CyclingForums.com anti-USA, Why?

FredC said:
Bush doesn't give a ****, for him it's heads up no limit texas hold 'em. Dead stacks of american citizens versus oil chips for his company.
One of the things I most despise about dubya is the cynical,sanctimonious and hypocritical way he keeps coming out with this drivel about freedom for the iraqi people.Freedom my ****...it's freedom for the oil companies and nothing else.

He has beady little ferret eyes too.

Yes, this is true. Bush is a bit of a hypocrite. Funnily enough, though, those folks who said his second term would be far milder were right. He seems to have calmed down a lot and realised he made a balls up of the Iraq war.
It's either going to be Arnie in office or Hilary Clinton.

stevebaby said:
One of the things I most despise about dubya is the cynical,sanctimonious and hypocritical way he keeps coming out with this drivel about freedom for the iraqi people.Freedom my ****...it's freedom for the oil companies and nothing else.

There was a time, soon as I saw Bush on TV I had to switch it off quick. His hypocrisy drove me nuts. What changed is, I feel sure he knows he goofed. Bush has been weakened politically so I figure H.C. will start in a new direction. The funny thing is Kerry or Clinton may take a harder line on Iran than Bush in his second term who is more limited by his unpopularity.

stevebaby said:

I wonder what WURM will do when Bush leaves? It could be the end of WURM - like David with no Goliath. :D

stevebaby said:

Carrera said:
Yes, this is true. Bush is a bit of a hypocrite. Funnily enough, though, those folks who said his second term would be far milder were right. He seems to have calmed down a lot and realised he made a balls up of the Iraq war.
It's either going to be Arnie in office or Hilary Clinton.
The constitution of the us requires that the president be native born.Arnie's out.
:)
Do you think that america would elect a woman president?I rather think that there are too many conservatives in the heartland who would see hilary's place as being in the kitchen.Republican or democrat...I don't think they are that progressive.Stranger things (thatcher) have happened though.

Carrera said:
There was a time, soon as I saw Bush on TV I had to switch it off quick. His hypocrisy drove me nuts. What changed is, I feel sure he knows he goofed. Bush has been weakened politically so I figure H.C. will start in a new direction. The funny thing is Kerry or Clinton may take a harder line on Iran than Bush in his second term who is more limited by his unpopularity.
Yes,I'll agree with you about kerry and clinton.Look how many Labour voters were betrayed by blair.

stevebaby said:
The constitution of the us requires that the president be native born.Arnie's out.
:)
Do you think that america would elect a woman president?I rather think that there are too many conservatives in the heartland who would see hilary's place as being in the kitchen.Republican or democrat...I don't think they are that progressive.Stranger things (thatcher) have happened though.
No one would want Hilary in the kitchen, LOL. Or apparently in the bedroom either (ask Bill). I, for one, would vote for a conservative woman president. BTW, it is the conservative, non "progressive" Bush that you all hate so much that has a black woman in his most important Cabinet position, not as some friggin' token Surgeon General :eek: .

Eldron said:
Eldron's advice:

Cry us a river - boo hoo - then build a bridge and get over it.

Nothing personal - I hate everybody.

ps: learn the difference between their and there - that's why I hate americans - they can't spell worth doggy poo.

That and because you're fat, overpatriotic, world series playing, pollution causing, carbon dioxide belching, war waging, rah rah america, loud, obnoxious, suck at real sports, indian killing, finger pointing merkins.

Other than that I really like americans - pan fried with a good merlot.

Ok ok now that you're boiling mad - I was just kidding...

Some of my best friends are americans :D

It's those aussies I really dislike (feeling better stevebaby - I know you were complaining about oz not receiving it's fair share of hate postings lately).

The french suck too :)
Good post. Though let's not forget that Eats, Shoots and Leaves was written by a Brit. Great book for anyone who grinds their teeth over poor spelling and grammar. This bothers me far more than you people criticizing my beloved country!

MountainPro said:
I would like to distance the UK from the US politically but not lose them as an ally.

Ha! Well doesn't everyone?! Keep America as an ally, just don't be an ally. Do you use all your friends in that manner? I know, I know, you're going to say we are using you. But almost everyone in this country likes and admires the UK, and thinks you are sticking with us because we are friends and we stood together during WWII in the face of overwhelming evil and won! People respect your country for hanging so tough. And most people don't read forums like this and realize how much you guys can't stand us :( . It seems Britain is in great danger of terrorism. We want to defeat them (terrorists) so both our countries are safe. You can disagree with how the Bush & Blair admins are attempting that, but our country, believe it or not, cares about yours.

