Fred Bike of the 2000's?!?

"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]..."Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I don't give a **** if you're Lance Armstrong, the fredliest thing you can do is put someone else
> down because of what they ride or what category
they
> ride.

If you're going to brag about "polishing my national championship medal", oftentimes you're going
to get it.

bragging sucks, Mr. Master Fred.

kg

"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

>BTW, maybe you should know who you're talking to as well.

<snip>

Danny Callen wrote:

> On the amount of training I do due to all my other responsibilities, I do pretty well. Sure I
> could have probably gone far at this sport but that't not what I do it for. Like I did say
> earlier, I know exactly where I am and have no delusions of grandeur.

there was a post on one of the chess groups that your post here is reminding me of. (musing about
how it's ok to be just "ok" at a sport, which i agree with, btw)-

"i enjoy playing even though i know i may or will never reach master level nor would i want to reach
this level, its like golf football or snooker for eg, how many people play these games without
worrying about becoming world class players, chess seems to have an effect on people where they
imagine they should become masters for some reason or other, other games do not, why is that i
wonder, i mean i will play a game of darts at my local pub but it will not cross my mind to think i
should win the Embassy World Championship next year, perhaps this is where i am going wrong :)"

heather

"Canuck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > I don't give a **** if you're Lance Armstrong, the fredliest thing you
can
> > do is put someone else down because of what they ride or what category
> they
> > ride.
>

> If you're going to brag about "polishing my national championship medal", oftentimes you're going
> to get it.
>
> bragging sucks, Mr. Master Fred.
>

> kg
>

> "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > >

> >BTW, maybe you should know who you're talking to as well. I'm no wannabee..I may be a has been
> >..or never was...but I know exactlyt where I stand...sorry gotta go
polish
> > that tarnished National Championship Medal..!

Agreed. I don't often go there because it was so long ago it doesn't matter. It was only a response
to let you folks know that I know what it's like to be at the "top". I don't recall being
condensending back then. The point is that real champions respect other atheletes and don't have to
"prove" anything. Yes there are freds and I understand what is meant by it but if someone buys an
expensive bike and enjoys the hell out of it; it's ok with me!

Can't believe I got sucked into another damn Allbright troll! Now THAT is fredly!

Danny Callen

heather halvorson wrote:
> "i will play a game of darts at my local pub but it will not cross my mind to think i should win
> the Embassy World Championship next year, perhaps this is where i am going wrong :)"

No that is pointless, Barney will WIN AGAIN!!

heather halvorson wrote:

> there was a post on one of the chess groups that your post here is reminding me of. (musing about
> how it's ok to be just "ok" at a sport, which i agree with, btw)-

Difference between Chess and Cycling:

- in Chess, you get to be a master by being good at chess, in Cycling, you get to be a master by
getting older.

"heather halvorson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> there was a post on one of the chess groups that your post here is reminding me of. (musing about
> how it's ok to be just "ok" at a sport, which i agree with, btw)-

Sure it's ok. Unless you write something like this:

"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

>BTW, maybe you should know who you're talking to as well.

<snip>

>sorry gotta go polish that tarnished National Championship Medal..!

in which case it would behoove the braggart to be much, much better than 'ok'.

kg

"Kurgan Gringioni" <.adelphia.net...

> "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]..."Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > I don't give a **** if you're Lance Armstrong, the fredliest thing you
can
> > do is put someone else down because of what they ride or what category
> they
> > ride.
>

> If you're going to brag about "polishing my national championship medal", oftentimes you're going
> to get it.
>
> bragging sucks, Mr. Master Fred.

Coming from a * Big Zero * that means nothing. You've never accomplished anything (on a bike or
anything closely resembling) )otherwise why would you not sign your posts?

(...except your mind works so slowly so I forgive you)

-Ken

"Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringioni..net...

> "Ken Papai" <[email protected]@rwcrnsc54...
> >
> > You're so soulful you're ashamed of your name!
>

> Not at all. I've always wanted to be a part of the Three G's Love Triangle (Gaggioli, Gerlach,
> Gragus) and this is the only way I could conveniently
do
> it.

I guess being permanently 13 years old forgives you of everything.

"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Agreed. I don't often go there because it was so long ago it doesn't
matter.
> It was only a response to let you folks know that I know what it's like to be at the "top".

Having a masters medal is not being at the top. It's somewhere in the middle, Mr. Fred.

>I don't recall being condensending back then. The point is that real champions respect other
>atheletes and don't have to "prove" anything. Yes there are freds and I understand what is meant by
>it but if someone buys an expensive bike and enjoys the hell out of it; it's ok with me!
>
> Can't believe I got sucked into another damn Allbright troll! Now THAT is fredly!

Sometimes a "good troll" is nothing more than a worthy topic, and in my opinion, there is nothing
more worthy than discussing Freds.

kg

"Ken Papai" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:ZWoW9.734187$%[email protected]...

> "Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringioni..net...
> >
> > "Ken Papai" <[email protected]@rwcrnsc54...
> > >
> > > You're so soulful you're ashamed of your name!
> >

> > Not at all. I've always wanted to be a part of the Three G's Love
Triangle
> > (Gaggioli, Gerlach, Gragus) and this is the only way I could
conveniently
> do
> > it.
>
> I guess being permanently 13 years old forgives you of everything.

Kenny, you don't even know what the three G's have in common besides their last initial do you?

