Do you get gallstones from drinking too much diet soda?

Froze said:
They added walking which they didn't do before or any other form of physical activity, food wise I think I recall it was on the lines of the Mediterranean diet.
Thanks for the info, It's all pretty interesting to know :)

Susimi said:
Thanks for the info, It's all pretty interesting to know :)
Keep in mind regarding diets, every person that markets a diet says theirs is the best and for some it may be, but everyone is different, what may work great for one person may not work at all for another. The Mediterranean diet is a plant based diet, while I don't have a weight issue my wife does and she and I together tried this diet about 25 years ago for about 9 months and I hated it because after we went on it I had almost zero energy for riding a bike in the mountains of California. A friend of ours who was a licensed certified health nut increased my protein intake using plants of course and still got nothing except gave me loose bowel movements, so after 9 months we gave up and went back to what we normally eat. While I didn't lose any weight on this diet my wife did but not a lot because she doesn't like to exercise. But the one thing this diet did do was to lower my cholesterol levels, however cholesterol is controversial, for years they have been trying to get us to lower it but now findings are starting to come out that Alzheimer's may be caused by starving our brains of cholesterol which is what brain matter is made of, so now they're trying to rethink these levels and we may be finding them increasing shortly, how much? I don't know.

There is another diet that is supposedly better than the Mediterranean and that's one called the TLC Diet, you'll have to google that one to see if it's something you want to look into. The Mediterranean seems to work well with most women and some men..

Regardless no diet is going to work if you don't get your metabolism up, and the only way you can do that is with regular exercise.

I have never had any gallstones however I drink diet soda only occasionally. I have read some study which claims that is better to drink regular soda when losing weight since diet soda makes you want to eat more.

moneyman said:
I have never had any gallstones however I drink diet soda only occasionally. I have read some study which claims that is better to drink regular soda when losing weight since diet soda makes you want to eat more.
Yes this is supposedly true from what I've read and mentioned earlier. What I think is funny is seeing people at an all you can eat restaurant then have a diet soda, it's like somehow the 5,000 calories of food they just ate will be erased by the 1 calorie drink.

Froze said:
Yes this is supposedly true from what I've read and mentioned earlier. What I think is funny is seeing people at an all you can eat restaurant then have a diet soda, it's like somehow the 5,000 calories of food they just ate will be erased by the 1 calorie drink.
I find this mentality somewhat amusing too. You'll get someone having all those calories and then have the diet soda saying it's the healthier option when ironically it's worse than a regular soda.

I quit drinking sodas around a decade ago. Best decision I made in my life and have never looked back. There are far healthier alternatives, such as fruit juices which can keep one refreshed during warm days. My dad suffered from gallstones, and that's not surprising since he was a big soda drinker.

Drink water instead!No liquid better than water.If you have to drink lots of diet soda,you can go ask you doctor and have physical examination every year.

When I live off the grid I was forced to minimize my consumption of any sugar rich drinks. I was too lazy to go out to buy and it did me good. I shed a few pounds and I think that is because of my abstinence from soda and other drinks. I think dairy is responsible for gallstones.