French offer Armstrong a re-test of his 1999 Tour sample

DoctorSpoc, excellent post. Would have taken me 3 pages to summarise that story...

And all is correct. By the way guys, did you know it was Ressiot again (the "lying reporter from l'Equipe") who revealed Schumacher's positive test?

That guy clearly sleeps with one of the girls of the French lab Chatenay Malabry...:D

doctorSpoc said:
... as much as everyone knows he's guiltier than sin.. he's in the clear and they seriously need to give it a rest...
How about they give it a rest when Armstrong and his fanboys stop lying about him racing clean?

jrtalon said:
Did someone conduct a poll or something?
You're from New Jersey, right?:)

Ask yourself why German national TV is thinking of giving up on Tour de France 2009 broadcast?

1) Ullrich and Co (Jaksche, Sinkewitz, now probably Schumacher)
2) LA comeback

adamastor said:
You're from New Jersey, right?:)

Ask yourself why German national TV is thinking of giving up on Tour de France 2009 broadcast?

1) Ullrich and Co (Jaksche, Sinkewitz, now probably Schumacher)
2) LA comeback
Weren't they thinking about giving up the broadcast even before LA announced his comeback? If not I'd say its more likely the reason is number 1 seeing how a lot of German riders are being popped.

Bro Deal said:
How about they give it a rest when Armstrong and his fanboys stop lying about him racing clean?

i'm strictly talking about trying to use the 1999 non-negatives to sanction him or prove his guilt in an official or semi-official or legalistic way... it's not going to happen... they f'd it up. he's won that one... it over.. deal with it. anyone with half a brain can see his guilty, but as i said they can't touch him in any official or even semi-official, legal or quasi-legal way... logically it follows... legally.. not even close... they need to look forward and stop looking back.. they lost that one.

doctorSpoc said:
i'm strictly talking about trying to use the 1999 non-negatives to sanction him or prove his guilt in an official or semi-official or legalistic way... it's not going to happen... they f'd it up. he's won that one... it over.. deal with it. anyone with half a brain can see his guilty, but as i said they can't touch him in any official or even semi-official, legal or quasi-legal way... logically it follows... legally.. not even close... they need to look forward and stop looking back.. they lost that one.
No one is trying to sanction Armstrong with the retro-testing. That is a strawman.

Bro Deal said:
No one is trying to sanction Armstrong with the retro-testing. That is a strawman.

they are certainly trying to demonstrate, insinuate, paint him etc, etc.. with guilt from the 1999 tests.. whatever you want to call it... but it's not going to work... like it or not Lance has beaten this rap... move on... reload and try again in 2009... he's gifted you another time at bat..

i can't believe i'm making the case for Lance Armstrong... if you look at the history of my posts i am a rabid Lance hater... if i can see that in any kind of official sense they can't use 1999 as a basis to paint him with guilt these officials should be able too... move on and try to get him in 2009...

jrtalon said:
Weren't they thinking about giving up the broadcast even before LA announced his comeback? If not I'd say its more likely the reason is number 1 seeing how a lot of German riders are being popped.
That's why I put thast reason as number 1. But the new discussions about not transmitting came after LA's announcement.

I think the concensus is that everyone needs to move on, regardless of your opinions on LA.

Here is something to ponder: If LA was using EPO in 99, why would he want to make a comeback a decade later without the assistance of EPO? It's obvious he can't be taking it now and that's all that matters.

If he wins the TDF 09 it will be without EPO - that is for certian. The testing scruitiny around his comeback will make sure of that. On top of that he simply would not come out of retirement and risk being caught.

So the fact is that LA is not currently doping. If he wins the TDF next year I think everyone should accept the 99 result as insignificant to the man's overall achivement in the sport.

QikSmurf said:
I think the concensus is that everyone needs to move on, regardless of your opinions on LA.

Here is something to ponder: If LA was using EPO in 99, why would he want to make a comeback a decade later without the assistance of EPO? It's obvious he can't be taking it now and that's all that matters.

If he wins the TDF 09 it will be without EPO - that is for certian. The testing scruitiny around his comeback will make sure of that. On top of that he simply would not come out of retirement and risk being caught.

So the fact is that LA is not currently doping. If he wins the TDF next year I think everyone should accept the 99 result as insignificant to the man's overall achivement in the sport.

Thanks for the comments Lance. ********.

jrtalon said:
After last TDF, German were happy with what was done by AFLD, ASO,... to restore cycling credibility.
But LA's comeback is seen as a return to dark ages.

