignore their crimes because their politics is in line with his.

davidmc said:
I have met congenial gent's from England but, I have also encountered "snobby" examples too. The moment the "snobby" one's here my American accent, the aire of superiority begins.
We "Band of Brothers".

Colorado Ryder said:
I thought he could come up with better examples of political prisoners. I knew he was talking out his a$$ when I asked about political prisoners and he couldn't even come up with Peltier or Mumia Jamal. But even they have committed crimes. Darkboong is willing to ignore their crimes because their politics is in line with his.
Yes, even teenagers over here are aware of Mumia & Pelatier. It's practically a right of passage for youngsters to put "Free Peletier" bumper-stickers on their "hoopties" (3rd-hand car's))

darkboong said:
Pfft, so what ? That doesn't necessarily make him a drug trafficker or a bad person. To reiterate for the hard of understanding : Hanging out with drug traffickers does not make you a drug trafficker, in the same way that wearing a pair of expensive trainers does not make you Michael Jordan. Duh.
You can tell a lot about a person by the friends he choses. Are you really this ignorant?

davidmc said:
Yes, even teenagers over here are aware of Mumia & Pelatier. It's practically a right of passage for youngsters to put "Free Peletier" bumper-stickers on their "hoopties" (3rd-hand car's))
I don't know if they're innocent or guilty. But as with Muniz associating with drug traffickers, where there is smoke there is fire. I think most of his post are really anti-American trash wrapped in human rights BS.

Colorado Ryder said:
I don't know if they're innocent or guilty. But as with Muniz associating with drug traffickers, where there is smoke there is fire. I think most of his post are really anti-American trash wrapped in human rights BS.
Not necessarily. Ever heard of informants? It's an unsavory/tough job.

davidmc said:
Not necessarily. Ever heard of informants? It's an unsavory/tough job.
An upstanding citizen associating with drug traffickers. Why would a person engaged in "political dissent" associate with drug traffickers? Does just knowing a drug trafficker make you guilty? No. But associating with them indicates quite a bit more involvement.

Colorado Ryder said:
An upstanding citizen associating with drug traffickers. Why would a person engaged in "political dissent" associate with drug traffickers? Does just knowing a drug trafficker make you guilty? No. But associating with them indicates quite a bit more involvement.
Peabody won't find anything wrong with it for they are his old friends... :rolleyes:

davidmc said:
I have met congenial gent's from England but, I have also encountered "snobby" examples too. The moment the "snobby" one's hear my American accent, the aire of superiority begins.
Yeah the ones I met prior to deploying to eyerak were great. We bought each other beers and as we were on our way out told us to take out the bloody french enroute...

zapper said:
Yes..the English...great critics, Monday morning quarterbacks…God love’em. Funny, the ones I have met in person are polar opposites to most of those that “claim’ to be so on this board…I wonder if booger really is English or just a poser???

My family "settled" on English soil in 1066. :)

I've never played American Football, doesn't look like a particularly great game to play. Not even the schoolgirls wear body-armor to play Hockey over here. I played Rugby Union mostly as a blindside flanker (without padding or armor, although I did use a gumshield).

davidmc said:
Good one Colorado Ryder. I sense a feeling of resentment in many post's from that side of the pond & I suspect that is why. Their gov't, at that time, governed too "heavy-handedly" & consequently raised ire/resentment over here. That was then, this is now.

So you can see why I'm so against the Empire Building that America is indulging in over in the Middle East. For the record I don't refer to America as "The Colonies", if anything it is Britain that is "Airstrip 1"... I can't say I like voting for a government and then getting our policy decided in Washington. :|

darkboong said:

I've never played American Football, doesn't look like a particularly great game to play. Not even the schoolgirls wear body-armor to play Hockey over here. I played Rugby Union mostly as a blindside flanker (without padding or armor, although I did use a gumshield).

Openside myself.
A great game to play.
Yep, no padding of any kind required.
Good manly game.

1066 - that's makes you English, so.

darkboong said:

Utter ridiculous…A human body is a human body no matter where it is born… Yes, rugby a little different game.. But we wear helmets which would crush your ribs and knock you unconscious. You may be my guest to come out to the local high school here and play a little foot ball with out “body armor” as you call it..I’d give you about 2 minutes… Especially if pummeled by a 300+ pound slab of meat…

limerickman said:
Openside myself.
A great game to play.
Yep, no padding of any kind required.
Good manly game.

1066 - that's makes you English, so.
Surely Norman French.

In some ways, anti Americanism does seem to be getting a lot worse over here. To be frank with you, the reason behind this is America's image problem. Somehow we have this image of America that's tied in with George W Bush as opposed to, say, Madonna.
This is why you folks need to get rid of Junior as he's a dead duck. Let's face it, any company from whatever part of the globe has to have the right image and the representation of the USA people are picking up comes from the Bush factor. They see hypocrisy, ignorance, intolerance and narrow mindedness.
The Americans I met or worked with during my travels simply don't fit that description and I found they got on very well with the English or Irish, as a whole. The Russians had similar problems with Boris Yeltsin who came across as a drunken old man who ruled a nation of tipplers.

davidmc said:

zapper said:
Yes, rugby a little different game.. But we wear helmets which would crush your ribs and knock you unconscious. You may be my guest to come out to the local high school here and play a little foot ball with out “body armor” as you call it..I’d give you about 2 minutes… Especially if pummeled by a 300+ pound slab of meat…

So ?

Rugby is played without padding.

Of course if someone has a helmet and runs in to someone with no protection they will do damage.

I'd like to see your overweight 300lb slob play rugby.
Wouldn't last 2 minutes, i reckon.

limerickman said:
But if his family have been in England since 1066, surely 10 centuries of residence qualifies him as english ?
Of course it does, I was referring to origin for our American friends.

Carrera said:
In some ways, anti Americanism does seem to be getting a lot worse over here. To be frank with you, the reason behind this is America's image problem. Somehow we have this image of America that's tied in with George W Bush as opposed to, say, Madonna.
This is why you folks need to get rid of Junior as he's a dead duck. Let's face it, any company from whatever part of the globe has to have the right image and the representation of the USA people are picking up comes from the Bush factor. They see hypocrisy, ignorance, intolerance and narrow mindedness.
The Americans I met or worked with during my travels simply don't fit that description and I found they got on very well with the English or Irish, as a whole. The Russians had similar problems with Boris Yeltsin who came across as a drunken old man who ruled a nation of tipplers.

99.99% of Americans I have met, are very nice polite people.
But some of them, must have voted for GWB.
Which makes me wonder.
Of those 99.99% of people who I found to be very polite, how many actually support the illegal actions of Bush.