Brits Set To Justify Iraq War

darkboong said:
I have already given the names of a few specific examples. That's a lot more than you have done to prove that there 800,000 people are held in China as political prisoners. Take your own advice mate.

You haven't even provided any evidence that there were 800,000 political prisoners to start with, let alone evidence that they are "never heard from again". Do you have any evidence to back up your allegations or are you just pissing into the wind (yet again) ?
All you've done is back up the number of incarerated. Those that committed criminal acts. Then you try to bring those that are being held because of the Patriot act. How many of them are there? You state there are many but where is your proof? Name some of the political prisoners being held by the US.

Carrera said:
I concede he might well be right on the Tories, after I heard Michael Howard is now trying to say he backs the Iraq war but on a different basis. So, he has a go at Blair for going to war and subtly adds he would have done the same but not on the basis of WMD.
But your comments would be certainly accurate if they were applied to Fred C instead, I think, as his numbers and facts certainly don't add up.
FredC is light years ahead of you buddy....

darkboong said:
The answer is obvious : You have your head up your **** when you read and post.
Gee funny,,,,I don't smell it when I post or read others postings...only your posts seem to emit a foul odor...

zapper said:
Gee funny,,,,I don't smell it when I post or read others postings...only your posts seem to emit a foul odor...

The reason for that is that you read my posts first because they are so enlightening and witty, then you get onto the other folk's posts. By the time you get the other folks posts you have become used to your foul odour.

darkboong said:
The reason for that is that you read my posts first because they are so enlightening and witty, then you get onto the other folk's posts. By the time you get the other folks posts you have become used to your foul odour.
Sorry to burst your bubble but your post are weak, full of malarkey and they stink....There is not a delayed reaction going on here...Face it...You pull **** out of your ass...that is your place in life..accept it, embrace it...know your destiny...No need to be ashamed…

Colorado Ryder said:
All you've done is back up the number of incarerated.
Those that committed criminal acts. Then you try to bring those that are being held because of the Patriot act. How many of them are there? You state there are many but where is your proof? Name some of the political prisoners being held by the US.

Quote me on that one. AFAIK I made it clear that it was my suspicion, not fact. By contrast you are assert that China has detained 800,000 prisoners, and that most of them have disappeared. You haven't provided one source or one shred of evidence to back up your claims.

BTW : I did post a few names of political prisoners held in the US over the last couple of years. Follow it up yourself.

darkboong said:
Quote me on that one. AFAIK I made it clear that it was my suspicion, not fact. By contrast you are assert that China has detained 800,000 prisoners, and that most of them have disappeared. You haven't provided one source or one shred of evidence to back up your claims.

BTW : I did post a few names of political prisoners held in the US over the last couple of years. Follow it up yourself.
No actually China did release one Muslim woman. They must be trying to shed their horrid human rights record.

Names of political prisoners......lets see...

James Yee.....suspected of running a spyring
Yaser Hamdi...captured in Afghanistan collaborating with the Taliban
Ramsey Muniz.....in prison for drug trafficking

These are your political prisoners?

Colorado Ryder said:
No actually China did release one Muslim woman. They must be trying to shed their horrid human rights record.

Names of political prisoners......lets see...

James Yee.....suspected of running a spyring
Yaser Hamdi...captured in Afghanistan collaborating with the Taliban
Ramsey Muniz.....in prison for drug trafficking

These are your political prisoners?

They are examples of prisoners that are reasonably well known, who have had weak politically motivated cases brought against them. I very much doubt that they are the *only* such cases in the US, particularly in the light of experience with how our Government has handled Northern Ireland over the the years.

In the case of Yaser Hamdi no charges were ever brought.
In the case of Ramsey Muniz the case against him was so weak that it amounted to Guilt by Association. A number of the folks prosecuting him had a (political) axe to grind against him too.
James Yee was publically denounced by his prosecutors to make a political point. The evidence was again extremely weak.

Now, let's see where you got the 800,000 figure from and let's see what evidence you have for your claim that most of them won't be seen again.

darkboong said:
They are examples of prisoners that are reasonably well known, who have had weak politically motivated cases brought against them. I very much doubt that they are the *only* such cases in the US, particularly in the light of experience with how our Government has handled Northern Ireland over the the years.