PS: if you have not be able to travel outside US because of weak dollar and Bush, you can read by internet the news of other countries!:D

QikSmurf said:

No pondering is needed. There is enough clues, indices, affidavits, books, testing samples, molesting behaviours, ... to conclude that Lance doped.

With what we are learning with CERA, how could it be a serious Catlin testing without blood storing for long term retrotesting?

doctorSpoc said:
they are certainly trying to demonstrate, insinuate, paint him etc, etc.. with guilt from the 1999 tests.. whatever you want to call it... but it's not going to work... like it or not Lance has beaten this rap... move on... reload and try again in 2009... he's gifted you another time at bat..

i can't believe i'm making the case for Lance Armstrong... if you look at the history of my posts i am a rabid Lance hater... if i can see that in any kind of official sense they can't use 1999 as a basis to paint him with guilt these officials should be able too... move on and try to get him in 2009...

+1, like it or not (I really hate it actually), Lance beat the rap during his reign. Regroup and get the cheating ******* in '09. This back and forth rangling just makes ASO and the French look amateurish, especially with the UCI already clearing the cheat a couple years ago. He's legally cleared now. Develop new doping tests that can catch the child-dater (and others) in '09.

QikSmurf said:

i don't agree with that... i think the consensus is that it is DAMN obvious that Armstrong doped in 1999... c'mon 6 samples with EPO in them... but it's just as obvious that he got away with it... so give it up already..

Lance can surely cheat and get away with it in 2009 as well... if Lance gets someone to cook up a designer version of CERA or use a perfluoro carbon on race day or the multitude of other methods at his disposal that are undetectable he won't set off the alarm bells of the longitudinal testing... he can surely get away with it again... Armstrong is not stupid enough to use something over the counter... i have no doubt that armstrong and ferrari have cooked up something already and Armstrong would have had to be put on it before he got into the testing pool so as to set the high baseline and not set off the alarm bells... just because a few cheats were foolish/sloppy and got caught doesn't mean anything... testing advances yes, but so does cheating...

QikSmurf said:
If he wins the TDF next year I think everyone should accept the 99 result as insignificant to the man's overall achivement in the sport.
That's exactly what shouldn't be allowed to happen.

doctorSpoc said:
i don't agree with that... i think the consensus is that it is DAMN obvious that Armstrong doped in 1999... c'mon 6 samples with EPO in them... but it's just as obvious that he got away with it... so give it up already..

Lance can surely cheat and get away with it in 2009 as well... if Lance gets someone to cook up a designer version of CERA or use a perfluoro carbon on race day or the multitude of other methods at his disposal that are undetectable he won't set off the alarm bells of the longitudinal testing... he can surely get away with it again... Armstrong is not stupid enough to use something over the counter... i have no doubt that armstrong and ferrari have cooked up something already and Armstrong would have had to be put on it before he got into the testing pool so as to set the high baseline and not set off the alarm bells... just because a few cheats were foolish/sloppy and got caught doesn't mean anything... testing advances yes, but so does cheating...
Personally, I think that is exactly what is going on, he is sure he can beat the doping tests (again), just as he is sure he can win. No other reason for him to come back.

Tech72 said:
+1, like it or not (I really hate it actually), Lance beat the rap during his reign. Regroup and get the cheating ******* in '09. This back and forth rangling just makes ASO and the French look amateurish, especially with the UCI already clearing the cheat a couple years ago. He's legally cleared now. Develop new doping tests that can catch the child-dater (and others) in '09.
I'm sure Bjarne Riis thought he had beaten the rap, too. It always comes out in the end, one way or another. Armstrong and Bruyneel's time will come.

adamastor said:
That's why I put thast reason as number 1. But the new discussions about not transmitting came after LA's announcement.
yeah looks like your right, i just dug this up http://www.velonews.com/article/83174/german-broadcasters-not-amused-with-armstrong-s-comeback

Although I find it amusing everyone saying Armstrong is from a "past we don't want to see again" well from where I'm sitting (yes in New Jersey) the past is still the present. And to be honest with ya I'm a fan of cycling, I enjoy watching the Tour and have the past 10yrs. Sure would be nice it everyone was clean but....well *shrugs*

The thing I don't understand is why does Eddie Merckx who failed 3 doping tests in his career seemingly get a pass yet Armstrong who has never failed a test(technically) gets condemned. If Armstrong got caught legitimately would people still look at Armstrong with the same admiration the majority of cycling fans look a Merchx? Well the anwser to that is obvious since it seems a lot of people (in this forum) don't have any admiration for Lance as it is. But whats the difference...why is Eddie a god and Lance pond scum?

QikSmurf said:

+1. Great post! Absolutely true.