Campanolo 9spd/10spd

Tony

Guest
This question has probably been covered before, my apologies if it has. Is there the a problem
running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd rear mech., am I correct in assuming the
chainrings are the same as 9 spd. I just seem to be having chain alignment problems, it is on my
training bike and am just running friction levers and not Ergo's. Any info would be great.

In article <3eb846f1@info-int>, Tony <[email protected]> wrote:
>This question has probably been covered before, my apologies if it has. Is there the a problem
>running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd rear mech., am I correct in assuming the
>chainrings are the same as 9 spd.

Should work fine even though slightly different.

>I just seem to be having chain alignment problems, it is on my training bike and am just running
>friction levers and not Ergo's. Any info would be great.

It might be possible to make a better guess about what to do if you describe the rest of the
drivetrain and frame type.

Are you running a 102mm Chorus or Record bottom bracket?

--Paul

I am running a Campag C9 chain, Veloce Rear mech, Giant CFR 57cm, 102 BB "Paul Southworth"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Z2Yta.34999$A%[email protected]...
> In article <3eb846f1@info-int>, Tony <[email protected]> wrote:
> >This question has probably been covered before, my apologies if it has.
Is
> >there the a problem running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd rear mech., am I
> >correct in assuming the chainrings are the same as 9 spd.
>
> Should work fine even though slightly different.
>
> >I just seem to be having chain alignment problems, it is on my training
bike
> >and am just running friction levers and not Ergo's. Any info would be great.
>
> It might be possible to make a better guess about what to do if you describe the rest of the
> drivetrain and frame type.
>
> Are you running a 102mm Chorus or Record bottom bracket?
>
> --Paul

cycle quickly-<< Is there the a problem running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd
rear mech., am I correct in assuming the chainrings are the same as 9 spd.

There is no problem altho the 10s big ring is offset a wee bit towards the small ring but it works
great with even 8s stuff...certainly ok with 9s components and chain.

> cycle quickly-<< Is there the a problem running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd
> rear mech., am I correct in assuming the chainrings are the same as 9 spd.
>
> There is no problem altho the 10s big ring is offset a wee bit towards the small ring but it works
> great with even 8s stuff...certainly ok with 9s components and chain.

I ran 10 speed chainrings with my Record 9 rear setup and Peter's right. It does work fine. However,
I did get very slight constant chain sounds when on the big chainring, and since I spend most of my
time there I ended up swapping for a real 9sp chainring.

You can also install a set of washers that will space the 10sp chainring so that it's positioned
properly. Don't know their measurement offhand.

HTH,

Lee