Cancellara

ad9898 said:
you know all this forum does is talk and speculate about dope, its in every single thread, the irony is, the forum itself is on dope, without it, it would pretty much not exist. :rolleyes:
And because you frequent this said "doping forum", the apparent indication is that you too are doped...:D

Anticyclone said:
I was amazed at his prologue in London last year. If we take the Astana riders out of it (selective but perhaps not unfair) then he won a flat 8km prologue by 23 seconds.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007//tour07/?id=results/tour070
Obviously the form that he was in the beginning of 2007 Tour was amazing but also in such a short and technical prologue his Valentino Rossi-like riding must make several seconds!

The top swimmers are all on a program. That's no secret.

NBC is once again pimping Phelps, so I wonder if they'd get just as much mileage if a positive test was made public?

Grater said:
Cancellara is on some good ****. After the work he did on the Cat 1 and outside Cat climbs in the Tour de France dropping off pure climbers on top of his outstanding last time trial on top of a hard road race. To come out and do that after what he's done in the last month is not right. Yes he is the best in the world at this discipline, but come on. He is super human at the moment.

Schumacher failed, Kirchen failed. They have had hard programmes over the last few months and they showed they are human. Cancellara didn't. Cancellara is super human.

Read your own conclusions into it, but mine is quite simple.

Cancellara is on some great undetectable ****!
ha! your post had some substance till Kirchen and Schumacher were mentioned, then you just lost all credibility. Time to take off the one eyed team Columbia beer goggles and stop being a ******.

Cancellara often makes up time in his ITTs on the corners and descents. He's one of the best handlers in the peloton, certainly of a TT rig. While I make fun of triathletes all the time (mostly because they often can't hold a line, are prone to surging in a pack - especially when they get to the front - and have a tendency to run into parked cars on Beach Rd) those TT bikes are bloody hard to steer. Cancellara makes it look easy. Plus, he attacks at the right time. His race sense is excellent.

So yeah, it might be dope, but it's not all dope. The boy can really ride.

The issue is, CSC has one of the most intensive testing regimes out there. If our boy Fabian is on the gear, then the testers are so far behind the eightball it's not worth thinking about. And the betrayal of the fans by CSC, if they are doping, is worse than teams like USPS and ONCE, who never really pretended to be holier than thou, save a few notable exceptions.

I think that's why Cancellara's rides stick in the craw. Fans are far too jaded now to take them at face value - and the implications of people's suspicions being right are deeply depressing indeed.

For mine, I'll reserve judgment till I see a bit more evidence.

oely said:
ha! your post had some substance till Kirchen and Schumacher were mentioned, then you just lost all credibility. Time to take off the one eyed team Columbia beer goggles and stop being a ******.
hahhaha oely

always the man for sober criticism of forum hyperbole

alz
oely said:
Last time I looked, Schumacher didn't ride for Columbia.

Runitout said:
Cancellara often makes up time in his ITTs on the corners and descents. He's one of the best handlers in the peloton, certainly of a TT rig. While I make fun of triathletes all the time (mostly because they often can't hold a line, are prone to surging in a pack - especially when they get to the front - and have a tendency to run into parked cars on Beach Rd) those TT bikes are bloody hard to steer. Cancellara makes it look easy. Plus, he attacks at the right time. His race sense is excellent.

So yeah, it might be dope, but it's not all dope. The boy can really ride.

The issue is, CSC has one of the most intensive testing regimes out there. If our boy Fabian is on the gear, then the testers are so far behind the eightball it's not worth thinking about. And the betrayal of the fans by CSC, if they are doping, is worse than teams like USPS and ONCE, who never really pretended to be holier than thou, save a few notable exceptions.

I think that's why Cancellara's rides stick in the craw. Fans are far too jaded now to take them at face value - and the implications of people's suspicions being right are deeply depressing indeed.

For mine, I'll reserve judgment till I see a bit more evidence.
Is Parawolf a trihardilete?

To be fair to Cancellara's tour performance he didnt do well in the first week but did better later on. Maybe his training had been aimed at this? In the first week he tried one late attack which got him nowhere and he came 5th in a time trial he was expected to win.