Does a trike put me on a collision course with traffic?

In article <[email protected]>,
"Valued Corporate #120,345 Employee (B A R R Y)" <[email protected]> writes:
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:48:17 -0700, "Jack May" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most of the
>>transportation dollars to transport an insignificant number of people. The
>>result is increased congestion caused by transit resulting in greatly
>>increased pollution and green house gases.

> That's so stupid, my head exploded.

What he's saying is: he doesn't like buses 'cuz
they sometimes cause him to slow his iron chariot
down a little. Alas & alak! Woe, woe, and
thrrrice woe!

Anyways, don't worry about it. My brain
plotzes numerous times a day, and Jack May
is a Known Quantity.

klahowya,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:

On Apr 12, 12:48 am, "Jack May" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most of the
> transportation dollars to transport an insignificant number of people. The
> result is increased congestion caused by transit resulting in greatly
> increased pollution and green house gases.

:) Hilarious!

- Frank Krygowski

Jack May's latest:

> Cars are the result of the evolution of technology by private
> companies. Most roads were not built by Government in the
> earliest days.

=v= Of course, "earliest days" is totally irrelevant here. The
smooth roads we know and are familiar with originated in the
public sector, thanks to "good roads" activists (who were mostly
bicyclists).

> Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most
> of the transportation dollars to transport an insignificant
> number of people.

=v= You just keep telling yourself that.

> Again you have no understanding of transportation or
> apparently anything else.

=v= Keep telling yourself that, too.
<_Jym_>

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jack May wrote:
>> "ComandanteBanana" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> On Apr 11, 11:43 am, Eric Vey <[email protected]> wrote:

..

> Is Jack May a bot created by "Detroit"?

I am a Silicon Valley engineer that lives in the real world. You apparently
have no concept of the real world.

"Valued Corporate #120,345 Employee (B A R R Y)"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:48:17 -0700, "Jack May" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most of the
>>transportation dollars to transport an insignificant number of people.
>>The
>>result is increased congestion caused by transit resulting in greatly
>>increased pollution and green house gases.

> That's so stupid, my head exploded.

The SF Bay area spends two thirds of its transportation funds to carry 5% of
the travel. If you can't understand how that causes major problems, then
you are worthless as a person.

> On Apr 12, 12:48 am, "Jack May" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most of the
>> transportation dollars to transport an insignificant number of people.
>> The
>> result is increased congestion caused by transit resulting in greatly
>> increased pollution and green house gases.

> :) Hilarious!

In other words you are far too retarded to understand that spending two
thirds of the transportation dollars to carry 5% of the travel is a major
problem.

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Pat, an apparent member of the puny human species, wrote:
>> On Apr 10, 11:39 pm, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
>> wrote:

> I believe changes will occur in human production of energy. The change
> will be a negative one, as readily extractable, inexpensive hydrocarbon
> sources disappear. It is too late in the day for the sensible choices of
> more energy efficient societies, large scale renewable energy production
> and a reasonable population size.

Billions are being spent by extremely rich, extremely smart people that
think you are wrong.

> Nuclear fusion might save the day, but there has been little progress in a
> half century of experimentation, so that remains a long shot to achieve.

Its a political decision. You only have to have Congress members get stuck
in the cold and dark with no transportation to change the laws.

On Apr 10, 11:57 pm, Pat <[email protected]> wrote:

> > > How can you deny that change is inevitable, constant and
> > > unpredictable?

>This system denies change. We could have been riding EVs ("Who killed

the electric car?) and even bikes for a long time. Yeah bikes, they
are a terrific option for personal transportation. Not for antisocials
like you who live in the boondocks, but for social monkeys.

Food production is extremely inefficient. Using humans for motors is a way
to starve to death a high percentage of the third world.

Electric cars consume lots of energy and produce lots of pollution at the
power plant, especially at coal powered plants.

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:51:15 -0700, "Jack May" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>The SF Bay area spends two thirds of its transportation funds to carry 5% of
>the travel. If you can't understand how that causes major problems, then
>you are worthless as a person.

Check New York City.

"Valued Corporate #120,345 Employee (B A R R Y)"
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 15:51:15 -0700, "Jack May" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>The SF Bay area spends two thirds of its transportation funds to carry 5%
>>of
>>the travel. If you can't understand how that causes major problems, then
>>you are worthless as a person.

> Check New York City.

NYC is not an example of anything that can be done in other cities. I am
surprised you would use such a ridiculous statement.

What you have to understand that transportation is a complex system with all
forms of transportation affecting all other forms of transportation.
Apparently some of the people above are completely unable to understand the
fundamental concepts of systems.

You also have understand that there is not unlimited money available for
transportation. Spending excessive amounts of money for little used
transportation obviously reduces money for heavily used transportation which
is required to keep the economy and employment strong.

"Jack May" <[email protected]> writes:

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Jack May wrote:
> >> "ComandanteBanana" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> On Apr 11, 11:43 am, Eric Vey <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>

> .
> >>

> > Is Jack May a bot created by "Detroit"?