You also said:
"As for Americans, thier just like the rest of us, mostly decent with a small percentage of morons. My experience of most Americans is a very positive one. Hard working and genuinley friendly."

Thanks. We are all smarting a bit about the "violent, money-hungry, uncultured" thing. Besides, we've only had a couple of centuries to create a culture that could rise to the level of The Spice Girls :p .

Well said nns1400. We are fighting a great enemy. The western world is in great peril. The islamofascist have brainwashed the common middle-eastern man ( muslims) to wage a terrorist war against U.S., Israel and Europe. We are in for a long rough ride.

FredC said:
Bush doesn't give a ****, for him it's heads up no limit texas hold 'em. Dead stacks of american citizens versus oil chips for his company.

Grettings P.
I am embarassed by the likes of humankind in general. Put me in control and I will set you free.
Ever heard that before?..well I mean it!
Hang in 25 or 30 more years and we got it made!
I propose that we ride until it hurts ,drink until it hurts,eat until it hurts and sleep until it doesn't. Anyone can throw sex in there if they wish.
You can quote me on that.

jhuskey said:
Grettings P.
I am embarassed by the likes of humankind in general. Put me in control and I will set you free.
Ever heard that before?..well I mean it!
Hang in 25 or 30 more years and we got it made!
I propose that we ride until it hurts ,drink until it hurts,eat until it hurts and sleep until it doesn't. Anyone can throw sex in there if they wish.
You can quote me on that.
OK.
"I propose that we ride until it hurts,drink until it hurts,eat until it hurts and sleep until it doesn't."
Second the motion.

I'll propose the motion : SB & JH.

Good to have P (FC) back.
Hopefully he will contribute more often.

Sometimes it can be supprising how people of such different backgounds can get along together, but looking similar is taking it a bit too far.

Image49.jpg

nns1400 said:
MountainPro said:
I would like to distance the UK from the US politically but not lose them as an ally.

Ha! Well doesn't everyone?! Keep America as an ally, just don't be an ally. Do you use all your friends in that manner? I know, I know, you're going to say we are using you. But almost everyone in this country likes and admires the UK, and thinks you are sticking with us because we are friends and we stood together during WWII in the face of overwhelming evil and won! People respect your country for hanging so tough. And most people don't read forums like this and realize how much you guys can't stand us :( . It seems Britain is in great danger of terrorism. We want to defeat them (terrorists) so both our countries are safe. You can disagree with how the Bush & Blair admins are attempting that, but our country, believe it or not, cares about yours.

You also said:
"As for Americans, thier just like the rest of us, mostly decent with a small percentage of morons. My experience of most Americans is a very positive one. Hard working and genuinley friendly."

Thanks. We are all smarting a bit about the "violent, money-hungry, uncultured" thing. Besides, we've only had a couple of centuries to create a culture that could rise to the level of The Spice Girls :p .
Great post.

Count me in the group that is surprised we are loathed so by your average Brit. I count them as our only true ally in the world and would support any action militarily or not to come to their aid should they so need it.

The UK is as naive about the terrorists in their midsts as we were pre 9/11 and it's a shame they don't see it. One will never know how many attacks were prevented in the last 5 years by our actions against terrorists and their funding sources.

Either way.....despite the loathing....I still count the UK as our only true ally.

BillM said:
Great post.

Count me in the group that is surprised we are loathed so by your average Brit. I count them as our only true ally in the world and would support any action militarily or not to come to their aid should they so need it.

The UK is as naive about the terrorists in their midsts as we were pre 9/11 and it's a shame they don't see it. One will never know how many attacks were prevented in the last 5 years by our actions against terrorists and their funding sources.

Either way.....despite the loathing....I still count the UK as our only true ally.
Sad but true. Honestly, I would do anything to protect Phil Liggett :) .

BillM said:
Great post.

Bill, i really dont think we are niave about terrorism, we've been dealing with it for a lot longer than the US, plus we just foiled 'the biggest terrorist plot in world history'

that aside, yo really need to pay attentioy to the BBC or whatever UK based media you like...

MountainPro said:
Bill, i really dont think we are niave about terrorism, we've been dealing with it for a lot longer than the US, plus we just foiled 'the biggest terrorist plot in world history'

that aside, yo really need to pay attentioy to the BBC or whatever UK based media you like...
MountainPro, you have again hurt my American feelings by ignoring my post and responding to Bill's. What ABOUT the Spice Girls ;) ?