Contraversial comments, what do you think should happen next?

exchangeandmart

Aug 3, 2009
Anyone else heard/read about this? James Martin is in trouble after claiming he inflicted "sheer terror" on cyclists. The television presenter, writing in a magazine column, told how he forced a group into a hedge while test-driving a sports car. He described the incident as the "best thing I've ever seen in my rear-view mirror. I expect you all some pretty strong thoughts about this!

exchangeandmart said:
Anyone else heard/read about this? James Martin is in trouble after claiming he inflicted "sheer terror" on cyclists. The television presenter, writing in a magazine column, told how he forced a group into a hedge while test-driving a sports car. He described the incident as the "best thing I've ever seen in my rear-view mirror. I expect you all some pretty strong thoughts about this!

Unfortunately there are idiots like that on the roads, just yesterday a van cut me up to turn left and he was in the outside lane, I'm not exactly invisible. And today the same happened with a sports car driver only this time I gave him rude hand signals.

Yes unfortunately this happens everywhere in the world

Have a read of this from Sydney
Driver found guilty over cycle smash | The Australian

This guys pulls in front of a pack and slams his brakes on, making all the riders crash either onto the road or into his car.
He misses court 4 times, and only gets a $1200 fine.
$45000 worth of damage to the bikes & not to mention medical bills & so on, and he only gets a $1200 fine.

Yep, it was all a-Twitter, last week.

The Mail cut the (worst) offending paragraph and the **** apologised ... sort of, without admitting guilt.

I write this from a hospital bed, after being mowed down by a red-light-running pickup truck.

randochap said:
Yep, it was all a-Twitter, last week.

The Mail cut the (worst) offending paragraph and the **** apologised ... sort of, without admitting guilt.

I write this from a hospital bed, after being mowed down by a red-light-running pickup truck.

Ouch. How's the bike?