> I am a Silicon Valley engineer that lives in the real world. You apparently
> have no concept of the real world.

Care to explain what sort of engineering you actually do if any? Based
on previous posts, I thought you claimed to be a manager or some sort.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB

Bill Zaumen wrote:
> "Jack May" <[email protected]> writes:
>
>> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>>

>> .
>>> Is Jack May a bot created by "Detroit"?

>> I am a Silicon Valley engineer that lives in the real world. You apparently
>> have no concept of the real world.

> Care to explain what sort of engineering you actually do if any? Based
> on previous posts, I thought you claimed to be a manager or some sort.

Sales engineering?

Jack May wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Jack May wrote:
>>> "ComandanteBanana" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> On Apr 11, 11:43 am, Eric Vey <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>

> .
>> Is Jack May a bot created by "Detroit"?

> I am a Silicon Valley engineer that lives in the real world. You apparently
> have no concept of the real world.

Silly Cone Valley is the real world? Hardly representative of 99.9% of
the real world.

Jack May wrote:
> "Valued Corporate #120,345 Employee (B A R R Y)"
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 21:48:17 -0700, "Jack May" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most of the
>>> transportation dollars to transport an insignificant number of people.
>>> The
>>> result is increased congestion caused by transit resulting in greatly
>>> increased pollution and green house gases.

>> That's so stupid, my head exploded.

> The SF Bay area spends two thirds of its transportation funds to carry 5% of
> the travel. If you can't understand how that causes major problems, then
> you are worthless as a person.

5% of ALL funds (which would include all expenditures on privately owned
motor vehicles) or 5% of public funds?

Either way, have a citation for that figure? Does it include the cost of
maintaining roads used by privately owned vehicles? What about the cost
to other departments such as law enforcement for patrolling public
roads, etc?

Jack May wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> On Apr 12, 12:48 am, "Jack May" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Public transit maximizes global warming by spending most of the
>>> transportation dollars to transport an insignificant number of people.
>>> The
>>> result is increased congestion caused by transit resulting in greatly
>>> increased pollution and green house gases.

>> :) Hilarious!
>>

> In other words you are far too retarded to understand that spending two
> thirds of the transportation dollars to carry 5% of the travel is a major
> problem.

Gee, so the government is now subsidizing all the costs of private motor
vehicles? What about non-motorized private vehicles? Where do I sign up
to have the government buy me a new bicycle?

Jack May wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Pat, an apparent member of the puny human species, wrote:
>>> On Apr 10, 11:39 pm, Tom Sherman <[email protected]>
>>> wrote:

>> I believe changes will occur in human production of energy. The change
>> will be a negative one, as readily extractable, inexpensive hydrocarbon
>> sources disappear. It is too late in the day for the sensible choices of
>> more energy efficient societies, large scale renewable energy production
>> and a reasonable population size.

> Billions are being spent by extremely rich, extremely smart people that
> think you are wrong.

They are not extremely smart, just cunning, ruthless and greedy.

>> Nuclear fusion might save the day, but there has been little progress in a
>> half century of experimentation, so that remains a long shot to achieve.

> Its a political decision. You only have to have Congress members get stuck
> in the cold and dark with no transportation to change the laws.

Congress can change the laws of nature? Wow!

Jack May wrote:
> "ComandanteBanana" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> This system denies change. We could have been riding EVs ("Who killed

> the electric car?) and even bikes for a long time. Yeah bikes, they
> are a terrific option for personal transportation. Not for antisocials
> like you who live in the boondocks, but for social monkeys.
>
> Food production is extremely inefficient. Using humans for motors is a way
> to starve to death a high percentage of the third world.

Local food production is not extremely inefficient. Duh!

Long pig may well become a food staple towards the end of the century.
When people are hungry enough, they will eat anything.

[email protected] aka Mike Schwab wrote:
> On Apr 10, 9:13 pm, Pat <[email protected]> wrote:
> <deleted>
>> Even the Amish and Mennonites have progress. Otherwise, go live in a
>> museum somewhere.

> I was at the Amish ride in Aurthur IL about 4 years ago and saw an
> Amish guy on an EZ-Sport, an Amish woman on an upright trike with
> cargo basket, a few others on DF bikes, and lots of horse and covered
> carriage.

And all of them are named Yoder.

> http://www.decaturbicycleclub.org/arthur.html

Ah, the "Tour de Manure". I saw an Amish man on a teal Vision R-40
pulling a trailer during the 1999 ride.

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> writes:

> Jack May wrote:
> > "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>>

> > .
> >> Is Jack May a bot created by "Detroit"?

> > I am a Silicon Valley engineer that lives in the real world. You
> > apparently have no concept of the real world.

> Silly Cone Valley is the real world? Hardly representative of 99.9% of
> the real world.

Silly name calling makes you look as dumb as Jack May.