fignon crying

vspa

Jan 11, 2009
Anyone watching the TV5 french LIVE broadcast of the TOUR, Laurent Fignon broke in tears while commenting the last stage into Paris. He has an advanced gastric-related cancer an had been reporting the tour and taking his chimio therapy at the same time.

anyone interested here is a link with pictures of his career
Les exploits de Laurent Fignon - L'EQUIPE MAGAZINE

vspa said:
Anyone watching the TV5 french LIVE broadcast of the TOUR, Laurent Fignon broke in tears while commenting the last stage into Paris. He has an advanced gastric-related cancer an had been reporting the tour and taking his chimio therapy at the same time.

anyone interested here is a link with pictures of his career
Les exploits de Laurent Fignon - L'EQUIPE MAGAZINE

The Professor was a fantastic rider, the photos are pretty good!

Has anyone here read his book?

Yep I love it all. All the Renault. The head band. The reading glasses. The massive pins.

Top sh1t.

Geoff Vadar said:
Yep I love it all. All the Renault. The head band. The reading glasses. The massive pins.

The arrogance. The aggression. The dominance. When he was at his peak he was awesome. Very few have a palmares as great. French cycling needs another Fignon badly.

I remember the race and that scene vividly including comments that were made. I recall that he had a lot of issues with his saddle that year and had to change it at least once.
Yes I am that old.

steve said:
The Professor was a fantastic rider, the photos are pretty good!

Has anyone here read his book?

I am, I still haven't finish it, I don't know if it is available in english. Its nice and fun to read, seeing things from the inside, like his first years with Hinault on the Renault team, the battle with Lemond on the 89 tour, his relationship with Cyrille Guimard, etc

Always like Fignon the rider.
Great rider in his day.

Met him in a hotel in carrick on suir, in the 1990's.
He asked me to introduce him, to my wife!
I said "you're not in France now, Laurent. That sort of stuff just isn't on".
Horny bugger.