In the case of Yaser Hamdi no charges were ever brought.
In the case of Ramsey Muniz the case against him was so weak that it amounted to Guilt by Association. A number of the folks prosecuting him had a (political) axe to grind against him too.
James Yee was publically denounced by his prosecutors to make a political point. The evidence was again extremely weak.

Now, let's see where you got the 800,000 figure from and let's see what evidence you have for your claim that most of them won't be seen again.
I get it. The evidence is weak so therefore they are innocent.
James Yee was suspected of running a spyring. Last I heard spying was a criminal offense.
Ramsey Muniz was engaged in drug trafficking. Again a criminal offense.
Yaser Hamdi an American citizen aiding the Taliban. Should have been
treason.

Funny how all those you listed were engaged in suspiciously close to criminal behavior or outright illegal activity. And by the way, how many IRA "political prisoners" are being held in British prisons?

Colorado Ryder said:
I get it. The evidence is weak so therefore they are innocent.

Not necessarily, although there wasn't enough to convict those folks *honestly*.

Colorado Ryder said:
James Yee was suspected of running a spyring. Last I heard spying was a criminal offense.

There was zilch *evidence* to support that, which is why he wasn't convicted. However his name was *very* publically dragged through the mud by the politicians, and that made him a political prisoner.

Colorado Ryder said:
Ramsey Muniz was engaged in drug trafficking. Again a criminal offense.

He was convicted of drug-trafficking on the basis of him being sat in a police informant's car that was carrying drugs (placed there by agreement between the officers and the informant). There was no evidence of Muniz being "engaged in drug trafficking", it was guilt by association.

If you ****** someone off enough you could be framed that way yourself, it wouldn't be the first or last time that happened either. There's a lot of political background to the Muniz case.

Colorado Ryder said:
Yaser Hamdi an American citizen aiding the Taliban. Should have been
treason.

Rather strange that no charges were brought seeing as it was such a clear cut case isn't it ? Any ideas why that might be ? Any idea why Saudi Arabia would demur at punishing the guy ? They don't have a reputation for mercy or squeamishness. Again the guy was a political prisoner, detained without charge and forcibly repatriated.

Colorado Ryder said:
Funny how all those you listed were engaged in suspiciously close to criminal behavior or outright illegal activity. And by the way, how many IRA "political
prisoners" are being held in British prisons?

Far fewer than there used to be and that's a good thing, although the Government is trying to replace them with Muslims instead.

Political prisoners are frequently framed for crimes other than political dissent in order to get them off the streets.

davidmc said:
Heard the same thing. He referred to the use of the term "strong measures" in UN 1441 & said it did not meet the req't of past documents to declare war. Those past said "all means necessary". They did indicate that Bush had the approval of Congress but that Blair did not have that type of carte blanche. Will blair still win :confused:

To answer your question David - I think Bliar will win the election.
His majority will be cut but I think he will win the election.

The opposition in Britain (Conservative and Liberal Democrats) will make gains but not enough to oust Bliar.

darkboong said:
Not necessarily, although there wasn't enough to convict those folks *honestly*.

There was zilch *evidence* to support that, which is why he wasn't convicted. However his name was *very* publically dragged through the mud by the politicians, and that made him a political prisoner.

He was convicted of drug-trafficking on the basis of him being sat in a police informant's car that was carrying drugs (placed there by agreement between the officers and the informant). There was no evidence of Muniz being "engaged in drug trafficking", it was guilt by association.

If you ****** someone off enough you could be framed that way yourself, it wouldn't be the first or last time that happened either. There's a lot of political background to the Muniz case.

Rather strange that no charges were brought seeing as it was such a clear cut case isn't it ? Any ideas why that might be ? Any idea why Saudi Arabia would demur at punishing the guy ? They don't have a reputation for mercy or squeamishness. Again the guy was a political prisoner, detained without charge and forcibly repatriated.

Far fewer than there used to be and that's a good thing, although the Government is trying to replace them with Muslims instead.

