Campanolo 9spd/10spd

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tony, May 6, 2003.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    This question has probably been covered before, my apologies if it has. Is there the a problem
    running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd rear mech., am I correct in assuming the
    chainrings are the same as 9 spd. I just seem to be having chain alignment problems, it is on my
    training bike and am just running friction levers and not Ergo's. Any info would be great.

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, Tony <[email protected]> wrote:
    >This question has probably been covered before, my apologies if it has. Is there the a problem
    >running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd rear mech., am I correct in assuming the
    >chainrings are the same as 9 spd.

    Should work fine even though slightly different.

    >I just seem to be having chain alignment problems, it is on my training bike and am just running
    >friction levers and not Ergo's. Any info would be great.

    It might be possible to make a better guess about what to do if you describe the rest of the
    drivetrain and frame type.

    Are you running a 102mm Chorus or Record bottom bracket?

    --Paul

  3. Tony

    Tony Guest

    I am running a Campag C9 chain, Veloce Rear mech, Giant CFR 57cm, 102 BB "Paul Southworth"
    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Z2Yta.34999$A%[email protected]...
    > In article <[email protected]>, Tony <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >This question has probably been covered before, my apologies if it has.
    Is
    > >there the a problem running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd rear mech., am I
    > >correct in assuming the chainrings are the same as 9 spd.
    >
    > Should work fine even though slightly different.
    >
    > >I just seem to be having chain alignment problems, it is on my training
    bike
    > >and am just running friction levers and not Ergo's. Any info would be great.
    >
    > It might be possible to make a better guess about what to do if you describe the rest of the
    > drivetrain and frame type.
    >
    > Are you running a 102mm Chorus or Record bottom bracket?
    >
    > --Paul

  4. cycle quickly-<< Is there the a problem running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd
    rear mech., am I correct in assuming the chainrings are the same as 9 spd.

    There is no problem altho the 10s big ring is offset a wee bit towards the small ring but it works
    great with even 8s stuff...certainly ok with 9s components and chain.

  5. Lee

    Lee Guest

    > cycle quickly-<< Is there the a problem running Chorus 10 spd Chainset with 9 spd chain and 9 spd
    > rear mech., am I correct in assuming the chainrings are the same as 9 spd.
    >
    > There is no problem altho the 10s big ring is offset a wee bit towards the small ring but it works
    > great with even 8s stuff...certainly ok with 9s components and chain.

    I ran 10 speed chainrings with my Record 9 rear setup and Peter's right. It does work fine. However,
    I did get very slight constant chain sounds when on the big chainring, and since I spend most of my
    time there I ended up swapping for a real 9sp chainring.

    You can also install a set of washers that will space the 10sp chainring so that it's positioned
    properly. Don't know their measurement offhand.

    HTH,

    Lee