Campanolo 9spd/10spd

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tony

This question has probably been covered before, my apologies if it has. Is there the a problem
running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd rear mech., am I correct in assuming the
chainrings are the same as 9 spd. I just seem to be having chain alignment problems, it is on my
training bike and am just running friction levers and not Ergo's. Any info would be great.

In article <3eb846f1@info-int>, Tony <[email protected]> wrote:
>This question has probably been covered before, my apologies if it has. Is there the a problem
>running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd rear mech., am I correct in assuming the
>chainrings are the same as 9 spd.

Should work fine even though slightly different.

>I just seem to be having chain alignment problems, it is on my training bike and am just running
>friction levers and not Ergo's. Any info would be great.

It might be possible to make a better guess about what to do if you describe the rest of the
drivetrain and frame type.

Are you running a 102mm Chorus or Record bottom bracket?

--Paul

I am running a Campag C9 chain, Veloce Rear mech, Giant CFR 57cm, 102 BB "Paul Southworth"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Z2Yta.34999$A%[email protected]...
> In article <3eb846f1@info-int>, Tony <[email protected]> wrote:
> >This question has probably been covered before, my apologies if it has.
Is
> >there the a problem running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd rear mech., am I
> >correct in assuming the chainrings are the same as 9 spd.
>
> Should work fine even though slightly different.
>
> >I just seem to be having chain alignment problems, it is on my training
bike
> >and am just running friction levers and not Ergo's. Any info would be great.
>
> It might be possible to make a better guess about what to do if you describe the rest of the
> drivetrain and frame type.
>
> Are you running a 102mm Chorus or Record bottom bracket?
>
> --Paul

cycle quickly-<< Is there the a problem running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd
rear mech., am I correct in assuming the chainrings are the same as 9 spd.

There is no problem altho the 10s big ring is offset a wee bit towards the small ring but it works
great with even 8s stuff...certainly ok with 9s components and chain.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> cycle quickly-<< Is there the a problem running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd
> rear mech., am I correct in assuming the chainrings are the same as 9 spd.
>
> There is no problem altho the 10s big ring is offset a wee bit towards the small ring but it works
> great with even 8s stuff...certainly ok with 9s components and chain.
>

I ran 10 speed chainrings with my Record 9 rear setup and Peter's right. It does work fine. However,
I did get very slight constant chain sounds when on the big chainring, and since I spend most of my
time there I ended up swapping for a real 9sp chainring.

You can also install a set of washers that will space the 10sp chainring so that it's positioned
properly. Don't know their measurement offhand.

HTH,

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.