Political prisoners are frequently framed for crimes other than political dissent in order to get them off the streets.
Let's see.............Muniz is in a police car with a drug informant. He just happened to associate with drug traffickers? Get real. He was such a lovely guy and all around moral good guy. He just couldn't help hangin out with drug traffickers.
Hamdi...no evidence...well wouldn't most of the witnesses be dead in Afghanistan or unwilling to testify against him? Now there is no way that could ever be the case.
Yee....no evidence admissable in court....Was he innocent?
Gee OJ was found innocent. Did that make him a political prisoner?

Colorado Ryder said:
Let's see.............Muniz is in a police car with a drug informant. He just happened to associate with drug traffickers? Get real. He was such a lovely guy and all around moral good guy. He just couldn't help hangin out with drug traffickers.

Pfft, so what ? That doesn't necessarily make him a drug trafficker or a bad person. To reiterate for the hard of understanding : Hanging out with drug traffickers does not make you a drug trafficker, in the same way that wearing a pair of expensive trainers does not make you Michael Jordan. Duh.

If hanging out with drug traffickers makes you automatically guilty then there are a hell of a lot of Lawyers, Policemen, Judges, Politicians, Hollywood Stars, Athletes and ordinary people who need to be locked up. With dumbass thinking like that going on in the US it's no wonder that it has a vastly higher percentage of it's population behind bars than China.

Colorado Ryder said:
Hamdi...no evidence...well wouldn't most of the witnesses be dead in Afghanistan or unwilling to testify against him?

AFAICT he was detained because he was in Afghanistan and for no other reason. If that is a crime then you have a perfectly good case and a bunch of cast-iron witnesses, ie: the soldiers who apprehended him in the first place. Fact is : It ain't a crime so there were no charges brought.

Colorado Ryder said:
Yee....no evidence admissable in court....Was he innocent?

He wasn't found guilty because the case was ********. If the case is weak the chances are there ain't a case.

Colorado Ryder said:
Gee OJ was found innocent. Did that make him a political prisoner?

Nope. He wasn't arrested for his faith, politics or beliefs.

I have noticed that people have started thinking of the USA like they used to think of Russia in the 80s. I never thought I would see that day. Strange times.

darkboong said:
AFAICT he was detained because he was in Afghanistan and for no other reason. If that is a crime then you have a perfectly good case and a bunch of cast-iron witnesses, ie: the soldiers who apprehended him in the first place. Fact is : It ain't a crime so there were no charges brought.

Being there isn't a crime. His actions there are. What was he doing in Afghanistan. Must have been doing humanitarian work. You know it and I know it he wasn't there for innocent activities. Of course for you to admit that would go against your 'politics'.

He wasn't found guilty because the case was ********. If the case is weak the chances are there ain't a case.

Really. Capone was never convicted for his mafia crimes. The case was always to weak. Guess he was innocent. He was finally jailed on tax evasion.

Nope. He wasn't arrested for his faith, politics or beliefs.

I have noticed that people have started thinking of the USA like they used to think of Russia in the 80s. I never thought I would see that day. Strange times.
Russia was really bad in the 80's. That period under Stalin from the 1930's to 1953 was beautiful.

darkboong said:
Things are looking up. Repub's might have to relent on some issue's & practice some bipartisanship :)

"GOP weighs retreat on ethics committee
Move could lead to investigation of Rep. DeLay"

The Associated Press
Updated: 9:33 a.m. ET April 27, 2005

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7653310

darkboong said:
Where are you from booger?

Colorado Ryder said:
He's English. Probably still refers to us as the colonies.
Yes..the English...great critics, Monday morning quarterbacks…God love’em. Funny, the ones I have met in person are polar opposites to most of those that “claim’ to be so on this board…I wonder if booger really is English or just a poser???

Colorado Ryder said:
He's English. Probably still refers to us as the colonies.
Good one Colorado Ryder. I sense a feeling of resentment in many post's from that side of the pond & I suspect that is why. Their gov't, at that time, governed too "heavy-handedly" & consequently raised ire/resentment over here. That was then, this is now.