Amongst those who race with/against them, another nickname is "The Brotherhood".

Since you have no idea what any of this refers to, perhaps you should refrain from commenting.
That's what most sensible people do on a topic they're clueless about.

kg

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> Sure it's ok. Unless you write something like this:
>
> "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > >

> >BTW, maybe you should know who you're talking to as well.
>
> <snip>
>
> >sorry gotta go polish that tarnished National Championship Medal..!
>
> in which case it would behoove the braggart to be much, much better than 'ok'.
>
> kg

the full quote is-

"BTW, maybe you should know who you're talking to as well. I'm no wannabee..I may be a has been ..or
never was...but I know exactlyt where I stand...sorry gotta go polish that tarnished National
Championship Medal..!"

now, i don't want to put words in dc's mouth, but what i think he's saying is, "i've been a nc
champion in a sport before, so i know the difference between that level and where i am now. i have
no delusions about my bike racing abilities."

it is worded ambiguously. the only reason i figured it out was cause of callen's follow-up posts.

& i could be wrong, heather

> "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Agreed. I don't often go there because it was so long ago it doesn't
> matter.
> > It was only a response to let you folks know that I know what it's like
> > be at the "top".
>

> Having a masters medal is not being at the top. It's somewhere in the middle, Mr. Fred.

I don't have a Masters Medal there Mr. no-name hot shot. Your reading comprehension is worse than my
5 year old. Just another nameless troll...

Danny Callen

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> Amongst those who race with/against them, another nickname is "The Brotherhood".

Are you suggesting there is more than just the caffeine suppositories involved here?

"heather halvorson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Kurgan Gringioni wrote:
> >
> > Sure it's ok. Unless you write something like this:
> >
> > "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > >

> > >BTW, maybe you should know who you're talking to as well.
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > >sorry gotta go polish that tarnished National Championship Medal..!
> >
> > in which case it would behoove the braggart to be much, much better than 'ok'.
> >
> > kg
>
> the full quote is-
>
> "BTW, maybe you should know who you're talking to as well. I'm no wannabee..I may be a has been
> ..or never was...but I know exactlyt where I stand...sorry gotta go polish that tarnished National
> Championship
Medal..!"

> now, i don't want to put words in dc's mouth, but what i think he's saying is, "i've been a nc
> champion in a sport before, so i know the difference between that level and where i am now. i have
> no delusions about my bike racing abilities."
>
> it is worded ambiguously. the only reason i figured it out was cause of callen's follow-up posts.
>
> & i could be wrong, heather

Heather, you're spot on. KG or whoever the hell he is can't seem to read, especially when I replied
specifically that he had the wrong sport. I'm not a great cyclist and have never claimed to be as KG
has. I despise bragging (and anyone who knows me knows that I'm certaintly not that way) and was
only responding to KG's comment:

"Mmm hmmm. I didn't get to ride it most of that ten years because I had to ride team issue bikes."

Now you tell me who is "bragging". My entire rant has been a specific response to KG thinking so
"highly of himself". If he really was a champion
A) he wouldn't act like that and B) he'd probably use his real name.

Your comment "i've been a nc champion in a sport before, so i know the difference between that level
and where i am now. i have no delusions about my bike racing abilities." is perfectly correct. I
wasn't condesending then and I'm not now.

Danny Callen

"heather halvorson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> now, i don't want to put words in dc's mouth, but what i think he's saying is, "i've been a nc
> champion in a sport before, so i know the difference between that level and where i am now. i have
> no delusions about my bike racing abilities."
>
> it is worded ambiguously. the only reason i figured it out was cause of callen's follow-up posts.
>
> & i could be wrong,

Yes you could.

"Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Have you ever heard the term reliability? How many bikes have you bought
in
> 9 years? and if you're overweight you have to buy a bike that is heavy and will rust out in a few
> years? What kind of logic is that? Why is it that there is a majority of "riders" on this
> newsgroup that have some holier-than-though atitiude just because they can't afford something? I'm
> likely overweight in comparison to many of the folks on this newsgroup but I'll bet dollars to
> donuts I can drop more than half of you on a hill.

"I could drop more than half of you on a hill"

only a Fred would write that.

"Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringioni..net...

> "Ken Papai" <[email protected]@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att.net...
> >
> > "Kurgan Gringioni" <kgringioni..net...
> > >
> > > "Ken Papai" <[email protected]@rwcrnsc54...

> > > Not at all. I've always wanted to be a part of the Three G's Love
> Triangle
> > > (Gaggioli, Gerlach, Gragus) and this is the only way I could
> conveniently
> > do
> > > it.
> >
> > I guess being permanently 13 years old forgives you of everything.
>
> Kenny, you don't even know what the three G's have in common besides their last initial do you?

"Blah blah blah blah blah", said the anonymous boring & witless KG.

(of those three G's I know Chad Gerlach the least, by far)

Who are you and why then are you so smart and know-it-all?

> Amongst those who race with/against them, another nickname is "The Brotherhood".
>

> Since you have no idea what any of this refers to, perhaps you should refrain from commenting.
> That's what most sensible people do on a topic they're clueless about. kg

i forget just how amazingly stubborn a taurus can be. giving up and giving in, heather

heather halvorson wrote:

> i forget just how amazingly stubborn a taurus can be. giving up and giving in, heather

Like I said in another thread, "we are doomed." I retreat to nihilism.